onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Advert

Just now, werstayinup said:

Maybe not next week,lets not forget that Cass was announced last Saturday 🙂 

Given that many contracts expire on 30th June, we're getting close to where the action will happen. Will be very surprised if we are sitting here this time next week without a signing.

13 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I have said all along that I didn't get the obsession with Telford signing,so many were convinced going off what one person said about seeing him at Wembley. We never been interested in him at all,at least now we know it will be 2 or 3 different strikers coming in 

Great point… isn’t it funny how there isn’t a single photo of Telford in a Vale shirt at Wembley! 

Rumour mill overload.

3 minutes ago, DoiDoiDoi said:

Given that many contracts expire on 30th June, we're getting close to where the action will happen. Will be very surprised if we are sitting here this time next week without a signing.

I reckon a couple will be announced before we get to next weekend

3 minutes ago, DoiDoiDoi said:

By roughly this point last summer we'd "only" signed relatively unknown Ben Garrity. By July 1st, when contracts expired,  we had ten new faces 😉

2 hours ago, Idreamvalepvfc said:

Have we run out of funds? what on earth is going on? Starting to worry now with no real signings of note. So can we not compete with teams like crawley now? How TF are we not competing with crawley? I wish id held off on my season ticket now

16E7D941-5098-4BEA-BC67-6062CA8461ED.png

At last someone speaking the truth and not sucking up-to this process <ovf censored>. I cant believe my 2 season tickets haven’t generated enough money for signings.Has Carol just pocketed my money for a piss up? 

Edit. Now I’ve seen Carol’s twitter post this piss up is at Glastonbury!!

Some Vale fans seem to be talking nonsense about us being “much weaker” than last season.

We’ve lost two young loanees who were always going to go. Gibbo is a blow but played less than 50% of league games over 5 years. Amoo was always going to be cut adrift and we managed to get a fee for Hurst who was never in a million years going to cut it in L1. Hardly the devasting destruction of a side.

We’ve signed Cass who looks like one with massive potential based on his loan last year. TC is on his way back to full fitness having missed 4 months of the season. We’ve held onto Proctor who was massive for us last year and Benning who had a very good last third of the season and was sensational at Wembley.

We basically need a right wing back, another forward, a centre half and maybe a keeper to have a decent enough squad to compete.

Let’s not fool ourselves. There’s some bloody big sides in L1 and it will be tough. But we are miles better placed going into this season than we were in our last attempt at this level.

Chill out and enjoy the ride.

1 hour ago, Rocky said:

I know I shouldn’t and that everyone is entitled to an opinion but this sort of post/view really frustrates and annoys me. It’s the problem with the social media age, getting carried away with rumours. He was a Port Vale player already in some peoples eyes and then questioning where we stand financially against other clubs. 

It’s no secret that we don’t have thousands of pounds to pay every week to a player. What we have is organisation and a roadmap. The roadmap doesn’t include taking huge risks on a player that has had one good season. I’m actually thankful we haven’t signed Telford, it screamed single digit return. 

If you’re going to drop in that you’re regretting buying your season ticket then I’ll mention that if that’s how little you think of the club then it wouldn’t bother me if you didn’t buy the season ticket. We’ve just got promoted out of a dog 💩 league after the first try with a big squad rebuild. If the owners, DoF and management haven’t earnt your trust after the season we’ve just had then go and support Man City or Crawley because we don’t need you. 

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

1 minute ago, robf said:

By roughly this point last summer we'd "only" signed relatively unknown Ben Garrity. By July 1st, when contracts expired,  we had ten new faces 😉

Just looking at the transfer announcements on the BBC from last year and by the 24th June we already had Covolan, Jones, Martin, Wilson, Garrity and Walker signed up (Stone, Pett and Benning joined in the last few days of June), so it was a lot more active... Although admittedly, the squad needed more work last year.

22 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

I'd have been raging with Gibbo had I been Stone - their player was closer than Stone was so the obvious thing was to clear it quickly. Having said that, he should have vocalised that...but he's only 22. If you can't learn from a mistake like that...at Wembley...in front of TV cameras, you're never going to learn!

Fair play to Stone, who actually apologised at the time if you watch the footage.  Without watching it again I agree with you that both were in the wrong to some degree, communication broke down, Gibbo should deal with the cross initially but Stone should then read the situation, react a bit quicker and take charge.  As you say, we can’t be too harsh though as it boiled down to a misunderstanding between a young keeper, who needs to learn to dominate the box a bit more, and a fullback just converted to centreback.

11 minutes ago, WilliamBriscoe said:

I just wish we would start signing new players. Happy with a couple of loans but wouldn’t want any more than that.

I was watching Paul Simpson earlier talking about Ryan Edmonson and a couple of other signings.  Quite clear from what he said that many deals are already done but not announced, just waiting for the right time.  We can draw our own conclusions from that.

16 minutes ago, DoiDoiDoi said:

Just looking at the transfer announcements on the BBC from last year and by the 24th June we already had Covolan, Jones, Martin, Wilson, Garrity and Walker signed up (Stone, Pett and Benning joined in the last few days of June), so it was a lot more active... Although admittedly, the squad needed more work last year.

But we had released 15 players last year. 

A few factors will make it impossible to compare to what happened last summer. 

Clarke knew who he was going to let go weeks before the season finished last year and he knew he was preparing for League 2. This year our season ended a lot later than normal and as much as you can have two plans, one for League 2 and another for League 1, making moves, and actually negotiating with agents takes time. I have full faith that we will be in a strong place come the start of the season. 

I’m not sure how far off we are from a signing though as I thought if we were close they would have announced one to soften the blow of Gibbo leaving to soothe the panickers. 

Regardless, it will come and when it does we will judge them 😂

Archived