onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

You know what - Id rather us be playing in the national league and be on a sure-footing than to pay idiotically over the odds on wages - its not like weve ever been in adminstration is it 
No ones mentioned over the odds, just competitive and not out gunned by teams we've just come up with.

Ah well, it's done now. Over to you DF.

Advert

1 minute ago, Doha said:

Completely appreciate that, the overnight doubling of energy bills is insane, potentially tripled in October doesn't bear thinking about. Plus inflation and fuel etc

I just don't think some of the criticism currently being written about the club's ambitions is very fair. But I totally understand it, it's raw, this news has only just come out, people need time to get their heads around unexpectedly losing a fans favourite.

Correct.

Worth mentioning that some fans seem to believe that football clubs are run purely out of the bottomless pockets of their wealthy owners.  Possibly this idea has been reinforced in latter years by the proliferation of the above model.

9 minutes ago, Doha said:

The point being made was we can all see where grumbling about budgets ends up.

I'm as disappointed as anyone but some of the moaning currently going on on social media isn't fair on her.

Yeah that’s out of order. Dosent surprise me with some of them on there though 

11 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Allowed to use more subs so spread the game time, take care of the jewels.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

I agree with letting him work out his own training schedule, and rotating players to get fresh legs on the field and try to mitigate injuries...I just think if Procs is fit he should, at least, start the game? Soften defences up for younger legs to take advantage of after 60 mins?

2 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

No ones mentioned over the odds, just competitive and not out gunned by teams we've just come up with.

Ah well, it's done now. Over to you DF.

In all likelihood they outgunned us last season, why not this?  We’ll have our ceiling and that’s it.

19 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

No it doesnt, it shows we wont be held to ransom -I fully support the club and gibbos decision

Interestingly more that one person I know at the club and some fans in the know don’t think this is the case at all. They’ve been reliable in the past for inside info and they’re saying we offered him a really low wage, upping it after a big number of games played. Rather than him demanding a big wage.  Realistically only someone without a brain would go in to contract talks demanding the world given they had only played 30 ish games last season and had picked up a couple of injuries too.

I'm happy that we've retained the squad from last season.

IMO I hope Benning signs,then we've only lost Hurst, Amoo and Gibbo.

Edmonson and Harratt weren't ours so it's at the mercy of their parent clubs.

Personally I'd look to loan out/move on Robinson,Jones or Hussey...

The MF looks strong when fit..Conlon could be replaced by Taylor and Walker by Pett. Charsley loses out to Garrity for me but I would like a player who can play wide either side as we only have Wozza. My other additions would be a couple of forwards and maybe a GK as I don't trust Covolan.

That's it for me...I'm more than happy with what Stone and Proctor have said about the club

16 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Dom Telford signing for us seems to be getting more mentions. Some are saying the deal is close apparently 

We've been here before though so I'll wait till its official 

I will still be amazed and i still highly doubt it but we will bring in at least one experienced striker and then maybe 2 more

Don’t under estimate mate how absolutely skint people are at the moment. It’s going to get worse as we head into the winter. We will get similar to last season with much bigger away followings. The budget should be fine to match the likes of Morecambe, Stanley and Burton etc. 
Didn't stop 10000 people 'suddenly' finding £200-300 for a day out in London

Archived