onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

I hope you are right but to go on a weeks training camp with just 2 New signings and still 6 or 7 more to come and hardly any Friendly Games, just seems all a bit risky, especially being in a better quality league.
I don't think it is personally. Our first 11 presently pretty much picks itself and has played together for a whole season. We won't have a starting 11 of strangers like we did last season. That for me gives us the time to actually be patient and get the right additions in to introduce gradually

Advert

Lets remember and we keep hearing it that the club want to be Championship ready(i dont mean or expect this season),these players who have left got us to League One and we thank them but i guess they need to be sacrificed to bring in better players,we shall see

We lost Amoo and Gibbo ..... got in Ojo and Cass so i am happy with that,lets see who comes in for those leaving today and see if the strikers we bring in seem better than Harratt and Edmondson

Even when he was playing he averaged less than 60 minutes per game, there's a gifted and creative player in there but being 23 and spending the last 3 seasons mostly out injured, it doesn't bode well. 

My take on Taylor is he had flashes of brilliance but I think Clarke wants a more dynamic midfield.  Taylor's cross into Hall was magnificent, if I remember correctly he came on when Walker got injured. 

He struggled against a more physical side in Bristol Rovers and even though it isn't Taylor's style of play we are going to need a get stuck in midfield against a lot of clubs in League 1. Conlon, Garrity, Pett, Charsley and Walker, they can do it. Taylor has been out for so long and demanding more games, I'll be surprised if he plays anywhere near to a full season for Morecambe.

Regarding Martin, a solid player that was harshly treated by some fans. He was limited (most players are in League 2, thats why they are playing there) but he didn't get enough credit for his ability to step up and intercept off the striker. I wish him well and lets not forget his vital last minute goal last season, without it, our season could have been very different.

1 hour ago, aspin for england said:

Disappointed to see JT leave , thought he was back to his best at Wembley and  he would have been a regular until Conlon is able to prove his match fitness. As disappointed as Iam , I’m sure our management team have their reasons for this , plus JT may have wanted to go . Does this open the door for Holden or do we already have his replacement in Ojo.

No Ojo looked a carbon copy of Pett

1 minute ago, Jacko51 said:

There are many on here who will be delighted with that.

Not me Jean i liked him and once he had a run in the team i thought he was decent and he also scored 3 goals(not to shabby that) and what he has said upon leaving is really nice of the guy,i wish him all the best

1 minute ago, wotsyobeef said:

The way I read in to it is that now we are moving players out it gives us the space in both the squad and wage budget to bring players in.

We never struggle for money but as you say this will add to the budget now and that's not a bad thing

The way I read in to it is that now we are moving players out it gives us the space in both the squad and wage budget to bring players in.
I wouldn't disagree with the first point but I would with the second. Don't think that's as big a problem as some think personally. Every player we've moved on, arguably bar Gibbons, would likely struggle at L1 level. Trimming the lesser players to hopefully replace with better. Less to do with budget constraints as it is with continually improving the squad on a gradual basis

6 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Agree totally with you. 

Slight concern is by Aug 31st we will of played 6 games. 

First 2 games are against teams predicted to struggle. 

Whilst I agree every club is after a fast start in the opening 6 weeks of the season, it doesn't normally determine your season as a whole.

We had a very slow start last season but once everything settled down the team bore fruit.

We might be looking at a slower start again based on our pre season situation, but I trust that the squad will be talented enough to be where it needs to be once the season really gets going.

Let's be patient, let's show faith in a squad & staff which has already successfully delivered a promotion at the first time of asking. Let's get 15 games in & see where we are.

We've sold record numbers of season tickets. We've sold record numbers of home shirts. We've got an away kit to look forward to. We're looking at the Hamil. DC has been quoted today saying there will be several new faces. 

It's really exciting times!

UTV & maintain the faith.

Where has he said that? unbelievable really if he thinks that
It's all puffery and getting in with the fans isn't it though. I wouldn't read too much into the comments of any player joining a club, including ours. He's hardly likely to say 'yeah it's a step down, but I'm likely to play more here as your midfield is so dog dirt, so that's why I've come'

4 minutes ago, Brown Edge Normski said:

Apparently Taylor thinks his move is a step up. I would disagree on several fronts.

Just read it and i think he means a step up as in playing in league one but there was a little dig imo where he said he wanted to go somewhere he felt wanted... I await to see if he thanks the club like Martin has

Archived