onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Advert

37 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Would like George Hirst 6ft 3 striker at Leicester back from a seasons loan at Pompey, but likely out of our budget if not selected for the Foxes squad.

He did really well there so i would guess they would want him back or Leicester will want to try him at Championship level.

Makes me feel old when i realised he is the son of David Hirst

34 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Looks like Bale has fount some cracking golf courses in LA as he signs for LAFC.

Shame really he would been a good back up for Worrall 

I saw the headline on Sky Sports News that he had signed for LAFC, and was then racking my brain for a minute or so trying to work out what the LA stood for in the English leagues - something Athletic?! - then it dawned that he has decided to do a Beckham and Gerrard and end his career in America!

49 minutes ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

I saw the headline on Sky Sports News that he had signed for LAFC, and was then racking my brain for a minute or so trying to work out what the LA stood for in the English leagues - something Athletic?! - then it dawned that he has decided to do a Beckham and Gerrard and end his career in America!

Gordon Banks won his only league title in the US playing for Fort Lauderdale. Post eye injury. 

Been interesting to read this thread.

When it comes to modern day contracts didn't Garlick say that a players contract now is a very comprehensive document that takes in a multitude of aspects and issues?

The days of a set wage contract written on the back of a fag packet are long gone 

Gibbons or any other players potential earnings will be hugely variable.on a multitude of things including appearances, fitness, availability, etc etc.

Wasn't Gsrlick voted EFL Chief Exec of the year? So I would put my faith in him DC and DF before believing any mates of mates of the player.

12 hours ago, Walka003 said:
13 hours ago, Portvale4 said:
One or two people saying we are going for Rory Holden from Smallsall. Injured for all of last season but played under DC, so he must highly rate the lad. 

If we binned gibbo for being injury prone this would be a bizzare signing.

We didn't "bin" Gibbo - we apparently made him an offer commensurate to his last couple of injury-hit seasons, with an upgrade on reaching a certain number of games? It's likely that Holden would be offered something similar? He certainly wouldn't be offered £5k / wk based on his recent injury record!  I think you might be Rancid Debra - using inflammatory but baseless phrases?

1 hour ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Must be going for the money...must be down to his last 70 million 😉😄

We didn't "bin" Gibbo - we apparently made him an offer commensurate to his last couple of injury-hit seasons, with an upgrade on reaching a certain number of games? It's likely that Holden would be offered something similar? He certainly wouldn't be offered £5k / wk based on his recent injury record!  I think you might be Rancid Debra - using inflammatory but baseless phrases?
Yawn

11 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

Yes… that’s the point 🙄

We didn’t “not have Gibbo” on injury grounds! We offered him a deal… we didn’t get rid of him. We didn’t bin him. We factored in his injury and offered him what we thought was fair value.

Thats what we would do with Holden.

As a process I think that’s fair.

Im not saying it will be a good signing or a bad one… but I’m saying that a system where we offer people a fair wage based on what we think they can bring sounds good to me.

I genuinely trust the decision makers at the club to get these value calls right. I get everyone is allowed an opinion but they have proven success at doing this. 

The vacuum of no announcements is getting everyone on edge. 

If we offer Holden £2,000 a week flat wages I would be fuming and it would be an awful awful decision.

Will we do that? No.

Do you ever wonder whether it's worth the time and energy? Having to explain the same scenario time and again is like pulling bloody teeth...without a hen!

Do you ever wonder whether it's worth the time and energy? Having to explain the same scenario time and again is like pulling bloody teeth...without a hen!
Is it worth the time and energy having to explain that you don't have to agree with every decision that the club makes ever? And that this is a forum? You know, a place of debate? To discuss things happening at the club?

11 hours ago, PV1973 said:

True, but it’s ok to not agree with every decision and just “trust the process” (fkn hate that phrase - popeys fault that). Even if that decision to sign an injured player is just a rumour and hasn’t happened yet 😀

It’s actually true what he said, watch the footage back and you clearly see Stone apologise to the team saying it was him. He shouted for it, that’s why the ball got left. You’re actually clutching at straws really, losing a man at a corner for a goal in one game and there’s actually nowt else other than that to say why he was a rubbish defender. Yet again another case of a player leaves and so he must have been rubbish in some way. We need a group hug. 

Having played a little as a GK, and more as a defender my instinct would have been to hoof it clear in case Stone didn't get to it quicker than their man - who was closer! He maybe apologised out of respect for a senior player who was...at times...a bit gobby! Errors on both sides!

4 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Having played a little as a GK, and more as a defender my instinct would have been to hoof it clear in case Stone didn't get to it quicker than their man - who was closer! He maybe apologised out of respect for a senior player who was...at times...a bit gobby! Errors on both sides!

Id go for the Shaun Brisley method of deployment - Row Z - thank you and goodnight.

I still think Shaun could have done a job for us - steady, no nonsense - NICE 😁 wiki says he only played 3 times last season for the Ryan Reynolds passion project

Archived