onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Cass is nowhere near as good a wingback though. We need to get another one on. Especially if Benning goes. 
I think Cass didn't look as good when played at wing back was because he didn't have Cass playing behind him at RCB similar to the difference in Worrall with Smith compared Gibbo/Cass playing behind

Advert

Don’t know why some are losing their heads over Gibbo. I love him and he’s a top player. But his hamstrings have been made of paper mache for the last three seasons. If the gas want to pay silly money to him then good luck to them. I’m happy we’re not.

36 minutes ago, jjvale_03 said:

Given that you ask.

I'd have offered him a 2 year deal, with an automatic renewal (with a built in % pay increase) for x years triggered if/when he hit x number of minutes on the pitch.

I think he deserved to be offered a contract that was non-appearance based, with a basic wage in line with others at the club who we expect to be in our starting XI in L1. The likes of Nathan Smith and Conor Hall. It would represent a slight gamble given his injury record, but not a ridiculous one given how he ended the season.

A gamble would be paying a fee for a full back ten years Gibbo's senior, and offering him a deal he 'couldn't turn down' back in January. Hello, Chris Hussey.

Thank you for your response.

So in summary, the same salary as Smithy who churns out 50 games a season like there’s no tomorrow to a player who history suggests will play less than half the games - so in effect paying him double as you also need to pay him and a suitable replacement for when he is sadly frequently missing.

Great player when fit, but we had our best run when he was out injured after Harrogate.

Cass and Proctor in for Gibbo and Harratt from the Wembley starting 11 leaves us with a great platform to build on.

I prefer to judge the  window at the close, and more importantly based on results.  Hussey whilst disappointing has not been a disaster, and his corners helped secure some valuable points in Feb.  That said, would be happy to see him move to a Div 2 club who see him as the final piece in the jigsaw to secure another promotion from League 2.

2 hours ago, jjvale_03 said:

Gutted.

Reflects really badly on the football club that he'd rather join Bristol Rovers than stay with us.

No it doesnt, it shows we wont be held to ransom -I fully support the club and gibbos decision

21 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Why does it always have to come back to being the fans fault. 

The point being made was we can all see where grumbling about budgets ends up.

I'm as disappointed as anyone but some of the moaning currently going on on social media isn't fair on her.

2 hours ago, Walka003 said:

He is certainly up there and we were a much better team with him in. Embarrassing to lose him to a promoted team, big questions for DF to answer for me. We're miles off it so far this summer

And the meltdown begins 🤣🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, Walka003 said:

If the wage structure can't compete with a fellow promoted team for one of our best players, someone who has a deep connection with the club, what are we even aiming for next year.

You know what - Id rather us be playing in the national league and be on a sure-footing than to pay idiotically over the odds on wages - its not like weve ever been in adminstration is it 

34 minutes ago, Jgpvfc said:

Don’t under estimate mate how absolutely skint people are at the moment. It’s going to get worse as we head into the winter. We will get similar to last season with much bigger away followings. The budget should be fine to match the likes of Morecambe, Stanley and Burton etc. 

Completely appreciate that, the overnight doubling of energy bills is insane, potentially tripled in October doesn't bear thinking about. Plus inflation and fuel etc

I just don't think some of the criticism currently being written about the club's ambitions is very fair. But I totally understand it, it's raw, this news has only just come out, people need time to get their heads around unexpectedly losing a fans favourite.

12 hours ago, DazFred said:

He says he feels the love from the Vale fans. That sounds so good to hear.

I'm glad he's here for 2 years. I know he makes the odd mistake but his reflex saves are great. 

I'm sure he'll improve

And he's still very young for a GK. 

Archived