onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Advert

If the wage structure can't compete with a fellow promoted team for one of our best players, someone who has a deep connection with the club, what are we even aiming for next year.
Or simply he is worth more to them than us. We could have competed but chose not too as we felt our budget would be better spent elsewhere.

12 minutes ago, Walka003 said:
13 minutes ago, valeparklife said:
He's not our best player though is he?
Really weird move. They must be paying him a fortune. 
I'd say we didn't want to offer what Rovers were paying with his injury record, whilst they were prepared to gamble.

He is certainly up there and we were a much better team with him in. Embarrassing to lose him to a promoted team, big questions for DF to answer for me. We're miles off it so far this summer

It’s simple. Numbers have  to stack up for us to be a sustainable club. I don’t see how it’s embarrassing to loose him to Bristol. They have a much much bigger budget than us so will pay a lot more wages than us. You only have to look at the signings they made when in L2 to see the that.

Trust in DF to replace him. If we failed to do that at the end of the transfer window then yes questions need to be answered. Time will tell but DF’s record is excellent and should be given the benefit of any doubt.

1 minute ago, boslemportvale91 said:

I've noticed he's put his twitter on private. I'm annoyed and disappointed as anyone I just hope certain fans are hurting abuse at him about his decision 

bit harsh.  sad as it is to see him go, he's changed employer for a payrise....!

Very good player for us this season when he played. Injury record a concern for us and previous seasons had some issues with bookings / sendings off. I’d like to guess Brizzle have given him a whopper of a contract that incurs a bit of risk to themselves. Worth a lot to us but there is a sensible upper limit. I’ll always applaud him when he comes back.

Archived