onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Advert

Just now, connor hackett said:
5 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:
Maybe the extra money might be offered to a Dom Telford ? 
That would numb the pain a bit I'm sure.

Prefer it if they spent it on a Mitch Clarke type player. Or even Mitch Clake himself.

I'd love mitch Clark back although he seems to be happy at Stanley 

Gutted, one of my favourite players, but booing Gibbo? Don’t get that at all. I wouldn’t blame anyone for moving given it’s such a short career. Hearing a few in the knows and people with links to the club saying that it was us offering him a low wage and not the fact that he wanted a big wage. Obviously we’d have our reasons, but can’t blame him for going. 

As someone mentioned on here the other day, he brought more to the team when he played than just  his ability which is hard to get in players. 

Just now, boslemportvale91 said:

Meanwhile Portsmouth sign Marlon Pack and potentially Matt Ritchie next. 

I think this upcoming season is going to be very very difficult. 

We can’t come close to these signings. 

Has the last 12 months not taught you anything? Some of the comments in here are so ridiculous. 

Gibbo would have gone in January if not for the injury. If he has gone we would have got a fee, but he stayed and he was vital in the last two games of the play offs and yes I’m speculating but if he hadn’t played in that back 3 against Swindon at home I think we would still be in League 2 so just for that alone I will always be grateful. 

I cannot believe that the club are being questioned over their wage structure. We are not a club that players come to for a big pay day. I doubt we ever will be. It’s clear that what we lack in money we make up for in development and success. 

Players come and go, but some “fans” need to open a window or go for a walk after the season we’ve had and are questioning what the club is doing. 

Just now, mr.hobblesworth said:

Rather than a low wage, I think it was more appearance based.

Yep I’m hearing the same. We’ve basically told him he’s been injured for 2 years and this is all he’s getting. 

1 hour ago, WV said:

Gives 13 years of his life to Port Vale, leaves for unknown reason, then the idiots come out with things like this. get a grip. 

Who u calling a <ovf censored> idiot? 
I’ve not slated the club I’ve slated a player for leaving to a rival club that’s my opinion I’m obviously a lot more loyal than u 

What an odd decision and I hope for his sake it’s not one he regrets. I could understand if he went to a top league 1 side / lower championship but this is a really odd sideways move to work under one of; if not the biggest <ovf censored> in English football. 

Obviously money talks, I heard earlier that our offer wasn’t exactly attractive and I do worry our very strict way of dealing and contracts could put off a few in this division. Obviously a very good player and we were much better with him in the side last season. Personally I don’t think he will thrive as much there as he did here, 13 years at the club - he’s always given me the impression he needs to really like the club and his passion will come out on the pitch. Only thing I can think from our side is that his injury record is bad, and is it woth pushing the boat out for a guy who will probably play 20ish games. 

Still, disappointed and find it odd that a player would want to leave after that promotion to another promoted side. 

<ovf censored> me he will get some reds under Barton 😂

Taylor going next. 

6 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Rather than a low wage, I think it was more appearance based.

I can understand that, I heard it was a lot of appearances that would trigger a pay rise too. If another club potentially offered a guaranteed wage then that’s another factor to weigh up as well. If it were any of us in that position I’m sure it would have been a hard decision to make. Not sure I’d have the balls to do it if I’d been here so long. 

49 minutes ago, jjvale_03 said:

I think it's because Gibbo was such a fan favourite - a bit of a throwback if you like - that people are so disappointed by this. He is replaceable on pure footballing ability but probably not so easily in terms of attitude, commitment, demanding high standards from his peers and his ability to galvanise a crowd.

If we haven't tried very hard to keep him at the club, then it's a big error of judgement in my opinion.

So what counts as ‘very hard’ to keep him’?  It’s one of those nothing comments like we had with the ‘deadwood’ last year, many of whom ‘could do a job’ in some peoples eyes - which is also a nothing comment.

It seems pretty  much a given that the way that the players and their families are treated is ‘second to none’ as a welcoming environment pretty much anywhere, and the player recovery/welfare/nutrition/rehab/training etc pretty much as good as you will find outside of the championship.

If you are talking financially, what is the figure you think the club should have offered Gibbo - £2k / £5k / £10k / per week / whatever it takes?

What would be your ‘walk away’ figure?  What if Gibbo just fancies a fresh challenge?  What if the amount Brizzle are offering is significantly above what we believe his true market value is?

I much prefer to trust our professionally run club and management team to make the right decision for the good of PVFC and put out the best value for money squad they can (as proved last summer and January - when many signings were bemoaned and yet delivered promotion against the odds) and not jeopardise our future for a frankly (very good) player who averages around 20 games a season!

1 minute ago, valiant_593 said:

What an odd decision and I hope for his sake it’s not one he regrets. I could understand if he went to a top league 1 side / lower championship but this is a really odd sideways move to work under one of; if not the biggest <ovf censored> in English football. 

Obviously money talks, I do worry our very strict way of dealing and contracts could put off a few in this division. Obviously a very good player and we were much better with him in the side last season. Personally I don’t think he will thrive as much there as he did here, 13 years at the club - he’s always given me the impression he needs to really like the club and his passion will come out on the pitch. Only thing I can think from our side is that his injury record is bad, and is it woth pushing the boat out for a guy who will probably play 20ish games. 

Still, disappointed and find it odd that a player would want to leave after that promotion to another promoted side. 

<ovf censored> me he will get some reds under Barton 😂

Taylor going next. 

I've seen a few mention Taylor leaving. Quite concerning as Conlon and Walker are still recovering from bad injuries are they not ? 

I don't fancy watching Aaron Martin playing midfield again if I'm honest 

Archived