onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Nothing against Holden but that knee injury first occurred in December 2020 and he still seems to be struggling with it.

You would have to think that such an injury is possibly career ending in the same way that serious knee injuries did for Enoch Andoh and Remie Streete. 

Can only imagine a heavily incentive based contract if the lad is able to pass a medical.

Advert

21 minutes ago, saintvaliant said:

Nothing against Holden but that knee injury first occurred in December 2020 and he still seems to be struggling with it.

You would have to think that such an injury is possibly career ending in the same way that serious knee injuries did for Enoch Andoh and Remie Streete. 

Can only imagine a heavily incentive based contract if the lad is able to pass a medical.

I think it's a bit of a no brainer myself. Having someone in for training is no guarantee of a contract. Vale are under no commitment if he isn't going to make it. 

Worst case - he doesn't prove his fitness then all DC has done is help out one of his former players with some rehab. 

I personally don't think this has any implication or that Holden is on the shortlist of targets for the summer. I think it's separate from the main summer targets and is basically just the same as having Jake Taylor, Tom Solanke and Luke Griffiths training with us in previous summers. You have some available players in and take a look if there is anything of interest. In the case of the last three - one (Taylor) impressed and got a loan (and ultimately a perm move), the others didn't do enough and were released without any impact for the Vale. Holden will end up in one of those two categories. 

Why the nerves? Players still contracted to other clubs until end of the month.

We only need two or three top of the squad signings anyway.

Stoke under Pullis left their main signings till 5 minutes before the Summer transfer window closed.

They didn't do bad either. Peter Crouch, for one, was a deadline signing.

Totally agree , we need some signings this week , or it will start to look a bit desperate
Codswallop. We don't have to sign free agent chancers and jokers now. The higher quality players will obviously have more offers to consider and take more time than the journeymen we've signed on freebies over the past few years. Plus if we're looking more at loans from PL academies, the same applies, particularly if they've just had a good season elsewhere.

The only ones looking desperate are the fans presently!

I don't think Pett was signed until the end of June last year and I'm pretty sure some others came after that. I think people are twitchy because we signed so many last season, whereas this season we are looking at 3 or 4 quality signings to improve the team further, which are usually the players that can afford to wait until the last possible moment to decide where they're going. Additionally, if we're looking at loans from the Premier league, they will probably need time to assess their own needs before allowing players out. If we haven't signed any more in the next couple of weeks then it's time to get concerned but until then we just have to trust the management who have a pretty excellent track record so far.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

Archived