onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Advert

6 hours ago, Portvalepete said:

Not really as if stone got injured that would leave us with one keeper so makes sense to add in that department not get rid.

Are you saying you would want 3 senior keepers?

Sorry nothing to do with a transfer rumour but is anyone else a little concerned about the number of friendlies we have planned?

Only 2 friendlies doesn’t seem many to be raring and ready to go. Have I missed something?

9 minutes ago, MBE said:

Sorry nothing to do with a transfer rumour but is anyone else a little concerned about the number of friendlies we have planned?

Only 2 friendlies doesn’t seem many to be raring and ready to go. Have I missed something?

Think it mentions in a Sentinel article that they are hoping to play a couple of behind-closed-doors friendlies while in Spain.

I always think we play too many friendlies anyway, and inevitably pick up injuries/niggles by the start of the season.

1 hour ago, Shropshire_Valiant said:

I see Askey is branching out with that contact book again! 😁 Like us with ex Macc players!

Fair play to him in one way though if those players get on with him well.

Not bad when the players are dropping down a level, don’t work the other way as easily. Personally, I don’t think Crookes is good enough for the 5th tier.

13 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Also Robinson and Lloyd?

Same as you say about Crookes, I'd reckon that Lloyd isn't good enough even for that level (......and yet a certain few on here desperately tried to defend and justify his 2nd signing for us, despite him showing that he wasn't up to it the first time around!)

5 minutes ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Same as you say about Crookes, I'd reckon that Lloyd isn't good enough even for that level (......and yet a certain few on here desperately tried to defend and justify his 2nd signing for us, despite him showing that he wasn't up to it the first time around!)

I was shot down when I questioned the Robinson signing.

To be fair to Lloyd, he played a lot of games when Macclesfield got promoted to the football league, and was arguably Chesters best player when they were struggling in the Conference. League 2 a step too far, but he has proved himself in the 5th flight in the past. Conference North is ultra competitive with a lot of top teams. York did well to go up. Askey knows non-league and how to get the best out of players of a certain ability, playing against limited teams. Good luck to him I say. Back at his level.

Every year, round about this time, I wonder if this will be the year that we widen the pitch. It could be something that really could work in our favour and it would be difficult for opponents to adjust to and play their normal game. It seems like common sense. If we went as far as not watering it before the Swindon game, imagine the upset it would cause if we widened it? We have to make the playing aspect of visiting Vale park as uncomfortable as we possibly can for our opponents. 
I thought I heard a few years ago that Micky Adams had the pitch narrowed. If this is true and it's not been corrected then now's the time it should be. We should make other teams adapt to us not us adapt for them.

10 hours ago, Rocky said:

Sorry for taking the thread off subject slightly but all this talk of whether x,y or z can do a job in League 1, I thought I'd link a pretty informative article on the different playing styles you can expect in each football league in comparison to each other.

That's very interesting. Thanks for sharing. I thought there was an unaddressed issue. Pitches. As seen at Wembley put Port Vale on a first class pitch and boy can we pass. 

Many eons ago I went to a Stoke game v Man City. The reason for this was to watch Kazimier Deyna play. But the pitch was a builders yard and actually the whole game was a complete waste of time. 

Archived