onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Seeing as this is a ' rumours ' thread.
I've been 'told' by someone with a bit of coin who has a box up Vale that we had 4 or 5 potential signings shown around last week. One wanted 6 grand a week and was politely shown the door. 
Whether this hearsay has an ounce of truth is another matter but i,m in no doubt deals are done , it's just a matter of dotting the i's and crossing the T's . 
6 grands probably about the going rate for a top half player in league 1.

Advert

30 minutes ago, Sam Kelly's Left Boot said:

Today's the day I think. 

I saw Carol in the works buying a big pack of pens...

Just like when Mckirdy signed, and everywhere had sold out of crayons.

And bibs to mop up his spit.

No league 1 player is worth that money and those that are paying it (Wednesday, Ipswich etc) are paying way over the odds in my opinion. These are still 3rd division footballers ultimately, no matter how much you pay them.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

The market dictates what they are worth. If you want to compete at the top half of league 1, 6 grands probably the price you're looking at.

“The average weekly salary is estimated to be between £1,700 and £2,500 per week. This comes to between £88,400 and £130,00 per year.

In a leaked document by the Daily Mail, it was revealed that the average highest earner on each club was £4,753 per week or £247,188 per year. 

In 2020, Sunderland’s Aiden McGeady and Lincoln City’s Morgan Rogers were joint top of the League 1 salary table. Both players earn £19,000 per week or about ten grand shy of a million pounds per year.”

I’d heard a similar rumour about players being shown round last week but it was half a dozen players from some club in Wiltshire wanting their photo taken by the playoff trophy.

“The average weekly salary is estimated to be between £1,700 and £2,500 per week. This comes to between £88,400 and £130,00 per year.

In a leaked document by the Daily Mail, it was revealed that the average highest earner on each club was £4,753 per week or £247,188 per year. 

In 2020, Sunderland’s Aiden McGeady and Lincoln City’s Morgan Rogers were joint top of the League 1 salary table. Both players earn £19,000 per week or about ten grand shy of a million pounds per year.”

how-much-do-footballers-get-paid.jpg SQAF.CLUB

I’d heard a similar rumour about players being shown round last week but it was half a dozen players from some club in Wiltshire wanting their photo taken by the playoff trophy.

Lincoln paying 19k a week is absolutely mental

That report is a few years old, but it gives an indication of what its going to cost to compete

I think a lot of salary information was posted when the now defunct salary caps were brought in for L1 and 2.  This link lists top 100 individual player salaries for 2020.

Surprisingly, to me at least, Fleetwood had 3 players earning ~ £15k/week.  Did n’t realise they had the fan base/income to support that kind of expenditure.  

Puts into context our bonus supplemented  ‘cap’/wage structure last season of just under £2k and how difficult it is/will be for Carol et al to prioritise and fund progression on the pitch and off it (stadium improvements etc aren’t cheap) this season and beyond.

8 minutes ago, Trumpingtonvale said:

I think a lot of salary information was posted when the now defunct salary caps were brought in for L1 and 2.  This link lists top 100 individual player salaries for 2020.

Surprisingly, to me at least, Fleetwood had 3 players earning ~ £15k/week.  Did n’t realise they had the fan base/income to support that kind of expenditure.  

Puts into context our bonus supplemented  ‘cap’/wage structure last season of just under £2k and how difficult it is/will be for Carol et al to prioritise and fund progression on the pitch and off it (stadium improvements etc aren’t cheap) this season and beyond.

Aren't Fleetwood bankrolled to a certain extent ? They have had 3 high profile names as managers , Rosler, Barton and now Brown who won't be on peanuts. 

Going back to transfers, it's a fine balance for our recruitment, to get the right fit and character along with the right package for the player.

I hope we have an incentive based one like last season, maybe aim high, top 10 and get extra bonuses ? 

20 minutes ago, Trumpingtonvale said:

Fleetwood's owner Andy Pilley is bankrolling them. Pretty sure they opened a £10m training ground not to long again.

I agree with you though, i think the numbers on those lists will be lower than now as well. If the average highest earner in 2020 was £4,750 without bonuses, we would need to 2.5x our wage cap to hit the average 3 seasons ago.

We can't (and with Carol in charge, won't I'm sure) go splashing out wages that we can't afford to try to buy success. The matrix so far has bought in players like Garrity that other clubs didn't rate, that's got to be the way we go. No point being in the Championship for a season if we go bust the season after.

Archived