onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Advert

53 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

I wish Hurst all the best, isn’t this the Askey business model, sign players from previous clubs. It’s okay when taking players from higher leagues, but it doesn’t work when taking players from lower leagues. Good luck to both 

Do you reckon he will go after Pope?😂

10 hours ago, PVFC764 said:

The club may have tried to tie him up, but Gibbo's agent has advised him to wait and see what offers come in with the promise other clubs will offer stupid money for you.  The club can't be held responsible for the actions taken by the players agents trying to get a bigger offer put on the table. 

Does the club break its wage structure policy for one player and then have to do it for other players trying the same thing?  That is how other clubs have ended up in a mess and possibly putting them out of existence.  Glad I am not in control as that is a hard decision to solve.  You want to keep your best players, but not at the cost of putting the club in to a finance mess and then being docked points.

As important as Gibbo is, no player is bigger than the club and if Gibbo did leave and that move was down to money, I wouldn't be too upset, especially with Cass signing.

9 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

A good point but no, as Congleton are a few leagues below York. He should have learnt from trying Macc players at our club.

I think the comment on Pope was a bit tongue in cheek as they didn't get on at all

Amoo might end up there though

10 hours ago, PV1973 said:

Come on really? He’s come through the ranks (it’s highly likely he’s not one of the big earners because of that fact and his last contract was 3 years ago wasnt it now) and is trying to put a club out of existence because of his agent? Hes missed games through injury and he wants to be better paid than say the Tom Conlons, Dave Worralls, Tom Petts and James Wilson’s of the squad. Let’s at least credit a player with some common sense who’s been here a while. It just sounds like you just made that up in your head and are trying to pass it off as fact.

How do you know that - and why do you think he should be higher paid than Tom Conlon and James Wilson, for just two? JW has contributed far more than JG this season and, probably, could claim he deserves to be the highest-paid Vale player? Talk about "you just made that up in your head and are trying to pass it off as fact"??

24 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

How do you know that - and why do you think he should be higher paid than Tom Conlon and James Wilson, for just two? JW has contributed far more than JG this season and, probably, could claim he deserves to be the highest-paid Vale player? Talk about "you just made that up in your head and are trying to pass it off as fact"??

I think you’ve misunderstood me. The post I replied to was saying that Gibbo has gone in with agent and he’s come up with a ridiculous demands that could ruin the club. Why would anyone in their right mind (I mean the 3 lads of contract) think they should be paid mega bucks as was being touted around in the post I quoted? It was the usual agent ruling the players fantasy post with no common sense. 

Did hurst have any injuries last year?

In retrospect feels like a bit of a waste of a season for him. Arguably we did nothing to prepare him for vale first team, or put him in a shop window to get a fee. Only thing i can think of where there seemed to be lack of a plan.

We bungled the keeper situation and tried to fix it with holy. We lost politic but replaced him with cooper. Neither of those worked but you could see the idea. With hurst in contrast it is almost like we forgot aboit him or some loans we didnt know about fell through at the last minute.

If he has gone i wish him all the best. In the bleak winter of 2020/21 he put a shift in and the odd decent cross at a time when everyone else was stinking the place out.

Archived