onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Interesting that, does that mean they see Stone as number 1 and get another young keeper in. Or stone 2 and sign a 1st choice keeper. For me I would have liked cov as number 2, new number 1 and stone on loan for a season so he plays first team football 

Advert

8 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Take this with a pinch of salt but a RUMOUR on FB of all places saying Covolan going on loan to Chesterfield,not sure how much truth in it(probably none) but i wouldn't be shocked to see him leave 

I could see that happening to be honest. I can imagine Cov will want to start rather then the bench , rightfully so not a bad keeper at all but i do feel DC will keep Stone as number one 

Or perhaps the rumour of that other keeper who got released from Huddersfield could be true 

15 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Take this with a pinch of salt but a RUMOUR on FB of all places saying Covolan going on loan to Chesterfield,not sure how much truth in it(probably none) but i wouldn't be shocked to see him leave 

Seen similar from a Chesterfield fan on Twitter. It makes sense as I can't see Clarke letting Cov back in after last season. I think we'll be bringing a new number one in with Stone as number 2 and him continuing to develop in cup games etc... 

“New look” squad reporting back is a weird way to put it.

Now the squad is together I think it looks like we have nobody waiting to announce and we’re looking at loans now or late arrivals. I think we’ll get loans in and then look to improve on the deadline if Fleetwood smash the granny out of us.

29 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Marquis has signed for Bristol Rovers,I actually think they will do quite well this season but players like him and Norwood who people have mentioned on here will always end up where the money is

Not so sure Norwood will be going there now

They’ll be right up there. Another great signing that 

What's the squad limit this year? It's all well and good saying that players might be good squad players but we don't really have that luxury when numbers are limited. Also, with the additional subs, we're going to need to be more flexible and have subs who can change games, especially with Amoo gone. We don't really have any width in midfield apart from Worrall, if we have to go with wingers.

21 minutes ago, 1 said:

“New look” squad reporting back is a weird way to put it.

Now the squad is together I think it looks like we have nobody waiting to announce and we’re looking at loans now or late arrivals. I think we’ll get loans in and then look to improve on the deadline if Fleetwood smash the granny out of us.

It is “new look”, albeit using that term is a bit generous.

Has anyone actually confirmed/denied the presence of any other new players or trialists bar Holden?

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

Marquis has signed for Bristol Rovers,I actually think they will do quite well this season but players like him and Norwood who people have mentioned on here will always end up where the money is

Not so sure Norwood will be going there now

Norwood is a proven lower league goal scorer. If he came to Port Vale he would want a high salary and long contract because it's his last pit stop. He would in my view have some disruptive effect on the squad because our front two also need to play and not sit around on the bench. That would mean something has to give. Is he better than our strikers? I don't think so. Bristol seem to be throwing money around which may work for them to some degree. But in my view if their signings work out they finish 8th to 9th having blown a lot of cash. 

I don’t get that argument. We signed two first team strikers last season that wouldn’t be happy just sitting on the bench every week and will be on a decent wage. They haven’t caused issues. Surely they’ve signed a first team striker, to play in their first team. Don’t see any issue other than they’ve got a good player. If he signed for us surely he would start with Wilson? Proctor as 3rd choice? I get the argument if you already have an influx of quality strikers but we don’t, we have two. 

Nice to see photos of our boys back in training. How good does the training kit look? Love that.

We just need to hold our nerve, stick to our club values and the right quality signings will come. Its an exciting week, I would imagine we will do everything to get all of the permanent signings in place by the end of this week ready for the training camp. Then 2 or 3 loan targets added towards the end of the window.

Notifcations switched on !!

6 hours ago, Rocky said:

I noticed on the photo of Clarke that his watch was lit up and he'd set a photo of his daughter (I'm assuming) as the background, easy to forget with all the build up to the new season how difficult things must still be for him. It really is quite remarkable what happened last season.

So right. Great post, this. 

Is Jak Alnwick number one choice at Cardiff ? 
What a great signing he was for us. Was gutted when he left. A proper marquee signing and I believe was a free bee too
He was indeed. Had no real experience when he signed for us mind

Archived