onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

7 minutes ago, rsb said:

Does the 4000 include the junior valiants last season the 5000 included them and the flexi ten tickets there is no news on the flexi ten for this season until july when early bird tickets finnish and there must be alot more like me  am i being forced to buy a full season ticket even though i know i will not be able to go all the home games because of heath reasons/working shifts/living out  the area and cannot get tonight games come on vale/ticket office you have two and half days left two let us know if there is a flexi ticket or not for next season.

Every year the same. Some parts of the club still need improving it seems.

It's one thing keeping quiet about transfers, but surely, ways and means of accessing games should be transparent, simple to understand and well publicised.

Advert

10 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Lincoln a prime example. I've been there with 2500 in attendance. They had that brilliant cup run and won the National League and suddenly were getting 9000 and taking 1500 away. 

I could be calling this wrong but i feel like the vale are becoming more fashionable. Think Dan Townley on the ale and the vale pod mentioned that we had the 11th highest growth in social media followers in the football league. I also think things like the fan zone are helping. Also the rise in quality fan created content makes it more engaging to follow the vale. For example many people talk about ale and the vale helping them feel connected. Josh with his amazing and fun videos. Paine Profitt with his paintings and comic strips. It's just a lot more fun being a vale fan with all of that going on.

In terms of how this translates to ticket sales it is really difficult to judge. Cost of living crisis is absolutely savage, and after 12 years of austerity, decline in real terms wages, inflation and energy / fuel price rises maybe standing still on ticket sales is a success. 

Regarding season ticket sales, from our little party of ten that went to Wembley, four were already ST holders but three of the others have become first time season ticket holders, one of which lives a couple of hours away as well. Between these three they went to a grand total of one home game last season yet have all committed their hard earned to the cause. We have captured the imagination of folk and hopefully there are plenty more newbies!

37 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

I could be calling this wrong but i feel like the vale are becoming more fashionable. Think Dan Townley on the ale and the vale pod mentioned that we had the 11th highest growth in social media followers in the football league. I also think things like the fan zone are helping. Also the rise in quality fan created content makes it more engaging to follow the vale. For example many people talk about ale and the vale helping them feel connected. Josh with his amazing and fun videos. Paine Profitt with his paintings and comic strips. It's just a lot more fun being a vale fan with all of that going on.

In terms of how this translates to ticket sales it is really difficult to judge. Cost of living crisis is absolutely savage, and after 12 years of austerity, decline in real terms wages, inflation and energy / fuel price rises maybe standing still on ticket sales is a success. 

The proof of the pudding is ultimately attendances but things like the Wembley appearance, winning promotion and the RW concert can’t help but raise the profile of the club and put Port Vale on the lips of people, locally if not nationally.

On topic, this is where a little bit more by way of transfer rumours, if not signings, coming out of the club would a good thing, to keep the buzz going.

1 hour ago, rsb said:

Does the 4000 include the junior valiants last season the 5000 included them and the flexi ten tickets there is no news on the flexi ten for this season until july when early bird tickets finnish and there must be alot more like me  am i being forced to buy a full season ticket even though i know i will not be able to go all the home games because of heath reasons/working shifts/living out  the area and cannot get tonight games come on vale/ticket office you have two and half days left two let us know if there is a flexi ticket or not for next season.

Rsb, like you I have commitments and it’s either the flexi or buy games on a game by game basis. I wouldn’t mind if it was a half season ticket. If I can’t then make 12 games at least the money is staying in the club.

It makes commercial sense that Vale don't announce availability of ten match tickets until early bird ST deadline is passed.

Will be surprised if this coming weekend isn't made an early bird extension particularly as it's a kit sales launch.

Assuming a ten match ticket is made available I would be surprised if it includes a reserved seat this time.

The predicament that the 10 match ticket brings is the affect on crowd capacity for big games as an assumption has to be made that all 10 match ticket holders will turn up.

Those that don't attend the game create an unsold seat that can't be sold to anyone else.

11 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

I'm trying to be patient (and that's very difficult for me), I'm trying to think that there is a plan in progress but I'm getting myself right twitchy bummed

I honestly think that Clarke is going to stick by the sqaud of last season with a couple of loans. I think its a massive risk IF that is the case. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/league-one/transfers/wettbewerb/GB3/plus/?saison_id=2022&s_w=&leihe=1&intern=0&intern=1

Have a look through the L1 signings this summer - it's surprisingly sparse. There are a number of clubs that haven't made any significant signings yet (apart from U23 players).

Go through the 'ins' and tell me who we could have realistically signed?

Some great business from Sheff Wed with Smith and Ihiekwe, but we'd have stood no chance pulling them.

I like Vela and Wiredu at Fleetwood, but we're quite stocked in midfield.

I rate Tucker at MK Dons but he's been bought for a fee from Gillingham. 

Kyprianou and Thompson are good players signed by Peterborough, but again, we're stocked for midfielders.

Miller at Plymouth is an exciting winger, but he doesn't suit our system.

It's not like everyone is making signings where we could say "why weren't we in for him?".

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Lincoln a prime example. I've been there with 2500 in attendance. They had that brilliant cup run and won the National League and suddenly were getting 9000 and taking 1500 away. 

Lincoln is a great example and one I looked at with Envy as they enjoyed their good times with huge crowds whilst we wallowed into the Smurf era.

They used to have 3-4000 rattling around, went down had a cup run and somehow kept most of the preverbal "day trippers" hopefully we can repeat that.

Why would anyone wait to see who we’ve signed before getting a season ticket? Im prepared to go to every home game if we sign X, but I’m not going to bother at all if we sign Y. I doubt anyone is doing that.

Yes I agree, you are either getting one or you arnt. Simple as - only x factor is before or after early bird offer. Plus if anything like last year, we will never have heard of most of our new signings anyway 🤣🤣🤣

27 minutes ago, 1 said:

Why would anyone wait to see who we’ve signed before getting a season ticket? Im prepared to go to every home game if we sign X, but I’m not going to bother at all if we sign Y. I doubt anyone is doing that.

Archived