onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

3 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

Did you think Cass was the better defender?  Sorry, but from what I saw last season, Gibbo was better of the 2.  To add some balance to that, in fairness Cass is nowhere near as experienced as Gibbo, who must have played 3 or 4 times as many league games at a guess.  You’d say both players have scope to improve, more so in the case of Cass, so it’ll  be interesting to see how both their respective careers progress at League 1 level.

Fair enough… but I think case with his extra height is a better defender than gibbons even if he s less experienced. Gibbo was great driving forward, anyway as you say both can improve but  I think cass is underrated 

Advert

44 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

That Smith rumour is most certainly false,i wouldn't trust that site one bit

I think smith should be sold … no way can we keep letting players contracts run down and leave for nothing. No doubt he s planning on let his contract run down. 

4 minutes ago, Bob Newtonian said:

I think smith should be sold … no way can we keep letting players contracts run down and leave for nothing. No doubt he s planning on let his contract run down. 

Cant be sold if no one is going to pay for him though so thats a none starter

20 minutes ago, Bob Newtonian said:

Don’t think we get much say if a player wants to run their contract down do we? 

Smith has his little un in a local school. Not that, that makes a difference these days. His venture with TC seems to be working out. You never know but I would say its bonkers. £300k ????  

Regarding Unofficial Vale and the news that our physio is retiring, perhaps he is the replacement. So much gossip, most of which is .........  All fun though, I am sure I saw Usain Bolt earlier jogging round Westport Lake

image.jpeg.1ea76c7b402602b022403a209f7a5773.jpeg

Are these ‘false’ twitter accounts a homage to the PC game Championship Manager (showing my old age having not played it for 20 odd years) but do remember the option of issuing press releases saying your club had made an offer on an upcoming opposition’s player in attempts to mess with their heads and affect their form (pre the days of transfer windows).  Are these Twitter accounts just the 21st century version of that aimed at fans rather than players/teams?  They’re certainly succeeding in twisting our melons on here. 🤪

3 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

Did you think Cass was the better defender?  Sorry, but from what I saw last season, Gibbo was better of the 2.  To add some balance to that, in fairness Cass is nowhere near as experienced as Gibbo, who must have played 3 or 4 times as many league games at a guess.  You’d say both players have scope to improve, more so in the case of Cass, so it’ll  be interesting to see how both their respective careers progress at League 1 level.

I don’t believe Gibbons was better than Cass defensively. Offensively yes.

Gibbo made two huge errors in the playoff games:

Lost his man (McKirdy) for the first Swindon goal and made the early blunder at Wembley when he let the ball bounce in the six yard box. I liked Gibbo but he’s not irreplaceable.

35 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Cant be sold if no one is going to pay for him though so thats a none starter

Smith has an extension written into his contact as had Gibbons who chose not to sign it, probably because Cass came and good luck to him and I personally think Smith will sign, so be patient 

17 minutes ago, soothsayer said:

I don’t believe Gibbons was better than Cass defensively. Offensively yes.

Gibbo made two huge errors in the playoff games:

Lost his man (McKirdy) for the first Swindon goal and made the early blunder at Wembley when he let the ball bounce in the six yard box. I liked Gibbo but he’s not irreplaceable.

TBF, didn't Stone tell him to leave it?

30 minutes ago, Trumpingtonvale said:

Are these ‘false’ twitter accounts a homage to the PC game Championship Manager (showing my old age having not played it for 20 odd years) but do remember the option of issuing press releases saying your club had made an offer on an upcoming opposition’s player in attempts to mess with their heads and affect their form (pre the days of transfer windows).  Are these Twitter accounts just the 21st century version of that aimed at fans rather than players/teams?  They’re certainly succeeding in twisting our melons on here. 🤪

Football manager was class back in the day. Although LMA manager on PlayStation was my favourite.

18 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

TBF, didn't Stone tell him to leave it?

100% Stone's balls-up.

I don't think we need to retcon Gibbo's typically committed and high quality performances last season just because he's left, do we?

Archived