onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

On 13/05/2022 at 06:52, darren1810 said:

What a disastrous move that has been for Legge. I can see him popping up as a coach somewhere but his playing days are nearing an end.

i’ve heard from someone close to legge in the biddulph area that leon fell out with the manager of Harrogate after 2 months and the manager has decided to get rid. a strange one because leggy doesn’t seem the bad egg type of player. model pro who if not for the injury would of played at least 50% of our games. had a very strong start to the season and looked like he could defy odds and nick the spot at the back over aaron martin. funny old game is football. hope we see him somewhere in the league. Sources have said Crewe but i dunno how Vale fans would feel about that 

Advert

27 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

I can't quite believe the misery and grumpiness from fans whose team won promotion - in such a stunning way, at Wembley - only a month ago? We've pretty much kept the squad together  - losing only one player nailed on for a first-team start...if he's fit? Interesting, some of the biggest whingers  seem to be the most recent additions to the Vale family? Wait till you've been around 50+ years...,if you make it that long? 

(btw: the way we played at Wembley...on a pitch not so different in size...should be how we try to play at Vale Park...Fortress Burslem!)

I don't see that all. The odd moaner yes  (happens everywhere and everyone has them) 

Majority of the fans are still riding the high and looking forward to next season. Just a healthy debate and meaningless  scenario's while we wait for the season to actually kick in

People can be upset about a player and have a say whether they are right or wrong they are entitled to an opinion. Biggest whingers ? Its a forum for people to have their say on the football team for crying out loud. No one is slating the owners or coaches so why are you taking it so personally ? I've supported vale since I was 9/10 years old and watched them up and down the country in the good and bad times but it's only just about over half way to 50 so I don't count I take it ? Let's pray I make it that long though eh ! 

Get off your high horse man 

Players I'd be looking at:

GK
Kieran O’Hara
Jamal Blackman
Connor Ripley
Kieren Westwood
Ben Hamer

RWB
Chris Gunter
Adam Matthews
Joe Rafferty
Gavin Massey

CB
Rhys Bennett
Paul Downing
Chey Dunkley
Sam Hutchinson
Aaron Pierre
Angus MacDonald
Jordan Willis

ST
James Norwood
John Maquis
Sam Winnall
Fejiri Okenabirhie
Vadaine Oliver
Marc McNulty
Dom Telford

7 hours ago, Vale1995 said:

Thought this was quite interesting. Just shows that there are plenty of clubs in similar positions to ours and some who have done no business at all yet. I would expect early july to be busiest times for everyone as thats when player's contract will expire. Trust the process 

0C9D43BE-ED41-4C05-8A19-C889DF595CB4.png

The concern over the lack of new signings should be squashed. Yeah, we are approaching July with just Lewis Cass rejoining but, I’d imagine that we are looking for the right characters and the right players for our system. We don’t need an overhaul like last summer, and I’d be fairly concerned if we did. The signings will arrive, everybody just needs a little patience. Trust the process! 

Rarely post as out of season but this seasons a biggie lets keep behind the players and hopefully another excellent team campaign will be the outcome .
As for signings incoming and outgoings there always going be surprises Good luck to Gibbo Hurst and Amoo and anyone else moving on lets hope there replacements are firstly going give it there all if they do that's good enough for me .
We can be successful in league one for sure but we need folk turn up like they did for sure v Swindon H and Mansfield at Wembley if they do then who knows anything is possibleand that's the belief DC and AC have installed in everyone in the club and all the support and belief can carry you through the leagues .
I for one believe something special is happening at Vale .
Unity is outrageously great.
We have nothing to fear
UTV

14 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Someone posted this on Facebook which I thought was fascinating.

This was the lineup for our last game in League 1

Cant say that any of them would get in our team now (Smith excluded of course)… Maybe Eagles?

E72EC09C-94B1-4C40-8FD3-933866474CB4.jpeg

No surprise we went down with that side. 

Cant say that any of them would get in our team now (Smith excluded of course)… Maybe Eagles?

E72EC09C-94B1-4C40-8FD3-933866474CB4.thumb.jpeg.0ab6a7d1193a4742c7537bc71309e448.jpeg
That is an absolutely horrendous team! Only Streete and Smith would get into this squad

Gibbons departure seems to have sent everyone into meltdown. Its just one cloud on an otherwise very bright horizon. We've just been promoted, and we've finally got rid of sex man. Last seasons injury problems consisted of Gibbo missing half a season, Conlon missing half a season, both strikers Wilson and Proctor missing a fair chunk of the season. Cass missed half a season, Walker missed a chunk of the season, as did Dan Jones. There's probably a few I've missed, but with these players I reckon we would of gone up Automatically no problem. Clubs are always going to have injured players, but last season was exceptional. So there's no logic in paying top dollar to a player, albeit a very good one, to keep him at the club. I thank the Lord that Chris Birchall isn't in charge of our finances, or we'd be handing out contracts left right and center. The club looks a lot more professional nowadays, something we've all been begging to happen for years. Patience is the key here, trust the recruitment and let's stop getting sentimental over players. Everything is looking rosy at the club, the future looks bright, we don't need snap signings to please the masses, those days are thankfully gone, we need careful and solid recruitment. Enjoy the pre season, bask in the glory of promotion, let's leave the moaning until we've got something to moan about. We're heading in the right direction for once.

8 hours ago, Vale1995 said:

Thought this was quite interesting. Just shows that there are plenty of clubs in similar positions to ours and some who have done no business at all yet. I would expect early july to be busiest times for everyone as thats when player's contract will expire. Trust the process 

0C9D43BE-ED41-4C05-8A19-C889DF595CB4.png

The most interesting thing is that it says Gibbons joined Bristol Rovers on loan...

How accurate is the rest of it?

57 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

E72EC09C-94B1-4C40-8FD3-933866474CB4.jpeg

I think Purkiss and Foley were ok.

Few, if any, melting down over Gibbo’s departure. Not sure many are getting overly concerned about sparse news on transfers. Personally, I’d like to see a couple because I’m getting bored… which isn’t a great reason to sign someone.

Archived