onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Advert

8 hours ago, Ex Hamil Lurker said:

So Birchall’s had 5 minutes off from pesting young girls on social media and started spouting what are probably half-truths. Don’t know why anyone gives him the time of day.

and making the odd racist faux pas

On 22/06/2022 at 18:49, Jgpvfc said:

I’d be less bothered about losing Taylor than Gibbo. Cass will be played at rcb so Gibbo needs replacing. Still think going into the season with both Hussey and Benning is risky as well.
2 strikers and a central midfielder or two. When does pre season start?

Benning and Hussey are different kind of players - if we need to be a bit more defensive, Hussey will play; more adventurous and Benning will play - did you watch any of his last games? My MOTM at Wembley...admittedly, there were 3 or 4!

5 hours ago, mbycars said:

I've seen a few posters saying that Charsley should be ditched or loaned out. I thought he was one of the successes of the transfer window. He never let us down, never had a bad game and has a fantastic work rate. It's a squad game and to me he is needed in the squad.

Fair enough, possibly a bit harsh, and I've definitely nothing against the lad, particularly his work ethic, as you say he proved to be a valuable squad player in L2.

I just wonder with the restriction on squad size whether we'd need to move on/loan out one of the 6 CMs currently contracted if we were to bring one in. For me Charsley would be in that 6th place, especially since Taylor proved that when fit, he's probably the best deputy for Conlon.

Appreciate others might think Charsley's energy and reliability might put him above Taylor, but I'd put more emphasis on his quality on the ball and having cover for TC's skillset, given it will take the skipper time to recover. 

On 22/06/2022 at 19:00, boslemportvale91 said:

...I'm not sure what's wrong with Jones I know he had an injury but didn't look himself in the last few games he played... 

As for Martin. As I mentioned before , he's absolutely petrifying when he's playing  as he does a lot of stupid passes and needles tackles right near the box 

You've just answered your own question...without realising, I guess? As has been said about many of the players who've been out with injury - it takes a while for them to get back to speed...match fitness it's called! 

Harsh on Martin - doesn't make as many mistakes as people claim...but the inbuilt bias and need to scape goats seems to overtake logic and honesty!

On 22/06/2022 at 19:01, Doha said:

On the subject of Carol. Fair amount of moaning on the facebook groups about budgets...

Always an amount of moaning about something very few people have actual knowledge of! The budget worked last season - it will...probably...be increased, and will work again this season!

16 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

You've just answered your own question...without realising, I guess? As has been said about many of the players who've been out with injury - it takes a while for them to get back to speed...match fitness it's called! 

Harsh on Martin - doesn't make as many mistakes as people claim...but the inbuilt bias and need to scape goats seems to overtake logic and honesty!

I was onabout before the red card incident actually. He looked shakey way before the injury happened. Might have been injured during that time too who knows 

Where I have about Martin to make out hes the scapegoat? I don't just rate him as a stand alone CB when we play 3 at the back as his passing isn't great at times. Just like the first leg of the Swindon games where he made several mistakes. He's a good back up to have but nowhere near the level of Hall and Cass

My opinion by the way which im using my logic for as I feel every fan has a right to be critical to a player in a respected way not just saying that to follow "the crowd" and be biased as you seem to think I have done. 

On 22/06/2022 at 19:10, 1 said:

...Anyone saying the quality is not that big of a step up I would strongly disagree with, it is a big step up and we need the players to match that challenge. 

I would not be surprised if we have literally signed a replacement already and are just waiting to announce.

You can keep saying it, but logic ought to tell you differently? Many of the teams in our new League we have played before, in the last few seasons...and beaten a few of them, including those promoted with us, this time! But, I would expect to get new faces in, very shortly...and retaining almost all the squad from last season is a good thing for continuity!

6 hours ago, DazFred said:

Boss that Garrity Laaa
Boslemportvale91
Vale ball
Hoppers
Vale Forever
Ex Hamil Lurker
Iron Curtain 

There you go. You'll need more than a spare minute but these are the ones who didn't agree with Birchalls opinion or objected to him bring involved.

I shan't bother reading if you do comment on their comments.

It's all about me having an opinion about Birchalls opinion. Then you said in your opinion that he should have an opinion even though I said I didn't agree with Birchalls getting involved and giving his opinion.

That's me finished with this conversation as it still doesn't alter the fact that Gibbo has gone. In my opinion it was up to the club on how they spend their budget. This was also your opinion. So in my opinion you agreed with that part of my opinion.

Fair enough, but what I want to know is what’s Chris Birchall’s opinion about this?

On 22/06/2022 at 19:51, PV1973 said:

Interestingly more that one person I know at the club and some fans in the know don’t think this is the case at all. They’ve been reliable in the past for inside info and they’re saying we offered him a really low wage, upping it after a big number of games played. Rather than him demanding a big wage.  Realistically only someone without a brain would go in to contract talks demanding the world given they had only played 30 ish games last season and had picked up a couple of injuries too.

Interesting that you're taking rumour and hearsay as Gospel? And that some of those "in the know" have consistently been shown to be wrong, and guessers. I think logic should tell you that a player who owes us over a season's wages...harsh but true...isn't going to be offered megabucks?

15 hours ago, Frank Mustard said:
On 22/06/2022 at 22:37, andy jones said:
The players leaving are league 2 players. To stay in league 1 we need league 1 players. 
I have been down the club today to look over the hospitality options now open to fans 
At long last we have quality hospitality opportunities.
President seating being ripped out and quality going in. To sit there next season you have a 3 course meal included.
The RW suite is Championship quality and that includes a buffet meal.
The club revenue from hospitality is going to rocket!

Sounds spiffing old boy... Glass of Pimms at half time? Meanwhile real fans have to queue 15 minutes in the piššing down rain only to find out the pies have ran out yet again... and use toilets which were last fit for purpose in the 1950's.

"Real fans" can push the boat out, occasionally - or, like with mine - get their kids to pay for a one-off VIP experience? A bit of planning and forethought and you don't need to be a bitter old cloth capper, stuffing your pigeon in your pocket (that's NOT a euphemism!)! 

I can't quite believe the misery and grumpiness from fans whose team won promotion - in such a stunning way, at Wembley - only a month ago? We've pretty much kept the squad together  - losing only one player nailed on for a first-team start...if he's fit? Interesting, some of the biggest whingers  seem to be the most recent additions to the Vale family? Wait till you've been around 50+ years...,if you make it that long? 

(btw: the way we played at Wembley...on a pitch not so different in size...should be how we try to play at Vale Park...Fortress Burslem!)

Archived