onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Remi Street was quality. Did you know that (according to Wikipedia at least) he didn't play again after he left us in 2017? Seems a massive waste.

A young Sam Foley or Chris Eagles would be a good signing as well. Some shockers there though, Hooper? Reeves? Tanser? No wonder we went down.

Advert

48 minutes ago, connor hackett said:

Gibbons departure seems to have sent everyone into meltdown. Its just one cloud on an otherwise very bright horizon. We've just been promoted, and we've finally got rid of sex man. Last seasons injury problems consisted of Gibbo missing half a season, Conlon missing half a season, both strikers Wilson and Proctor missing a fair chunk of the season. Cass missed half a season, Walker missed a chunk of the season, as did Dan Jones. There's probably a few I've missed, but with these players I reckon we would of gone up Automatically no problem. Clubs are always going to have injured players, but last season was exceptional. So there's no logic in paying top dollar to a player, albeit a very good one, to keep him at the club. I thank the Lord that Chris Birchall isn't in charge of our finances, or we'd be handing out contracts left right and center. The club looks a lot more professional nowadays, something we've all been begging to happen for years. Patience is the key here, trust the recruitment and let's stop getting sentimental over players. Everything is looking rosy at the club, the future looks bright, we don't need snap signings to please the masses, those days are thankfully gone, we need careful and solid recruitment. Enjoy the pre season, bask in the glory of promotion, let's leave the moaning until we've got something to moan about. We're heading in the right direction for once.

I agree with you.

There's something about the human psyche, or maybe the British, that we always look for weaknesses.

It's actually part of our survival strategy, but it's overused to the extent that we are socially conditioned into being negative and, especially, highly critical.

It has a place, but being critical is easy, and often lazy.

Pride also comes into play. People are critical and then defend or elaborate their concerns rather than listening to other views.

Fundamentally, criticism produces negativity.

For a living example of how to produce a good environment, observe Carol Shanahan. She's a shining light, and we are absolutely blessed to have someone with such brilliant values.

It would seem that everyone on here has either forgotten about wozza or written him off. He's definitely got another good season in him as RWB. He contributed to many key moments in the playoff games. His dip in form mid season coincided with his hip injury and the fact that Smith was playing behind him at RCB. With Cass at RCB I think we'll see a fully fit  Wozza back to his best. Granted we need to bring in some competition but don't write him off yet.

22 minutes ago, gavcradd said:

Remi Street was quality. Did you know that (according to Wikipedia at least) he didn't play again after he left us in 2017? Seems a massive waste.

A young Sam Foley or Chris Eagles would be a good signing as well. Some shockers there though, Hooper? Reeves? Tanser? No wonder we went down.

It's bizarre as to why he hasn't played since. He was very good in our relegation season.

I wonder what he's been up to or what he does for a living now. 

You'd have expected him to end up in L1/NL at the very least!

It would seem that everyone on here has either forgotten about wozza or written him off. He's definitely got another good season in him as RWB. He contributed to many key moments in the playoff games. His dip in form mid season coincided with his hip injury and the fact that Smith was playing behind him at RCB. With Cass at RCB I think we'll see a fully fit  Wozza back to his best. Granted we need to bring in some competition but don't write him off yet.
That set up for Bennings goal at Wembley says it all class player.

It's bizarre as to why he hasn't played since. He was very good in our relegation season.
I wonder what he's been up to or what he does for a living now. 
You'd have expected him to end up in L1/NL at the very least!
He's got issues with his knees hasn't he, from what I recall.

13 hours ago, leedsvaliant said:

I like him, he's a trier and he always gives his all but he should only ever be back up for me. He's a bit lightweight and just doesn't quite possess that quality. He did a job for us at the time but I'd be fine if he was moved on.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

I would never describe him as lightweight. He is a beast in the tackle and a powerhouse of running. In any team /squad you need this type of player. These days it's a matter of using your squad and subs correctly. To have him come on and beast the opposition for the last 20 or 30 minutes is a big advantage.

3 minutes ago, Davo666 said:

When you only get offered half of what other players are getting you're going to leave aren't you !! Good luck Gibbo.

When you are only playing half the games other players are playing then you are only going to get half aren't you !! 

5 minutes ago, Davo666 said:

When you only get offered half of what other players are getting you're going to leave aren't you !! Good luck Gibbo.

Flip that the other way round - if someone earns the same as you but works only half the hours you do how would you feel?  A smaller basic topped up by appearance money seemed an entirely fair way to go.

7 hours ago, valiantastic said:

i’ve heard from someone close to legge in the biddulph area that leon fell out with the manager of Harrogate after 2 months and the manager has decided to get rid. a strange one because leggy doesn’t seem the bad egg type of player. model pro who if not for the injury would of played at least 50% of our games. had a very strong start to the season and looked like he could defy odds and nick the spot at the back over aaron martin. funny old game is football. hope we see him somewhere in the league. Sources have said Crewe but i dunno how Vale fans would feel about that 

He would get away with murder there lol

Archived