onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

8 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Robinson is an interesting one, clearly one for the future but didn’t they say he was a right back when he came in?

Not sure he s a wing back… he never got in the team in league 2 so not sure he ll be in first team contention in league 1 ….

Advert

Just now, Bob Newtonian said:

Not sure he s a wing back… he never got in the team in league 2 so not sure he ll be in first team contention in league 1 ….

Good point, I wonder if a loan move could be on the cards for him or if he’s going to get thrown in at the deep end at some point. 

3 hours ago, Jgpvfc said:

A few Twitter comments today saying they’ve heard Gibbons has rejected the new contract. I did say yesterday that I thought we would have heard by now if he was going to sign so I’m guessing he is looking at his options. Would be a real shame to lose him. 

I always take no notice from twitter. Half of them were convinced Smith would sign for Stockport despite vale triggering his contract. Just hear say from someone's mates goldfish pal who worked in the clubshop for half a day. 

Going off the retained list , DC likes to keep his cards to his chest until its all done and dusted. 

Don't get me wrong Gibbons could go. But for me league 1 is about his standard so I can't see him going anywhere higher. 

Dunno but remember, his teams are notoriously “slow starters”. So we lost for the first time in, what, c.20 years on the opening day under his watch. Good job he got us promoted in the end…..
Lost to a team that finished above us, who will play in a lower league to us next season, settle for the same next season

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

22 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Good point, I wonder if a loan move could be on the cards for him or if he’s going to get thrown in at the deep end at some point. 

Think he may be gone at the earliest opportunity… was considered a chance worth taking on the cheap but not upto league 1 I don’t think… no need throw him in at the deep management see him day in day out and his performance stats are measured and compared to his peers..,,. Then a decision is made I suppose. Horrible game in the lower leagues unfortunately 

1 hour ago, MiketheValiant said:

I see Kevin Ellison has turned down a coaching role offer at Newport because he wants to keep playing...wonder if he'll fetch up at Swindon...

Dont think the hairy one would like it after Ellisons p*ss take of the penalty 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Iv never known so many older players still carving a living out of the game - good on em all

40 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Is that you causing the rumour mill all over twitter then 😂

Fans will be paranoid thinking united are in for Conlon next.

Scunthorpe are after Conlon - damn 😱😱😱🤣🤣🤣

Think he may be gone at the earliest opportunity… was considered a chance worth taking on the cheap but not upto league 1 I don’t think… no need throw him in at the deep management see him day in day out and his performance stats are measured and compared to his peers..,,. Then a decision is made I suppose. Horrible game in the lower leagues unfortunately 
I disagree, from what I can gather he is very highly rated at the club.

Monday will be the day we start hearing things. There's possibly less than 2 weeks before preseason, so I'd imagine we've sorted some signings and those out of contract already.

Gibbons would be a loss but equally we coped without him for large parts of the season. If a big league 1 or championship club came in for him, it must be tempting to want to try and play at a higher level.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

3 hours ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Wasn’t he rumoured to be moving, for money, to Sheff Utd in Jan before his injury kippered it??? In hindsight, given his impact in the last few games, that injury could have been a blessing even if he now leaves for nowt, disappointing as that would be.

With hindsight, now we know all the facts that was a ploy to dampen down fan expectations and let the team bed in without pressure. Especially due to the turnaround of the players.

This season I suspect  there will be an emphasis on a good start, fixtures permitting, to keep momentum from the end of last season. It will basically be the same starting 11 baring 2-3 players max.

Would love Gibbo to stay but would understand him leaving if he gets interest from the top end of L1 or from the Championship as a football career is short and the chance may not come again.

Personally I’m not sure whether he will get Championship offers based on his injury record. Last 4 seasons he has played in 101 games out of about 210 because of injuries.

If he does leave the recent record of the process would suggest we will find a suitable replacement.

Archived