onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Advert

Really disappointed.  Lost 2 of our starting X1 at Wembley and possibly Taylor too ?

Let's be honest if they didn't play at that shack of a stadium Bristol could arguably get 12'000 gates easily .They'll have 9000 every week and are a big club. 

The only loyalty in football is the fans. Money talks. The way his career has gone who knows what will happen to him so he's taken the coin. 

Be no booing from me. A thunderous wholehearted player who gave his all. 

But Port Vale continues without Gibbo and we'll find a new hero. 

Good luck to him but I'm hopeful we'll have a replacement already lined up .

Keep the faith 

The previous injuries are irrelevant. We should have been looking forward to a future with Gibbo as a ball playing centreback (less attritional), freeing up our wingback. I don't see how we get someone else in who'd fit into the current squad as well as him for the money. I hope I'm proven wrong.

Just now, valiant_593 said:

What an odd decision and I hope for his sake it’s not one he regrets. I could understand if he went to a top league 1 side / lower championship but this is a really odd sideways move to work under one of; if not the biggest <ovf censored> in English football. 

Obviously money talks, I do worry our very strict way of dealing and contracts could put off a few in this division. Obviously a very good player and we were much better with him in the side last season. Personally I don’t think he will thrive as much there as he did here, 13 years at the club - he’s always given me the impression he needs to really like the club and his passion will come out on the pitch. Only thing I can think from our side is that his injury record is bad, and is it woth pushing the boat out for a guy who will probably play 20ish games. 

Still, disappointed and find it odd that a player would want to leave after that promotion to another promoted side. 

<ovf censored> me he will get some reds under Barton 😂

Taylor going next. 

I’m speculating as we all are but going to Rovers suggests he wasn’t flooded with offers to pay him a lot more than we were. If you’re from the north, Bristol is a pain to get to and from to see family etc.  

Odd that he reckons he wants a new challenge…League 1 alone is a challenge!

3 minutes ago, Jgpvfc said:

That's what I said.

Good luck to Gibbo. He owes us nothing,but the club have looked after him. 138 league games in 6 seasons. He's played the best footie of his career in his last season and I'll remember him for his commitment and footballing ability.

Surprised he's gone to Bristol but maybe they were the only team offering a 2 year deal.

Vale have Cass,the untried Robinson,and I remember at times that Benning filled in at RB(if he stays).

I'd prefer another couple of strikers and a keeper rather than a RB

1 minute ago, DazFred said:

Odd that he reckons he wants a new challenge…League 1 alone is a challenge!

That's what I said.

Good luck to Gibbo. He owes us nothing,but the club have looked after him. 138 league games in 6 seasons. He's played the best footie of his career in his last season and I'll remember him for his commitment and footballing ability.

Surprised he's gone to Bristol but maybe they were the only team offering a 2 year deal.

Vale have Cass,the untried Robinson,and I remember at times that Benning filled in at RB(if he stays).

I'd prefer another couple of strikers and a keeper rather than a RB

I’m pretty sure Stone will be our number 1 with the mad Brazilian as back up. Unfortunately.

6 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

I've seen a few mention Taylor leaving. Quite concerning as Conlon and Walker are still recovering from bad injuries are they not ? 

I don't fancy watching Aaron Martin playing midfield again if I'm honest 

Dream on Martin carn't even play centre back.

Standard and entirely predictable over-reaction on here from some but also good to see a few folk with some common sense.

We’ve lost a player who has played less than 50% of League games across a 5 season spell and has never played league football higher than L2.

By the reaction of some on here you would think we had just let Trent Alexander Arnold go on a free.

Good luck Gibbo and thanks for your service. 

Look at it another way, we've lost Gibbo but gained Cass. I think we have won that one.

Taylor isnt going anywhere, and I don't understand the doom and gloom merchants who think he is.

Give it a few more days, and we will be seeing new faces coming in. Get a grip some of you.

4 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I suspect Barton looked at Gibbo's history, saw he'd been sent off on his league debut and thought, "he's my kind of player!"

Sent off...or sent down?!

Tomorrow is the day...let's hope justice prevails 

Archived