onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Fully trust the management team to find a replacement. Yes, he’s a good player, but how many times has he been injured? He’s no good to us on the sidelines. It’s also pretty obvious that he wanted a move elsewhere, whether it be for money or a change. We’re in the best shape now than we’ve ever been whilst he’s been at the club. I’m sure he was offered a decent contract. Don’t over react, move on. 

Advert

2 hours ago, Doha said:
I know where you're coming from, I'm pissed off, but the reality is that over the last 5 years he's seemingly averaged 2/3rds of the season out injured. I'm confident this is a situation where the club will have chosen not to compete, rather than not been able to, simply on the basis that since 2017 he's averaged 22.2 league games a year.

I was resigned to him going, but not to lose him a fellow promoted team. The moment he came back into the squad we looked 100%. If the club lost him to Sheff Wed or Wigan as had been reported, then fair dos, we can't compete and he's made a better career move. But Brizzle. Wtf

Prior to my last comment ( not the one where I accidently said he gets abuse online because I'm stupid and don't spell check) 

As much as I am gutted , I'm glad it's been confirmed now and we can look to move on. It was the waiting and rumours that was making it frustrating if anything. 

Like people have said money talks and while I'm disappointed he's left us and I still think wrong career move for him , I'm just a mere fan but I'm sure if I was in his position I'd also go for the money. 

Gibbons is a huge loss though his energy and desire to win the ball really pushed the team on. Had a decent cross on him too 

Did Cass play much RWB last season ? I honestly can't remember. I'd personally prefer him , Hall and Smith at the back 

IF Benning stays then I'd imagine him and Worrall will be the potential starting wing backs.

Hopefully we've got someone lined up though , as I don't think Hussey or Jones will be good enough for league 1

44 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Whilst I'm disappointed to see Gibbo go, I can understand why the club won't push the boat out for him.  He simply doesn't play enough games.

Totally agree 34/92 league games in the last two seasons is barely a third. I liked Gibbo but he’s hardly irreplaceable.

Crimes, some of the meltdown comments are laughable… Gibbo leaves, 1 player does not make a team! We’ll be just fine, we recruited well last term, despite all of our concerns, both pre-season and Jan transfer window. We all just need to look forward to the replacements coming through the door…

I’d much prefer someone that is 95% available, fully committed, then someone who is, in/out of the squad and head is elsewhere.

We move forwards always, especially so with the collective team we have at the club.

Good luck to Gibbo, class style, top bloke, awesome service to the club and process we’ve gone through over the years.

As disappointed as I am, if a rival employer offered me a significant pay rise, then I think I would move on, I had the opportunity to work with a former player from the LDV trophy winning team a few years ago, he always said that where as I was a supporter, he was employee, and did not have the same attachment to the club…

I will still give Gibbo a warm reception on his return…..

Rubbish that. We can definitely afford to finish the Lorne Street if we can't put an offer together to encourage Gibbo to stay. I think "the matrix"might need looking at, otherwise we'll be a team full of late 20s, early 30s plodders by the end of next season if we're not careful. Taylor probably gone soon too, so that'll be another under 25 year old one his way.

6 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

Unfortunately your are right. My daughter just asked if we played them first game of the season at Vale would he get a good reception. I think the answer is probably not. !

I hope he doesn’t get booed. It’s not as though he’s left us on bad terms. He’s just made a decision for his family and I for one cannot criticise that especially the way the world is right now.

Guess it’s wait and see with Mal now on a separate note. Am sure Flickers will be getting the list of players ready for replacements for him too though.

43 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Much bigger summer than anticipated for DF now. At present we've got a worse squad now than we had at the start of January.

Really?

Only Amoo and Gibbo(yes a good player when fit) have left and Cass has come in,i notice you said at the beginning of January when Gibbo was fit,he only played 20 odd games last season.

I loved Gibbo and wanted him to stay but to say the squad is now worse is a bit ott imo

Archived