onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

3 hours ago, MBE said:

For all this talk of where are our signings I'd like to ask which player (realistic) has been signed for a League 1 club where  you think we missed out on that, or you thought damn would have liked him or I hope we were in the mix for him?

I'm struggling to find many.

Patience.We have a strong platform to start with this year so no need to rush and panic when we already have a decent starting 11.

Not understanding of why people are twitchy, people need to show a bit of patience.

The only couple i can think of is Wildig who went Newport and Watt who has gone Salford for the coin ( obviously both gone League 2 not 1 ) . I'm already quoted as saying was on the fence about Telford, so i'm not bothered we didn't get him.

Signings will come and your post is bob on. 

Advert

29 minutes ago, DazFred said:

Horsfall has left Northampton to join Stockport on a free. Money talks...

Crazy how much money they must be spending.I imagine they are paying more in wages than half of L1 clubs!

1 minute ago, MBE said:

Crazy how much money they must be spending.I imagine they are paying more in wages than half of L1 clubs!

I've no idea how some of these clubs pass the finance rules set by the FA. Derby have had 2 takeover bids fail and still allowed to continue. Macc and Bury were just booted out of the league. There's no consistency. Salford get sub 2000 gates yet pay out a fortune in wages. At least we have owners who work within the budget and care about the fans and players.

8 minutes ago, DazFred said:

I've no idea how some of these clubs pass the finance rules set by the FA. Derby have had 2 takeover bids fail and still allowed to continue. Macc and Bury were just booted out of the league. There's no consistency. Salford get sub 2000 gates yet pay out a fortune in wages. At least we have owners who work within the budget and care about the fans and players.

Give me a sustainable football club any day over one bank rolled by an owner. It’s always going to end in tears one way or another.

Natural anxiety aside, does anyone really think that there isn't a plan, A, B,C...

That's what these folk do for a living. Of course we'll get players, and decent ones too.

The cricket has been entertaining, Wimbledon's on, the sun is shining.

Enjoy 🌞🌞🌞

1 hour ago, DazFred said:

Because in leagues one and two there is no limit on how much an owner can put in as long as it is hard cash and not a loan.

56 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

3,500 I believe.

That was before the weekend. I know plenty (including myself) who get theirs this weekend. I'm sure a fair few will be waiting for pay day, after an expensive month watching Vale in May. I'd expect a little bit of a marketing push by the club on season tickets tbh. Maybe extend the deadline a few days to include the kit launch event on Saturday.

Back to signings, I've heard Covolan was about 6th target on the goalkeeping wish list, so not only is there a plan A, B and C, there's D E and F. With the numbers we have under contract there was never going to be a flurry of early activity this season. 3 or 4 quality signings is all we need, squad size wise. Hands seem to be tied on keepers so another midfielder, striker, centre back and wingback is all we need.

Archived