onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

2 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

Be and outstanding signing that but surely he would want too much / sign higher? 

Norwood is not for me. He scored 82 in 165 for Tranmere. He looks a bit bulky, but is quicker than seems likely for that fact. Ipswich took a chance on him and he has not been regular. But does have 26 in 77. Now aged 32, so the question is, given I said he is bulky, has he looked after himself or will he inherently age quickly because he is bulky. In my opinion we have two established front men and need to backfill with players of potential. Not a player in his last 2-3 years. There is a question of temperament but I have no objective evidence except rumour from living on the Wirral and pub talk with Tranmere supporting friends. Clue - Tranmere were desperate for a striker in 2021/22 but didn't try to get him back. 

By the way, I think Bristol are making mistakes in their signings in general. He would be another. 

Advert

2 hours ago, philmpv said:
2 hours ago, Guppys left peg said:
According to this looks like Bristol Rovers are the favourite for him. The page is followed by Pete O’Rourke among others so would give it a little more credibility than some of the rumours pages. With Norwood isn’t he meant to be a bit of a problem behind the scenes which was why Ipswich moved on from him?

How much money do BR have? Is it sustainable? Genuine question as I have no idea

Their owner is worth a lot of money according the internet.481BC146-565F-4836-ABE8-B3BAF3E08F0B.thumb.png.118197ee98ccef7f5103cbf799b12d1d.png

9 minutes ago, Ron Futchers combover said:

Their owner is worth a lot of money according the internet.481BC146-565F-4836-ABE8-B3BAF3E08F0B.thumb.png.118197ee98ccef7f5103cbf799b12d1d.png

This looks like Bury to me. And then there is Wigan. Buy club, immediately put it in administration, walk away writing off £40 million. Points deductions, relegated, just promoted back to Championship. Wealthy owners need to stay interested and have more invested than just money - call it emotion. Financial fair play rules stop them just powering through League 1 with a cash blast. 

13 hours ago, DazFred said:

Plz don't 

I've been hammered by certain individuals but at the end of the day,we are all entitled to opinions.

I love reading people's posts and despite all of what we say,we can't all agree,but we are all still Vale fans and always will be....

What DazFred said Walka003 - keep coming back for more cut and thrust, it is always good to hear another point of view and be pushed out of our comfort zone.  Take a break, but come and give it some wellie when we kick off again (in every sense!).  This forum thrives on people piling in to say what they think - let's keep it that way.

Looks like Norwood joining Bristol Rovers. Don’t really think he’s a player who would have been one of our targets. Doesn’t appear to fit profile of players we would be looking for.

Rovers in a different place than us with financial muscle and prepared to compete on wages with what I would call the 2nd tier of L1. Clubs like Oxford, Portsmouth, Chatlton etc.

Rovers could be dark horses if they can keep players fit.

EDIT: Apologies I didn’t see a previous post with the same rumour.

5 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

He would be a decent addition I reckon… bit of flexibility playing either midfield or up front as Oldham did a bit.

The way he acted at VP may be a bit of a downside… but as the Pod pointed out this week, watch the Mansfield highlights from earlier last season and Charsley runs infront of the vale fans pointing and antagonising the crowd. 😂

Everyone hates a baddie until they are your baddie!

Personally I love it when we have a player in our team who oppo fans hate. It can take pressure away from the other lads to play their game and also bring the best out of the player.

Agree I think he would be a nice addition. Something a bit different who can be an X factor who can commit players.

7 minutes ago, MBE said:

Personally I love it when we have a player in our team who oppo fans hate. It can take pressure away from the other lads to play their game and also bring the best out of the player.

Agree I think he would be a nice addition. Something a bit different who can be an X factor who can commit players.

Actually most of these are hated because they are good and not because they have personal downsides. 

1 hour ago, Ron Futchers combover said:

Blimey - are Barnsley the richest club in L1? Seems to have eluded most of the chat on here regards the ‘big clubs’ and their potential to buy promotion like Sheff Wed seem to be doing.  How does potential investment from their owners and the likes of Ipswich, Portsmouth etc stack up against the Tykes?

18 minutes ago, Trumpingtonvale said:

Blimey - are Barnsley the richest club in L1? Seems to have eluded most of the chat on here regards the ‘big clubs’ and their potential to buy promotion like Sheff Wed seem to be doing.  How does potential investment from their owners and the likes of Ipswich, Portsmouth etc stack up against the Tykes?

Sheff Wed are inherently a bigger club than Barnsley. Barnsley were bought with the aim of getting into the Premier League. But given the mass overspending in the Championship by everyone then in fact they have gone the other way. Sheff Wed are going to be inherently strong because of their support base in League 1. Ipswich Small Town Big Support also. Portsmouth have residual support from being at the top a few years and post good numbers. Bolton can reach double figures but more fickle support - they need a gross overspend to retain support and soon dwindled when the consequences came. My heroes in League 1 are Accrington and Wycombe. 

23 minutes ago, Warren said:

Sheff Wed are inherently a bigger club than Barnsley. Barnsley were bought with the aim of getting into the Premier League. But given the mass overspending in the Championship by everyone then in fact they have gone the other way. Sheff Wed are going to be inherently strong because of their support base in League 1. Ipswich Small Town Big Support also. Portsmouth have residual support from being at the top a few years and post good numbers. Bolton can reach double figures but more fickle support - they need a gross overspend to retain support and soon dwindled when the consequences came. My heroes in League 1 are Accrington and Wycombe. 

And us I hope 😌

I think talk of Norwood or Marquis are pie in the sky imo,they will never be coming here even if we did have an interest in them(which we haven't) but i do trust us to bring in the right strikers.

I still expect 3 forwards to come in

As others have said and i said at the end of last season i wouldn't mind Keillor-Dunne but i guess like other good players he has plenty of options and will probably wait as long as he can before he chooses

7 hours ago, Warren said:

I thought Oldham had a good attack last season but a catastrophic defence. So there are assets to be stripped so to speak. Gutted Oldham went out of the league. 

In 2016 I worked with an Oldham supporter. He was married to a Bury supporter. What a bad time they have had!

No team scored more league goals against us than Oldham, and we were rock solid but for a few wobbles.

I think talk of Norwood or Marquis are pie in the sky imo,they will never be coming here even if we did have an interest in them(which we haven't) but i do trust us to bring in the right strikers.
I still expect 3 forwards to come in
As others have said and i said at the end of last season i wouldn't mind Keillor-Dunne but i guess like other good players he has plenty of options and will probably wait as long as he can before he chooses
I think we actually got a chance with Marquis.

Archived