onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

1 hour ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Fair enough. I thought the post was aimed at me which I found strange as I've never moaned about the current owners/management in place 

Every pre season is the same though. Fans get restless because of either A) lack of signings or long waited B) seeing a rumour online and then being gutted it hasn't come through despite there no official source or C) signings players they've never heard of or don't have the best of records. 

I guarantee all that anxiety and negative moaning will be gone come Fleetwood. 

Social media plays a massive part in football nowadays to the point where I think its maybe heavily too relied on. Just have to go on that cesspit twitter to see so much negative stuff. From all fans of clubs 

Sorry, dude - I rarely make these things personal...although I have almost come out with "You are Rancid Debra and i claim my £20!!!" on more than one occasion.

Advert

This Dom Telford news is really bizarre... I know money's the key here but it's not like he's at the end of his career needing a last payout. Does he really think Crawley are on the up? That's a real risk - especially as it will be really competitive (as others have mentioned) and as we have seen (Salford) money can't buy you promotion. Playing Walsall rather than Wednesday or Colchester rather than Charlton... Wow. I also held out a glimmer of hope that we would be in for him as I think that a Wilson/Telford partnership could have been great, but no tears shed, we move on.

1 hour ago, valeparklife said:

Agree. We got promoted with Doug Loft who was a similar type of player - high energy, technically not the best but still effective and Lofty was decent for us.

Midfield is all about balance and you need a Charsley or a Garrity in there to compliment the others. 

Agreed - there is a good chance we will play 5 in MF...no point them all being the same kind of player! Plus, we have 5 subs this season, so it's conceivable all our MF could be used in the same game?

55 minutes ago, Rocky said:

I know I shouldn’t and that everyone is entitled to an opinion but this sort of post/view really frustrates and annoys me. It’s the problem with the social media age, getting carried away with rumours. He was a Port Vale player already in some peoples eyes and then questioning where we stand financially against other clubs. 

It’s no secret that we don’t have thousands of pounds to pay every week to a player. What we have is organisation and a roadmap. The roadmap doesn’t include taking huge risks on a player that has had one good season. I’m actually thankful we haven’t signed Telford, it screamed single digit return. 

If you’re going to drop in that you’re regretting buying your season ticket then I’ll mention that if that’s how little you think of the club then it wouldn’t bother me if you didn’t buy the season ticket. We’ve just got promoted out of a dog 💩 league after the first try with a big squad rebuild. If the owners, DoF and management haven’t earnt your trust after the season we’ve just had then go and support Man City or Crawley because we don’t need you. 

Harsh...but fair! It's New Fan Syndrome...expect everything to happen NOW...and, if it doesn't, it's because we're a povvy little club with no ambition!

Agreed - there is a good chance we will play 5 in MF...no point them all being the same kind of player! Plus, we have 5 subs this season, so it's conceivable all our MF could be used in the same game?
All about opinions, but I think Loft was a better footballer than Charsley. Would love to be proved wrong, but if he's anything other than back up next season then we are in trouble. Might be a half decent option to close a game down like but nowhere near league 1 standard for me. Good attitude though and will always give 100%. Mansfield fans said the same and he couldn't get in to their team, a team we trounced at Wembley.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

I’m actually quite pleased we haven’t signed Telford. Up to February last season he scored 24 league goals.  In the last three months he scored one more. In the 7 seasons since his debut prior to last season he had scored 13 league goals. So does the process allow us to sign a bloke who has a good six months but is a non scoring striker for the rest of his career??  I very much doubt we were even after Telford with a record like that so to suggest ourselves and every other team in Leagues One and Two can’t afford to compete with Crawley is just daft in my opinion!

36 minutes ago, DoiDoiDoi said:

It was stone's area to manage.... down to inexperience.....

I'd have been raging with Gibbo had I been Stone - their player was closer than Stone was so the obvious thing was to clear it quickly. Having said that, he should have vocalised that...but he's only 22. If you can't learn from a mistake like that...at Wembley...in front of TV cameras, you're never going to learn!

I’m actually quite pleased we haven’t signed Telford. Up to February last season he scored 24 league goals.  In the last three months he scored one more. In the 7 seasons since his debut prior to last season he had scored 13 league goals. So does the process allow us to sign a bloke who has a good six months but is a non scoring striker for the rest of his career??  I very much doubt we were even after Telford with a record like that so to suggest ourselves and every other team in Leagues One and Two can’t afford to compete with Crawley is just daft in my opinion!
In hindsight I think you are almost certainly correct. He just doesn't fit our signing ethos. Paying over the odds for someone who has had a good 6 months in a 7 year career just doesn't seem like the sort of thing we'd do.

3 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

All about opinions, but I think Loft was a better footballer than Charsley. Would love to be proved wrong, but if he's anything other than back up next season then we are in trouble. Might be a half decent option to close a game down like but nowhere near league 1 standard for me. Good attitude though and will always give 100%. Mansfield fans said the same and he couldn't get in to their team, a team we trounced at Wembley.

All about opinions...as you say...personally, I think Charsley is the kind of player who always gets underrated. Does the job with little drama...and bossed his former teammates around just to prove his point!

3 hours ago, saintvaliant said:

I’d be amazed if we were ever in for Telford. Doesn’t fit the way we’ve been signing players in the last 18 months.

I thought he might compliment Wilson and Proctor nicely but there is also the risk of one season wonder syndrome and his goals dried up badly in the latter half of the season - 1 in last 13 games.

I have said all along that I didn't get the obsession with Telford signing,so many were convinced going off what one person said about seeing him at Wembley. We never been interested in him at all,at least now we know it will be 2 or 3 different strikers coming in 

7 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Tbh a few had a similar opinion of Proctor when he signed and look how that turned out. It's all about The Process.

2 hours ago, Walka003 said:

Meanwhile vale announce the new signing of... A physio.

Ah well, there's always next week. Maybe we'll get a few signings, or the away kit, or a few friendlies.

Maybe not next week,lets not forget that Cass was announced last Saturday 🙂 

Archived