onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

7 minutes ago, fraggle said:

Outstanding player, shone above many in our team and also against the opposition he was head and shoulders above any other league 2 wing back I’ve seen.

At 28, he still has masses to give. Great to get his signature and he’ll easily slot into league 1 life I suspect

emoji1319.pngemoji1319.png🥳🥳🥳

Very good player and really pleased he’s with us again but a bit of stretch to say he was the best wing back in the league. I would put at least Wilson at FGR and Caprice at Exeter above him. I think it’s debatable he was even our best next wing back last season.

We have a really good player though who will do well in L1.

Advert

12 minutes ago, Clayts said:

Surely it's traditional to have a bit of Morecambe on a Christmas? We'll just have to make sure we're Wise to any of their antics.

And back to transfers, great to see Lord Mal signed up, so what are we short of now do we reckon? Replacement for Gibbo and a striker to alternate with Proc/Wilson are absolute priorities. Then next for me would be a tricky winger/no 10 to play this year's version of Dennis Politic and give Garrity a bit of competition (with Charsley possibly loaned out?), a Grant-esque CM, and a young striker on loan as cover/fresh legs in the last 30 (the Lloyd/Edmondson role). If Stone has extended, I assume we're not in the market for a keeper, so is that it?

I also have a sneaking suspicion we'll do something with Martin like we did with Legge last year; might not be during the summer, might wait until January as not an urgent priority I wouldn't have thought, but can see us signing one of the top L2 CBs with Martin going the other way along with a chunk of cash. 

I've seen a few posters saying that Charsley should be ditched or loaned out. I thought he was one of the successes of the transfer window. He never let us down, never had a bad game and has a fantastic work rate. It's a squad game and to me he is needed in the squad.

1 hour ago, SuperHuman said:

I’m not sure how accurate the £1,850 salary cap really is. Maybe we do just pay heavy bonuses and add ons, I’m not sure. However, I’ve heard lots of stories from reliable sources that Wilson is on a lot more than £1,850 a week. 

Yeah it's rubbish. 

I've seen a few posters saying that Charsley should be ditched or loaned out. I thought he was one of the successes of the transfer window. He never let us down, never had a bad game and has a fantastic work rate. It's a squad game and to me he is needed in the squad.

I like him, he's a trier and he always gives his all but he should only ever be back up for me. He's a bit lightweight and just doesn't quite possess that quality. He did a job for us at the time but I'd be fine if he was moved on.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

13 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I would of liked us to have a go for him tbh,has a lot of potential but for me this shows we might be looking to bring in better

Thought he was off to Melbourne - gotta love the accuracy of the twitter rumour control 😍😍😍😍

would have loved him here 

Thought he was off to Melbourne - gotta love the accuracy of the twitter rumour control
would have loved him here 
Again, I liked his attitude and commitment but would he have really made a difference? He did a manful job in some unfamiliar positions but when he played in his true position, he never really looked like the real deal. The fact that we haven't seemingly pursued him and he's gone to a lower team who can't have a bigger budget than us, suggests the manager feels the same.

Regarding Birchalls comments i think he has his own errmmm issues to sort out,he is very spiteful as well now after being outed,anyway what i will say is did Gibbo really expect us to pay him more for a player who played 30 odd league games over 2 seasons and has had injury problems than a player who plays 46+ games a season

I have no problem at all with how the club has dealt with this,we have lost one main(when fit) player,the others have signed back up oh and we have added Cass,so personally i think we are doing very well so far and those up in arms should look at the bigger picture

Onwards and Upwards

4 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

Again, I liked his attitude and commitment but would he have really made a difference? He did a manful job in some unfamiliar positions but when he played in his true position, he never really looked like the real deal. The fact that we haven't seemingly pursued him and he's gone to a lower team who can't have a bigger budget than us, suggests the manager feels the same.

I know, and I agree, but as we have said before - "never fall in love with an on loan player" 😱😱😱

Den Den Den Den Den Den ............................................ 😍😍😍😍

Archived