onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Advert

Just going off tangent a little... perhaps one of the reasons for fan anxiety is that the club seems to have really tightened up on rumours and loose tongues.

We got next to no warning of the Ojo signing or the Hurst exit. The only reason Covolan's move was rumoured in advance was because he was spotted training with Chesterfield. 

With the club keeping quiet (a great policy in my view) there are less rumours swirling around so I think some people get anxious that no rumours equals no moves.

I don't think that's the case - I think it's simply that there's no news until the club is ready to announce it, which is the way it should be really (yes, I appreciate the irony of me saying this on a Rumours thread).

11 minutes ago, robf said:

Just going off tangent a little... perhaps one of the reasons for fan anxiety is that the club seems to have really tightened up on rumours and loose tongues.

We got next to no warning of the Ojo signing or the Hurst exit. The only reason Covolan's move was rumoured in advance was because he was spotted training with Chesterfield. 

With the club keeping quiet (a great policy in my view) there are less rumours swirling around so I think some people get anxious that no rumours equals no moves.

I don't think that's the case - I think it's simply that there's no news until the club is ready to announce it, which is the way it should be really (yes, I appreciate the irony of me saying this on a Rumours thread).

This is another example of the club operating with a high level of professionalism that with past owners. Particularly the last one who was inept in the media. 

1 hour ago, KEV.WILLIE said:

Siddal, Williams, Grew, Harrison, Arnold, and a few others all decent imo 

John Connaughton and Trevor Dance too. I remember the latter tiled my mates bathroom when his playing days were over. Not a bad job as I recall. 😁

So now is the key moment. They must decide if Stone is going to be number 1 with backup or number 2 with another keeper likely from a higher level than Stone has played coming in or bring in so called competition for the place between broadly equal keepers. I want Stone to be number 1 but I also think he needs to improve on crosses, coming out and distribution. He's actually good at those but relatively there are keepers out there who are better and he can progress. 
Id be surprised if that decision hadn't already been made, and some time ago at that

25 minutes ago, philmpv said:

I wouldn't emoji23.png

As soon as we got shot of the head it and hoof it merchants like Brisley and Legge, our football improved massively, along with results!

Fair comment but he was a massive part of our record breaking run last year, and never put a foot wrong - Id consider him as good as Martin (who I rate) in his own way

13 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

Fair comment but he was a massive part of our record breaking run last year, and never put a foot wrong - Id consider him as good as Martin (who I rate) in his own way

He was ok in league 2 never league 1 though. York is probably his level 

Archived