onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

1 hour ago, gavcradd said:

Remi Street was quality. Did you know that (according to Wikipedia at least) he didn't play again after he left us in 2017? Seems a massive waste.

Spoke to a friend of his last week who said he had chronic knee problems and essentially couldn't play (or pass a medical) without great pain.

Shame, because he was highly rated and looked a good player.

Advert

6 minutes ago, robf said:

It may be total nonsense but one of those Twitter accounts says Theo Robinson is set to sign for Mansfield Town. 

Think that Twitter account in particular has yet to get anything right. Saw one most recently they had us selling Smudge to Plymouth for £300k which am confident isn’t happening. Also they had us letting Jake go on a free to Mansfield.

Not really, he’s a better player than most of the others so that has to be taken into account as well. 
I'd rather have an Audi that never lets me down than a Ferrari that leaves me stranded on the hard shoulder every other time I drive it

7 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Not really, he’s a better player than most of the others so that has to be taken into account as well. 

Is he? so why is he playing in the same league as "most of the others" next season ?

I think Cass is a better defender and will prove to have less injury problems over the next two years than Gibbons has had over the previous 2 seasons.

Players missing through injuries means changing the team around and having to sign extra cover so the add on costs in terms of points lost and financing addition of an extra cover player worked against Gibbo's contract offer I guess.

Anyway he's all fixed up now hope he does well he ll get great applause off me when we next see him.

UTV.

2 minutes ago, philmpv said:
12 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I'd rather have an Audi that never lets me down than a Ferrari that leaves me stranded on the hard shoulder every other time I drive it

And when your Ferrari breaks down you are left with your 2nd option which is a bus pass, because you spent all your money on your Ferrari

1 hour ago, Bald Eagle said:

Flip that the other way round - if someone earns the same as you but works only half the hours you do how would you feel?  A smaller basic topped up by appearance money seemed an entirely fair way to go.

Flip It around again. There’s lots of different ways of looking at it. I’m guessing that the 2 players we brought in last season to play wing back and full back are the ones on double, they were both second choice behind him when he was fit and (without checking) probably didn’t play any more than the 30 (ish) games that he played throughout last season either. Plus they’re didn’t get as many assists, goals or have as much of an effect on games either. So we arguably got less benefit out of paying those 2 players double the wage. 

Taylor to mansfield? Is that a new rumour? 

44 minutes ago, Bob Newtonian said:

Is he? so why is he playing in the same league as "most of the others" next season ?

I think Cass is a better defender and will prove to have less injury problems over the next two years than Gibbons has had over the previous 2 seasons.

Players missing through injuries means changing the team around and having to sign extra cover so the add on costs in terms of points lost and financing addition of an extra cover player worked against Gibbo's contract offer I guess.

Anyway he's all fixed up now hope he does well he ll get great applause off me when we next see him.

UTV.

All season we have been saying he’s one of our better players. If not for his injuries he would be at a top league 1 side / low championship side IMO. 

Cass is a great signing but won’t be playing where Gibbons played. 

Im not against what the club has done at all with this, 27 starts in two seasons is nowhere near enough. But I do think the fact he was one of our better players should have counted for something. (I’m not saying he should have been offered as much as the others - but not half as some are saying either) 

Anyway like you say he’s gone now so let’s move on. Hope he does well there expect when they play us. 

I would have hoped for a couple more new signing announcements by now. Only 1 week left and then they're back in training, so I imagine they'll want to get new players in the door. I imagine we're going for a slightly better level of player, with more competition, so there's probably lots of waiting on the players part and negotiating on our part. Most contracts run out next week, so imagine we'll see something happening (I hope!).

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

With Taylor and Conlon in midfield, I think we've got enough creativity to mix it with most in L1, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's an area we look for loan cover while TC is getting back to full fitness. It'll be interesting to see what comes of DF's presentations to the Prem teams. And whether Newcastle have any gems for us.

The main thing for me is a CB to cover Smith, who's better and quicker than Martin (who did a job). I like Pierre, who Shrews let go, but it could be that we look at the loan market there too.

Other than that, it's a RWB and a couple of strikers. 

For the RWB, I'd be tempted to look at Luke Matheson of Wolves. On loan in a shocking team last season, but did well as a 17 year old in League One for Rochdale. Marauds forward. 

1 hour ago, PV1973 said:

Flip It around again. There’s lots of different ways of looking at it. I’m guessing that the 2 players we brought in last season to play wing back and full back are the ones on double, they were both second choice behind him when he was fit and (without checking) probably didn’t play any more than the 30 (ish) games that he played throughout last season either. Plus they’re didn’t get as many assists, goals or have as much of an effect on games either. So we arguably got less benefit out of paying those 2 players double the wage. 

Taylor to mansfield? Is that a new rumour? 

He didnt play 30 ish games last season. He only played 34 games in two seasons.

Archived