onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Advert

23 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

He's signed for Bristol rovers. What the absolute fck we've lost our best player to a fellow promoted team.

I could understand if we'd missed out and he'd gone to a championship or top half L1 team. Can't wrap my head round this at all

Cue the massive overreaction.

I'm sorry but he isn't & wasn't our best player...

He's played about 110 games for us in 4 years. He was full blooded & came through the ranks, so I understand the love for him, but I genuinely do not think it's this catastrophic loss ppl think it is.

He was injured or serving suspension majority of the time. Got to trust the club, they're closer to the detail than us. If they wanted to keep him & they adjudged him to be so pivotal to our team, they'd have made him an offer he couldn't refuse. They didn't.

Good luck Gibbo, we move on. 

Just now, Walka003 said:
3 minutes ago, Valiant in Brum said:
How have we ?

We're in the exact same position, and now gibbo-less

I agree. I think the squad needs significant improvement to stay out of the bottom 4 next season. Pace would be start. 

Cue the massive overreaction.
I'm sorry but he isn't & wasn't our best player...
He's played about 110 games for us in 4 years. He was full blooded & came through the ranks, so I understand the love for him, but I genuinely do not think it's this catastrophic loss ppl think it is.
He was injured or serving suspension majority of the time. Got to trust the club, they're closer to the detail than us. If they wanted to keep him & they adjudged him to be so pivotal to our team, they'd have made him an offer he couldn't refuse. They didn't.
Good luck Gibbo, we move on. 

Happy for you to try to sugar coat this as you please. Would you have been happy for him leave 2 hours ago?

22 minutes ago, Walka003 said:
23 minutes ago, Clayts said:
Gutted, but as others have said, if another team can offer something like double the wages we can, you can't begrudge him moving on, and similarly we can't be breaking the wage structure just to keep him.
Best of luck Gibbo, wherever you end up, and thanks for all your efforts. emoji122.png

If we're getting beaten in wages teams by other promoted teams that reflects awful on us

Don’t blame the club at all . Gibbo knew our wage structure ,but he obviously wanted more , and got it somewhere else . 

Just now, Walka003 said:

Happy for you to try to sugar coat this as you please. Would you have been happy for him leave 2 hours ago?

I posted last week, I'd have liked him to sign but I wouldn't be crying myself to sleep if he left.

He's a decent player & I liked him, like all Vale fans, but we move on.

Good luck to the lad. 

7 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

I know where you're coming from, I'm pissed off, but the reality is that over the last 5 years he's seemingly missed on average 2/3rds of the season. I'm confident this is a situation where the club will have chosen not to compete, rather than not been able to, simply on the basis that since 2017 he's averaged 22.2 league games a year.

He's signed for Bristol rovers. What the absolute fck we've lost our best player to a fellow promoted team.

I could understand if we'd missed out and he'd gone to a championship or top half L1 team. Can't wrap my head round this at all

Simple one… Money!

37 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Whilst I'm disappointed to see Gibbo go, I can understand why the club won't push the boat out for him.  He simply doesn't play enough games.

The meltdown on FB is ridiculous

I really wanted him stay but no player is bigger than the club,good luck to him i say... he did well for us and we did well for him.

People forget he was 100% leaving in January until he got injured again,I trust us to bring in the right players,we move on

Onwards and Upwards

Archived