onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Advert

I think I’ll reserve judgement Funso when I see him play, everyone lost their heads last year when Garrity signed and look how that turned out listening to opposition fans on a forum. There’s always a lot of negatives when someone leaves. On paper seems like the kind of experience we need though. 

11 minutes ago, Trumpingtonvale said:

Re: Ben Garrity I’ve heard Adam Yates say on a couple of occasions that if Ben has a similar season this year as he did last season in terms of his rate of improvement then he wouldn’t  be a Vale player next summer. I can see why (Ian Tayloresque in terms of impact and backstory), so might be worth our cashing in before his contract expires - he may be a prime candidate for a January move as Gibbo was last season before his injury?

I want to improve 10% at my sport and I'm pretty good. But that next 10% is really difficult and will take working hard at it. I may never get there. And that is what it is like with footballers, they will find a level. I would be surprised if Garrity can go too much further. But there is one thing that could get him there. Goal scoring. He has a puncher's chance. 

I think one thing that people need to reconcile, which is hard, is that based on our record over the past 18 months, and exemplified by Gibbo leaving, the recruitment will be completely unsentimental. Fans won't like that, because they have their favourites, but if someone becomes surplus to requirements, they will be shipped out, even if they have only been here 6 months or played a major role in the past.

Clarke wants to win, wants to build a winning team. He obviously wouldn't have signed off on the contract renewals/extensions if he didn't think those players had a role to play, but I would expect 2-3 out, and 3-4 in over the coming weeks. Clarke has never been afraid to make big changes when he thought it was necessary. 

I cant see Garrity leaving this window, I don't think a club with a better financial pull would take a punt on him.... yet, January may be different if he does take last seasons form in the league above and proves himself but other than say Stockport a league below I can't see anyone paying at this stage as he is still unknown at this level of League One.

10 hours ago, PV1973 said:

I think I’ll reserve judgement Funso when I see him play, everyone lost their heads last year when Garrity signed and look how that turned out listening to opposition fans on a forum. There’s always a lot of negatives when someone leaves. On paper seems like the kind of experience we need though. 

From the Wigan lads who I work with there reaction this morning was to us signing Funso was how the f--ck have you got him-Fingers crossed

Archived