onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

13 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

Oh dear...Great to go somewhere where I am wanted. !!!  

Not sure there was any need for that...

Seems from the words used by Taylor, that Clarke perhaps told him he wouldn’t be in his plans so he was free to find another club. Not bothered about him going at all. 

We’re going to bring 4/5 quality players in. 

Advert

I don’t care what anyone says, losing, Gibbons, Whitehead (Coach) and now Taylor isn’t great. 

Hopefully we will get some decent quality in soon. The players that we are currently having in on trial aren’t filling me with much confidence at the moment. 

You need 6 central midfielders for every match if we play with wingbacks again now it's 5 subs. Taylor would/should have been told that he'd be playing a huge amount of minutes next season, either off the bench with 30 to go or starting. I'd have been happier seeing Walker or Pett moved on before Taylor, but league 1 clubs wouldn't be going in for them boys.

I'd have been happier seeing Walker or Pett moved on before Taylor, but league 1 clubs wouldn't be going in for them boys.

Really? Wow

That's your opinion, fair enough, but I personally think you've been watching a different team to me over the past 12 months

A couple of observations....clearly Taylor has got ability but I think people have been blinded by a couple of decent performances in the playoffs and one good cross in a game. It's the classic Vale fan trait of looking at one or two things in isolation rather than the bigger picture. It's like when Joel Cooper came on as a sub, beat a player and then everyone was wetting themselves and wanting him to start until they found out he wasn't actually that good.

Taylor has had 18 months where he has either been injured or has not threatened to break into the first team. He has skill but lacks physicality which I think will be needed in a higher division.

Someone also mentioned that we've got rid of our two best players. That's simply not correct. Wilson and Conlon are our best players, end of discussion.

Essentially, we've got rid of Gibbons who is a good player but cannot be relied upon to play 30-40 games a season, Taylor ditto and couldn't establish himself in a league 2 team, Amoo not good enough or young enough for league 1 and Martin who seemed like a decent bloke and never let us down but not up to league 1 level. Also a goalkeeper who let us down more times than he helped us. We don't want a repeat of the injury situation either that we had last season.

We've seen this last season, our management team will bring in players that will improve us. They're not just going to bring in players for the sake of it because the fans are getting frustrated. I'd much rather them take longer over negotiations with better players than panic and bring in dross that clogs up the wage bill. The manager has said they will bring in 6-7 players and if he wasn't confident of that he wouldn't be so specific.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

13 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Really? Wow

That's your opinion, fair enough, but I personally think you've been watching a different team to me over the past 12 months

I don’t agree with that view but I will say Pett has been promoted before and Lincoln got rid. Walker also let go at this level. I’d prefer to keep these two over Taylor but I do see that view 

I think that letting Jake go could backfire. He is no more injury prone than potentially any other player. Anybody can get a serious injury at any time. Tom Conlan missed half of last season but nobody is suggesting getting rid of him because he's injury prone. Jake sounds like he feels he's he wasn't wanted at Vale which is a great shame. Didn't I see somewhere that everybody started this season with a clean slate. Apparently that didn't apply Jake and Cov. Regarding Holden, some on here are suggesting giving him a contract when he hasn't kicked a ball in anger for eighteen months, but are happy with letting Gibbo go because he's injury prone! Somebody on the Walsall forum showed a picture of the Haywood Hospital with a comment that he hoped that the Vale had reserved a bed ready for him!

26 minutes ago, DazFred said:

29 minutes ago, DazFred said:

So far we've let Covolan go for the season when I don't think he'd have made any starts for us 

Gibbo and Taylor played really well in the playoffs but their injury records aren't great and I expect neither would have started.

Hurst was nowhere near the first team,Martin wouldn't have started and we got fees for both 

We have enough players for the bench at least!

Ojo and Cass in,Holden may be offered a deal. The squad is settled,plenty of time in this transfer window. The club are planning to look after home fans in future with better facilities in the Hamil End.

It's all positive from me

Agree with Daz Fred 

We are losing players of league 2 standard, some also injury prone and a fruitcake goalie.

We have cleverly not only freed up salaries but we have also either got fees and sell on clauses.

The playing budget must now be looking much more positive and I look forward to new signings who will come in as proven league 1 players who are not injury prone.

I am hoping the lad from Walsall is the only exception on the injury front.

On a light hearted note I can remember a few seasons back a loan centre half who was built like the proverbial <ovf censored>-house with a limp that was that bad he was playing on one leg, and was MOM !! Anyone remember his name? Think we were in league 1 at the time so maybe 'few seasons' isn't quite the right term.

I find it odd some aren’t fussed Taylor is leaving because of injuries but happy we have Holden on trial. I know who I would rather have 
I would agree with that. I think we should steer clear of anyone injury prone. We nearly paid for it last season and we've got some still on our books who are susceptible to injury already. Wilson looks like he's going to pick something up every game!

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

Agree with Daz Fred 
We are losing players of league 2 standard, some also injury prone and a fruitcake goalie.
We have cleverly not only freed up salaries but we have also either got fees and sell on clauses.
The playing budget must now be looking much more positive and I look forward to new signings who will come in as proven league 1 players who are not injury prone.
On a light hearted note I can remember a few seasons back a loan centre half who was built like the proverbial -house with a limp that was that bad he was playing on one leg, and was MOM !! Anyone remember his name? Think we were in league 1 at the time so maybe 'few seasons' isn't quite the right term.

Was it that big black guy who signed on a short term deal to try and help us stay up? He was colossal! Can't remember his name either but he went to play in India after

Edit: Andre Bikey!

1 minute ago, philmpv said:
8 minutes ago, andy jones said:
Agree with Daz Fred 
On a light hearted note I can remember a few seasons back a loan centre half who was built like the proverbial -house with a limp that was that bad he was playing on one leg, and was MOM !! Anyone remember his name? Think we were in league 1 at the time so maybe 'few seasons' isn't quite the right term.

Was it that big black guy who signed on a short term deal to try and help us stay up? He was colossal! Can't remember his name either but he went to play in India after

Bikey - he was a right monster, could barely move and was class

Archived