onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Advert

40 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Again… Holden won’t be our only signing, he wouldn’t be on big money at all.

Relax… trust the process. They have proven to be rather good at it 👍

More signings will come… there will be some quality ones.

KTF

UTV

True, but it’s ok to not agree with every decision and just “trust the process” (fkn hate that phrase - popeys fault that). Even if that decision to sign an injured player is just a rumour and hasn’t happened yet 😀

26 minutes ago, soothsayer said:

You are joking? 🤔

The ball bounces less than a foot from where Gibbons was standing like a statue and was in the air for an age. The defender has to take charge in those situations. 
it was also really poor by him to let McKirdy run off him and score Swindon’s first goal in the semi. 
Gibbo was terrific going forward but his defending at times was average.

It’s actually true what he said, watch the footage back and you clearly see Stone apologise to the team saying it was him. He shouted for it, that’s why the ball got left. You’re actually clutching at straws really, losing a man at a corner for a goal in one game and there’s actually nowt else other than that to say why he was a rubbish defender. Yet again another case of a player leaves and so he must have been rubbish in some way. We need a group hug. 

3 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Cheer up grumpy… You don’t half take things too seriously! 

Lack of signings has everyone on edge!

Couple of strikers through the door and everyone will relax again.

Andy Dallas from Solihull would interest me… 22 years old and scored 20 in 45 for them. Room for improvement at that age and huge sell on potential. 

KTF 

UTV

Dallas is a striker Walsall fans want along with every other one going

Is he out of contract?

2 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

Having nipped onto the Walsall forum to see if Holden is mentioned which he is not, I see they were also hoping to get Telford and probably forums from Bradford to Orient were saying the same.

As i said they think they are mega loaded now(their signings so far dont really show that) and were saying they are going walk the league once their takeover was announced,they name Norwood,Marquis,Telford etc as all strikers they want in.

5 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Cheer up grumpy… You don’t half take things too seriously! 

Lack of signings has everyone on edge!

Couple of strikers through the door and everyone will relax again.

Andy Dallas from Solihull would interest me… 22 years old and scored 20 in 45 for them. Room for improvement at that age and huge sell on potential. 

KTF 

UTV

Impressive player but would probably cost a bit. Solihull seem quite well to do as they not long ago managed to extend Sbarra’s contract also despite interest rumoured from elsewhere.

With Holden I seem to remember when we played them at the Bescot prior to going into lockdown he was probably the best player on the pitch. Nothing wrong with having a look either on a trial or appearance based deal. 

11 minutes ago, tisdeano said:

Our greatest manager in living memory didn’t get every transfer right , far from it

I tended to trust his decisions far more than Ernie in the Swan Pub on match day though

Ernie out!

Our greatest manager in living memory didn’t get every transfer right , far from it

I tended to trust his decisions far more than Ernie in the Swan Pub on match day though
Unless an opinion is positive, your shot to bits on here. Gets very very boring at times.

Gibbo the injury prone crock, so glad he's gone!

10 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

Impressive player but would probably cost a bit. Solihull seem quite well to do as they not long ago managed to extend Sbarra’s contract also despite interest rumoured from elsewhere.

Good point that… Solihull do seem to have a fair bit of cash.

Unless an opinion is positive, your shot to bits on here. Gets very very boring at times.

Gibbo the injury prone crock, so glad we got rid of him!

Yet I’ve clearly said numerous times on here I wanted Gibbo to stay , I would have kept him

The problem is I’m Ernie not DC of DF

Gibbo the injury prone crock, so glad he's gone!

Wouldn't say the different opinions are boring, I've enjoyed reading all the 2700+
post.

It's interesting because there are two camps on here, one that makes an assessment of developments, sits back and thinks I don't know the full facts, but DC & DF seem to be doing OK?....so I'll trust their judgement.

And then the other side who seem to know better than the management team, panic and post negative comments based on little or no information.

I don't know if we're in for Holden, I've only seen him play a couple of times so I can't comment on him as a player. But if Port Vale decide to sign him then I'm relatively confident they will be aware he has been injured recently.

If DC & DF decide to go through with the deal, that's good enough for me.

TTP

Have we run out of funds? what on earth is going on? Starting to worry now with no real signings of note. So can we not compete with teams like crawley now? How TF are we not competing with crawley? I wish id held off on my season ticket now
16E7D941-5098-4BEA-BC67-6062CA8461ED.thumb.png.60297f2e8b95f0bc404c4f90fed387f9.png

🤦🏻‍♂️

It’s simple really, Holden and Gibbons are both really good players, both with bad injury records... any contract offer to either of them should factor this in. If the players choose to reject it then that’s that.

Gibbons may go on to have an injury free career and play in the championship, Holden May retire - no one knows. It could also go the other way. Both worth a gamble at the right price though! I trust that our board have got the value right. 

Of course I’ll miss Gibbo, he was brilliant and bled for the shirt, but would equally welcome Holden if we are in for him. 

Archived