onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Advert

1 hour ago, Danish Valiant said:

I think he just signed a new 2 year contract this summer, so would demand a fee.

I think that's why he did it,so that Dorking will get a decent fee for him,he is reportedly interesting SPL teams and EFL  League One teams 

30 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Got Peterborough all over it that one - would have liked us to take that risk last season with Tshimanga 

Totally agree,Tshimanga was a player i mentioned a lot of times on here,I think Carol would like to go down the Peterborough route of signing the odd chancer in the hope of finding that Gem and also down the Exeter route of bringing through our own players both routes with a view to making the club money in the long term

31 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I think that's why he did it,so that Dorking will get a decent fee for him,he is reportedly interesting SPL teams and EFL  League One teams 

Yeah I think they quoted £200k in Jan when a few teams were sniffing around.

2 hours ago, werstayinup said:

This has been posted on FB about a player at Dorking who is attracting interest from League One clubs(has 2yrs left on contract so would cost a fee).... Alfie Rutherford a 23yr old striker who scored 32 in 37 to help them gain promotion to the National League.

We are always after players who we could eventually cash in on Garrity being one from last season, I also think if he carries on his form then Wilson always had the potential to be a money maker. I would love see us take a risk on a non league striker 

If you want an idea how he plays watch the excellent Bunch Of Amateurs on YouTube which follows Dorking throughout the season.

26 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Yeah I think they quoted £200k in Jan when a few teams were sniffing around.

I dont think they would get that, maybe around 100k with a sell on whether we can afford that who knows but my guess is IF the right player was available and DF thought he was worth it then we would have a pop at it

Big risk stepping that far down and paying 6 figures for a player, not too many make it once they step up a few divisions. 
So long as it's a properly calculated risk which we can afford then I'd have no problem with it myself. It only takes the unearthing of 1 'diamond' to make such a policy more than pay for itself

5 minutes ago, philmpv said:
23 minutes ago, philpvfc said:
Big risk stepping that far down and paying 6 figures for a player, not too many make it once they step up a few divisions. 

So long as it's a properly calculated risk which we can afford then I'd have no problem with it myself. It only takes the unearthing of 1 'diamond' to make such a policy more than pay for itself

True, but I’d much rather have signed a striker who is 25, scored 26 goals in just 1 division lower and is free so not nearly as much risk. If we sign a none league player I will have full faith it is the right thing to do.

True, but I’d much rather have signed a striker who is 25, scored 26 goals in just 1 division lower and is free so not nearly as much risk. If we sign a none league player I will have full faith it is the right thing to do.
I get what you're saying but when you factor in that a player like Telford (whom I presume is your example) will want MUCH higher wages and add ons, as well as a longer contract, then I'd say it would cost more in the long run to sign players like Telford. Plus there's absolutely no guarantee that he'd be any good for us at all.

Trying to unearth a Gem you will fail at times but as was said above if you hit on just one then you are on to a winner,Peterborough were lucky enough to do it a few times.

IF someone had taken a chance on Tshimanga who did it at Oxford City then took a step up to Boreham Wood then was smashing it at Chesterfield and still only 24 then they could of been on to a Gem of a striker( I think Chesterfield are paying a very good wage to him when League clubs were also after him and thats why he went there).

I see Notts County have had a crack at 2 strikers who were banging them in for Gateshead last season, without going into detail a good friend of mine who lets say knows a lot about players and a hell of a lot about non league players says they have got a couple of very good strikers there who could play higher especially Langstaff.

Oh well lets hope for some signings this week 🙂 

4 minutes ago, philmpv said:
23 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

I get what you're saying but when you factor in that a player like Telford (whom I presume is your example) will want MUCH higher wages and add ons, as well as a longer contract, then I'd say it would cost more in the long run to sign players like Telford. Plus there's absolutely no guarantee that he'd be any good for us at all.

Crawley as you say will be paying Telford a lot of money after one good season(a lot not all young non league strikers would expect less) and on the subject of Crawley it seems they are interested in the Colchester keeper who is rated as the best keeper at league 2 level

Signing an experience striker with a goal scoring track record in Lge 1 to compete with Wilson and Proc is a high priority for me. We saw last season that both Wilson and Proc got injured and the relatively inexperienced George Lloyd didn't really cut it (and he also got injured), Harratt and Edmundson did a good job but I think we'll need more in Lge 1. 

If we can sign an experienced striker then taking a gamble on someone showing promise in the lower leagues makes good sense.

I think we need to bring in more players of the experience of Funso Ojo and have a very low risk tolerance on signing players from non league. I can see some players higher level clubs might want in our squad if they perform at League 1 level. So from an income generation perspective it's that angle which needs to be concentrated on rather than mystery shopping. 

Archived