onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Another thing that Dan puts across brilliantly in the Ale & The Vale podcast is the negative impact of fans moaning at players or the club after bad results… or if a player decision isn’t what they wanted (cough cough)

Its been said on here a million times and yet some people still lose their heads on Twitter, on here and especially on Facebook.

Players and the club both want and thrive on positivity. Being positive helps their performance and benefits the team you support.

So… UTV and KTF

Advert

Is it worth the time and energy having to explain that you don't have to agree with every decision that the club makes ever? And that this is a forum? You know, a place of debate? To discuss things happening at the club?

Just incase you missed my original post...

Wouldn't say the different opinions are boring, I've enjoyed reading all the 2700+
post.

It's interesting because there are two camps on here, one that makes an assessment of developments, sits back and thinks I don't know the full facts, but DC & DF seem to be doing OK?....so I'll trust their judgement.

And then the other side who seem to know better than the management team, panic and post negative comments based on little or no information.

I don't know if we're in for Holden, I've only seen him play a couple of times so I can't comment on him as a player. But if Port Vale decide to sign him then I'm relatively confident they will be aware he has been injured recently.

If DC & DF decide to go through with the deal, that's good enough for me.

TTP

Another thing that Dan puts across brilliantly in the Ale & The Vale podcast is the negative impact of fans moaning at players or the club after bad results… or if a player decision isn’t what they wanted (cough cough)
Its been said on here a million times and yet some people still lose their heads on Twitter, on here and especially on Facebook.
Players and the club both want and thrive on positivity. Being positive helps their performance and benefits the team you support.
So… UTV and KTF
It really isn't rocket science.
Have to say several poster on here immediately spring to mind.
I won't publicly name you, everyone already know who you are.......

I used to really enjoy having a good cut and thrust on here. Unfortunately you can't do that anymore without being accused of "knowing better than the manager" and "not trusting DF/DC".

Think I'm gonna take a break from ovf, have a good summer all, maybe speak again soon.

5 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

So… UTV and KTF

I picked up on Dans comments as well and it it makes you realise that you wouldn't walk up to a player on a Sunday morning and tell him he's Sh2t and yet it's acceptable to put the sentiment onto social media so he and his family can read it

3 hours ago, saintvaliant said:

Squad at the mo:

Gk: Stone, Covolan

LWB: Benning, Hussey

CB: Smith, Hall, Cass, Martin, Jones

RWB: Worrall, Robinson

CMs: Pett, Garrity, Taylor, Walker, Conlon, Charsley

ST: Proctor, Wilson

17 players

Needs

ST x 2 - suspect one of those will be a young loanee. Wouldn’t be surprised to see us bide our time and go for a real quality option to compete with Wilson and Proctor.

RWB x 1

CB x 1

Would also be good to bring in 1 or 2 who can play wide midfield. Again a loanee may fit in here. That would give some tactical options.

We might be a little quieter than other sides because we’ve got the core of the side already in place. Quality additions at CB, RWB and ST would set us up nicely.

What’s an ST : season ticket ? 

3 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

Indeed, in fact that could be a great topic, Favourite players you’d love to thaw out. 🥶

On a more serious note, I often worry about the use of these cryo chambers in sports therapy.  How the hell do you get out of them?  I can’t help but think back to the time I got my tongue stuck on that ice lolly.

Ice lolly is a solid not a gas 

8 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

I used to really enjoy having a good cut and thrust on here. Unfortunately you can't do that anymore without being accused of "knowing better than the manager" and "not trusting DF/DC".

Think I'm gonna take a break from ovf, have a good summer all, maybe speak again soon.

Plz don't 

I've been hammered by certain individuals but at the end of the day,we are all entitled to opinions.

I love reading people's posts and despite all of what we say,we can't all agree,but we are all still Vale fans and always will be....

17 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Had the same last season and I had a few months away from ovf because of it. 

53 minutes ago, Bob Newtonian said:

Ice lolly is a solid not a gas 

Yes, apparently the dry ice lolly never took off, despite the big selling point that your tongue would never stick.  They weren’t good value, not much was left once you opened the wrapper.

1 hour ago, Budgie_2260 said:

It really isn't rocket science.
Have to say several poster on here immediately spring to mind.
I won't publicly name you, everyone already know who you are....... emoji112.png

Not aimed at you at all budgie but the pile ons I've seen towards individual posters over the last few years have disgusted me and honestly that's why I don't really post so much in the vale forum now. There have been some truly nasty and vicious comments made based purely on whether or not they agree with a majority opinion or not. 

I suspect most of those people will also know who they are and they should really consider extending their concern for the Port Vale players to their fellow PVFC fans/OVF posters.

6 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

Had the same last season and I had a few months away from ovf because of it. 

I remember your resignation, and its good to have you back 👍👍👍👍👍

Its funny because its really only been the Gibbo situation that has caused such uproar, and most are saying shame but good luck.

Wait until we sign a player someone doesn't like 🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🤣🤣🤣 - BOOM 💣💣💣

Archived