onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Advert

On 23/06/2022 at 15:25, darren1810 said:

So our top earner is on 1850 I'm sure I read. That means Gibbo was on approx 900 a week. 

Now I'm not sure who Birchall is referring to, possibly Hussey? There's no doubt we strangely pushed the boat out to get him. However he was a regular in a League one side albeit I don't rate him myself but it's not my call ! 

Maybe that's the going rate and a sellers market in January when teams either panic or bring in decent additions like we did ( in the main )

Either way I simply don't believe Gibbo was on 900 a week however poor his number of appearances were .

From memory it was £1875 (or thereabouts) max / £1200 min? And I would guess the players made decent bonuses for their achievements - which is the point of bonuses!

I’d be amazed if we were ever in for Telford. Doesn’t fit the way we’ve been signing players in the last 18 months.

I thought he might compliment Wilson and Proctor nicely but there is also the risk of one season wonder syndrome and his goals dried up badly in the latter half of the season - 1 in last 13 games.

Just now, saintvaliant said:

I’d be amazed if we were ever in for Telford. Doesn’t fit the way we’ve been signing players in the last 18 months.

I thought he might compliment Wilson and Proctor nicely but there is also the risk of one season wonder syndrome and his goals dried up badly in the latter half of the season - 1 in last 13 games.

100% agree

15 minutes ago, Valiant in Brum said:

Dom Telford now out of the equation. What rumours next ?

To be honest I’m just glad that one has been sorted now. Felt like it was never going to end with him. Don’t think this is going to be sustainable in the medium term for Crawley but we’ll see.

16 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Davis Keilor-Dunn

Nothing to back it up, but i'd have him here in a shot. Nobody signed him yet

I'd second that. No idea who's interested in him or even if Vale are - but he looked a good player to me. 

Don't get me wrong. League 1 is going to be very tough but I'm glad we got out of league 2 with how some of these clubs are looking 

Bradford , Stockport, Mansfield with the money and even teams like Crawley pushing for better players. 

Unlucky crewe and Walsall. Enjoy midtable mediocrity or hopefully relegation 

On 23/06/2022 at 17:13, philmpv said:

...Those saying otherwise are basically saying that DC is a barefaced liar, which doesn't sit well with me at all, particularly given the type of guy that DC appears to be

And DF, apparently? Amazed that some fans have the <ovf censored> to call them liars in public!!

If you scroll through Twitter, every person with fingers supporting every club in leagues 1 and 2 is saying “that rumour is over.” Some really delusional league 2 supporters thinking he’s going to drop to the likes of them.

I’d like to think we can compete with Creepy though... so are we bringing in better players than Telford, or sticking to a budget, or different types of players. Time will tell. Surely we’ll see some movement soon.

Archived