onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Advert

7 minutes ago, Heatwave said:

At least Mal signing has stopped all the negativity about Gibbo leaving.

Surely a tactical decision from the club to put off this announcement until just after the gibbo news broke? 

Likely a done deal a few weeks ago when the deleted tweet incident happened, but kept it hush hush so they could drop it about now should the negotiations with JG go the way they did

Great news re Mal. I was one of his detractors during his pre season and first half season form but, since his apparent wake up call (or whatever it was), he's been largely outstanding, a completely different player.

Re Gibbo, I've got no issue with Birchall coming out with what he thinks. I do, however, question just how well thought out it is. Smacks of Chinese whispers to a large extent, and completely biased in favour of Gibbo (demanding parity with players on allegedly double his wage). We all know that Gibbo is a great player. But when he's really only been available for half the season each season he's played is this realistic? Don't blame him for one second if he can get that money elsewhere, but by the same token I don't blame the club one bit for (alleged by Birchall) not caving into that kind of expectation.

Have no idea what's true and what isn't, like most of us, but do trust the process completely, and am very confident that we'll have an equal or even better player/youngster lined up

I’m not sure how accurate the £1,850 salary cap really is. Maybe we do just pay heavy bonuses and add ons, I’m not sure. However, I’ve heard lots of stories from reliable sources that Wilson is on a lot more than £1,850 a week. 
If he continues to play the way he did for most of last season, he deserves every penny of whatever he's on.

I, for one, really don't believe that someone like DC would come out like he did publically and make such a specific comment on wages (both individually and collectively in terms of the entire budget) if it wasn't true. There may be bigger bonuses and incentives for certain players, but they will have to be earnt, and I honestly believe DC that the basic wage ceiling was 1850. Those saying otherwise are basically saying that DC is a barefaced liar, which doesn't sit well with me at all, particularly given the type of guy that DC appears to be

Glad to see Mal sign up again based on his end of season form. Hopefully he can carry that forward into next season.

Looking like continuity is key for us this summer, keeping hold of the majority of the players in & around our starting 11. It's a steady strategy & I think it will serve us well.

Still excited to see if we can bring a few in to really improve our best 11.

11 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Morecombe at home on Boxing Day

Surely it's traditional to have a bit of Morecambe on a Christmas? We'll just have to make sure we're Wise to any of their antics.

And back to transfers, great to see Lord Mal signed up, so what are we short of now do we reckon? Replacement for Gibbo and a striker to alternate with Proc/Wilson are absolute priorities. Then next for me would be a tricky winger/no 10 to play this year's version of Dennis Politic and give Garrity a bit of competition (with Charsley possibly loaned out?), a Grant-esque CM, and a young striker on loan as cover/fresh legs in the last 30 (the Lloyd/Edmondson role). If Stone has extended, I assume we're not in the market for a keeper, so is that it?

I also have a sneaking suspicion we'll do something with Martin like we did with Legge last year; might not be during the summer, might wait until January as not an urgent priority I wouldn't have thought, but can see us signing one of the top L2 CBs with Martin going the other way along with a chunk of cash. 

At least Mal signing has stopped all the negativity about Gibbo leaving.

Outstanding player, shone above many in our team and also against the opposition he was head and shoulders above any other league 2 wing back I’ve seen.

At 28, he still has masses to give. Great to get his signature and he’ll easily slot into league 1 life I suspect

🥳🥳🥳

21 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Good news re Benning. 

Different topic I know but the Computer has not been kind to us all!!! Morecombe at home on Boxing Day!!!

20) MORECAMBE

Morecambe had an average away attendance of 377, with the club finishing 19th place in the 2021/22 EFL League One table, picking up 42 points from 46 games.

Their highest following was 1,168 to Accrington, their lowest was 105 to Cheltenham. 

There was no average away attendance figure for the 2020/21 season due to the coronavirus pandemic preventing fans going to games.

The average away attendance Morecambe had for the 2019/20 season was 162.

They have managed to get 215 more to travel since 2019/20 🙂 Will they fill the Hamil?

4 minutes ago, ginginator said:

20) MORECAMBE

Morecambe had an average away attendance of 377, with the club finishing 19th place in the 2021/22 EFL League One table, picking up 42 points from 46 games.

Their highest following was 1,168 to Accrington, their lowest was 105 to Cheltenham. 

There was no average away attendance figure for the 2020/21 season due to the coronavirus pandemic preventing fans going to games.

The average away attendance Morecambe had for the 2019/20 season was 162.

They have managed to get 215 more to travel since 2019/20 🙂 Will they fill the Hamil?

Can’t wait 😩

1 hour ago, Guitar Ray said:

Can you point them out and when I get a spare minute I’ll put that right for you. 👍🏻

Boss that Garrity Laaa
Boslemportvale91
Vale ball
Hoppers
Vale Forever
Ex Hamil Lurker
Iron Curtain 

There you go. You'll need more than a spare minute but these are the ones who didn't agree with Birchalls opinion or objected to him bring involved.

I shan't bother reading if you do comment on their comments.

It's all about me having an opinion about Birchalls opinion. Then you said in your opinion that he should have an opinion even though I said I didn't agree with Birchalls getting involved and giving his opinion.

That's me finished with this conversation as it still doesn't alter the fact that Gibbo has gone. In my opinion it was up to the club on how they spend their budget. This was also your opinion. So in my opinion you agreed with that part of my opinion.

Archived