onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Advert

1 minute ago, DoiDoiDoi said:

When are the players back and due to start preseason training? I'm sure this will give us some indication of when the deals will start rolling in as I'm sure DC will want the maximum time to gel.

Dunno but remember, his teams are notoriously “slow starters”. So we lost for the first time in, what, c.20 years on the opening day under his watch. Good job he got us promoted in the end…..

Dom Telford liked a post on Twitter regarding the state of the Plymouth pitch.... favourites for his signature? (btw not stalking him, just happened to check out his account right now). Didn't they have someone break in recently and turn it over with a tractor? Hell, transfer news is as scarce as water in the Sahara at the moment.

11 minutes ago, DoiDoiDoi said:

Dom Telford liked a post on Twitter regarding the state of the Plymouth pitch.... favourites for his signature? (btw not stalking him, just happened to check out his account right now). Didn't they have someone break in recently and turn it over with a tractor? Hell, transfer news is as scarce as water in the Sahara at the moment.

he played for them before moving to Newport, so probably not an indication of his likely destination

20 minutes ago, DoiDoiDoi said:

When are the players back and due to start preseason training? I'm sure this will give us some indication of when the deals will start rolling in as I'm sure DC will want the maximum time to gel.

"1st week of July" according to The Sentinel.

So, likely Monday 4th July.

(suppose possibly Friday 1st for any returning tests, weigh-ins, etc?)

2 hours ago, ollyandpatch said:

So looks like a slow news day on the rumour front so let's stir things up a bit..

Gibbo to Stoke on a 2 year deal...

Even though they're seemingly about to bring in an Arsenal lad that plays in the same position(s) ? - 

31 minutes ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

"1st week of July" according to The Sentinel.

So, likely Monday 4th July.

(suppose possibly Friday 1st for any returning tests, weigh-ins, etc?)

Is that later than normal given that the season starts only 4 weeks later. 

I hope Gibbo signs, but would hold no ill will if he did fancy his chances elsewhere. I personally would think that if he did go to another L1 team, unless it's one of the big guns paying silly money, it would probably be predominantly down to the length of the deal, given his injury record. I can't see him dropping to L2, except for money

Assume Vale squad have been given a couple of extra weeks due to our season ending 3 weeks later than the majority.
Stoke report back for pre-season next week apparently.
The sooner Stoke come back the better. Gives their fans plenty of time to whip themselves up into a promotion certainty frenzy before the inevitable hysterics and sobbing on RS from November onwards

1 hour ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Dunno but remember, his teams are notoriously “slow starters”. So we lost for the first time in, what, c.20 years on the opening day under his watch. Good job he got us promoted in the end…..

Haha… I remember people losing their heads over this.

It was genuinely baffling and hilarious watching people trying to turn it into a huge negative! 

Although Gibbo would be a big loss i would trust DF and DC to bring in the right players.

I am sure that Robinson can play in that RWB role as well as CB so it might be good to see what he can do,also we have Cass now for the right side of the back 3. So i would be sad to see Gibbo go(for no money as well) but players come and go and we will live with it.

33 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Although Gibbo would be a big loss i would trust DF and DC to bring in the right players.

I am sure that Robinson can play in that RWB role as well as CB so it might be good to see what he can do,also we have Cass now for the right side of the back 3. So i would be sad to see Gibbo go(for no money as well) but players come and go and we will live with it.

Robinson is an interesting one, clearly one for the future but didn’t they say he was a right back when he came in?

Archived