onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

3 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

Yes of course however no good scoring 3 if conceding 4 and thats happened a lot pre Clarke.
More creative generally however we do not create as much as what we should when TC was selected our best performances pre Clarke were usually when Worrall and Gibbons were at the heart of it ,last season you couldn't say that it was a collective excellent effort look at Smith he as gone from in my opinion average to excellent ,Da rrell and Andy are masters as they have improved every player thats why I fear no one in league one just wish folk were not dissing Pett and Charsley and even Garrity who's effort every game is outstanding.
Proofs in the pudding emoji508.png promotion
UTV

I was not "dissing" anyone. But I don't think you can lay the goal-conceding comment at Conlon's door--that doesn't make sense to me.

Advert

23 hours ago, DazFred said:

I agree.

Walker,Conlon and Taylor need to get completely fit. Taylor will benefit from a pre season this time.

Pett had a hamstring injury but recovered,Charsley has pedigree as he played at U21 Ireland level and was at Everton.

Garrity had a fantastic season...he is eager to learn. You can tell he treats this as his one shot at League football. Much like Connor Hall.

You can never have enough midfielders...we had 3 out at one point last season.

The more,the merrier

Totally agree - daft to consider letting go at this stage, when we don't know how the injured will recuperate? Also, our midfielders have different skills - great for mixing it up if things need changing around! Very pleased with recruitment, so far - maybe 2 new permanent and a couple of young loans to come in?

On 28/06/2022 at 19:42, MBE said:

If you look at Pett he’s never played in L1. At his age there really isn’t much room for improvement. The other lads in midfield all have potential to grow and I expect given the chance to show what they can do.

Pett is a really good saleable asset to any L2 hoping for promotion. He’s got multiple promotions,a model pro, rarely injured and with the ability to play several roles in midfield. I think he was one of the best performing CDM in the league best on breaking up play.

I would have thought Pett would be a shoo-in for League 1? Definitely got the skillset!

3 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Totally agree - daft to consider letting go at this stage, when we don't know how the injured will recuperate? Also, our midfielders have different skills - great for mixing it up if things need changing around! Very pleased with recruitment, so far - maybe 2 new permanent and a couple of young loans to come in?

Agree with you too.

I still feel that it will be to the clubs advantage that we have a united squad of 19 plus Ojo and possibly Holden.

A lot of clubs will be having a huge turnaround of players. I'm glad it isn't us

22 hours ago, PV1973 said:

...when Garrity signed and look how that turned out listening to opposition fans on a forum. There’s always a lot of negatives when someone leaves. On paper seems like the kind of experience we need though. 

Being honest - it's while a player is still a fully-functioning member of the squad! Look at the debates there have been about Brisley / Martin / Taylor / Charsley / Hussey...if we sold any of those now, the fans of the purchasing club would be looking on here and saying "he's not very well-liked" or "he's brilliant"!!!

2 hours ago, philmpv said:
2 hours ago, valeparklife said:
Anyone talking about moving Pett on needs their head checking!

Easily one of our best players last season and vice captain!

It's the same with any player who isn't necessarily 'spectacular'. Every time we played poorly it was Pett and Garrity in the firing line to be dropped on here. Now we seem to have added Charsley to that list.

Exactly that! If we only notice these players because they're not playing well...and neither is the team it's not coincidental! Neither is it coincidental that when Vale are playing well, this kind of player is having a good game...largely unnoticed!

32 minutes ago, DazFred said:

Agree with you too.

I still feel that it will be to the clubs advantage that we have a united squad of 19 plus Ojo and possibly Holden.

A lot of clubs will be having a huge turnaround of players. I'm glad it isn't us

If we retain these midfielders, and, perhaps, even add another 1 or 2, we can rotate without worry and try to win the Papa john's (decent cash!) and, maybe have a good Cup run or two - rather than having to ""protect" players for the next League game? There is nothing at all wrong with trying to grab some extra cash! 

3 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

I agree however spitting all the team up who have just got us promoted and beat Burton Accrington etc even Rotherham away in the papas if we scored 5 that be about right would that be deemed as madness in my opinion it would fair enough the wholesale changes made season before when Askey was saying he as to tell players playing for Port Vales a privilege well the squad of 2021 /2022 made it a privilege so sorry if I've got faith in them but I have .
UTV
Pett wins a very good percentage of balls emoji122.png he is defo one I wouldn't be getting rid of but this sites about opinions i respect yours

I understand why after the way players performed fans want to keep all the players. I’m expecting next 5 weeks of evolution rather than last summer’s revolution. Only 2 maybe 3 new faces starting opening day. I thought we had a strong 11 before Ojo signing however there’s not much variation or game changers behind those starters. It’s why I think there needs to be a little refresh.

I agree with you mate on Pett I think he was class. I just see it that he’s a very good saleable asset to reinvest in other areas of squad. 

Going to be interesting few weeks.

56 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

I would have thought Pett would be a shoo-in for League 1? Definitely got the skillset!

100%. I’m thinking from business point of view. We now have 3 players for 1 position and he’s a very saleable asset.

Sorry bad English 😀

10 hours ago, robf said:

Would we possibly be interested in Elliott Lee released by Luton Town?

A decent age (27) and has a League One promotion to his name. 

He's versatile too if this press release by Charlton is anything to go by - "can play behind a striker, in a front two or on either wing"

He's played around 100 games in League One and hit 12 goals for Luton in 2019.

He had a tough time on loan at Charlton last season with just four goals in 39 games but then again Wilson/Proctor were hardly prolific before they joined us and turned their goalscoring records around.

I have no idea if his wages would be an issue, if he destined for somewhere else or even if he's the sort of player the "Matrix" would be interested in, but to my amateur eyes, he seems to be the right type of skilful, versatile, experienced forward which would add some competition upfront. And this is a rumours thread after all, so why not link a player with absolutely no evidence of any move taking place! 

I’ve contacted a friend who is a Luton Town season ticket holder. Says Lee would be a really good acquisition for a L1 club. Believes they’ve released him because they made the play offs last season and next season will be a serious promotion push for the Hatters. So a good call Robf

Archived