onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

36 minutes ago, geoff1 said:

as if

Well played 40 + games for the last two seasons with 20+ goals ! Would have thought well worth a punt as clearly not a one season wonder. Surprised Morecambe have kept hold of him so far.

Advert

1 hour ago, bomber said:

Well played 40 + games for the last two seasons with 20+ goals ! Would have thought well worth a punt as clearly not a one season wonder. Surprised Morecambe have kept hold of him so far.

There was interest in him at the end of the season they went up but he wanted to stay at Morecambe

He wont go for anywhere near 600k but i wouldn't be surprised to see bids of 100-150k maybe depending on length of contract

20 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

So looks like a slow news day on the rumour front so let's stir things up a bit..

Gibbo to Stoke on a 2 year deal...

That wouldn’t surprise me one bit, I think MoN is shopping in the reduced isle this year. Would be incredibly disappointing though, we look a different team with him in.

21 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

There was interest in him at the end of the season they went up but he wanted to stay at Morecambe

He wont go for anywhere near 600k but i wouldn't be surprised to see bids of 100-150k maybe depending on length of contract

Rotherham rumoured to be after him as they are about to lose Michael Smith. Proven goalscorers are a rare commodity, so it will be much higher than your figures but not the 600 k that some are predicting. I would love to see him here, but very unlikely. 

Completely random here, but below is a list of games that the current team has played in League1 (I also included (C)hampionship and (P)remier league games as well). This is not scientific - just the numbers pulled from Wikipedia so doesn't distinguish between subs/full game stats (also, cup games not included). Could argue we need more experience in Midfield..... in goal, that's a given.

Goal: Lucas Covalan 0 | Aiden Stone 0

Def: Lewis Cass 0 | Conor Hall 0 | Chris Hussey 91 (C 48) | Dan Jones 0 | Aaron Martin 106 (C 22) | Mal Benning 46 | James Gibbons 0 | Nathan Smith 0

Mid: Tom Conlon 1 | David Worrall 171 | Harry Charsley 0 (C 1) | Brad Walker 38 |Ben Garrity 0 |Tom Pett 2 | Alex Hurst 0 | Jake Taylor 0

Att:  Jamie Proctor 220 (C 22) | James Wilson 0 (C 37 P 15) | Eden Bailey 0

49 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

So looks like a slow news day on the rumour front so let's stir things up a bit..

Gibbo to Stoke on a 2 year deal...

A few Twitter comments today saying they’ve heard Gibbons has rejected the new contract. I did say yesterday that I thought we would have heard by now if he was going to sign so I’m guessing he is looking at his options. Would be a real shame to lose him. 

31 minutes ago, DoiDoiDoi said:

Completely random here, but below is a list of games that the current team has played in League1 (I also included (C)hampionship and (P)remier league games as well). This is not scientific - just the numbers pulled from Wikipedia so doesn't distinguish between subs/full game stats (also, cup games not included). Could argue we need more experience in Midfield..... in goal, that's a given.

Goal: Lucas Covalan 0 | Aiden Stone 0

Def: Lewis Cass 0 | Conor Hall 0 | Chris Hussey 91 (C 48) | Dan Jones 0 | Aaron Martin 106 (C 22) | Mal Benning 46 | James Gibbons 0 | Nathan Smith 0

Mid: Tom Conlon 1 | David Worrall 171 | Harry Charsley 0 (C 1) | Brad Walker 38 |Ben Garrity 0 |Tom Pett 2 | Alex Hurst 0 | Jake Taylor 0

Att:  Jamie Proctor 220 (C 22) | James Wilson 0 (C 37 P 15) | Eden Bailey 0

Good work however you can only rely on Wikipedia. Smith played for us in league 1.

56 minutes ago, Jgpvfc said:

A few Twitter comments today saying they’ve heard Gibbons has rejected the new contract. I did say yesterday that I thought we would have heard by now if he was going to sign so I’m guessing he is looking at his options. Would be a real shame to lose him. 

Could be part of negotiation and not rejected the “final” offer.

I really hope he stays, there are not too many players around like him.

I would be gutted if he moved to another club in  L1 but Championship would be fair enough……..even Stoke.

Wasn't Nathan Smith moving to Stoke before his contract extension the other year 🙄

Gibbo deserves a chance at challenging himself at a bigger club if he feels he needs to. If he moves to the <ovf censored> though, he'd be lower than a Hitler and Thatcher hybrid. 

2 minutes ago, Mellor! said:

Wasn't Nathan Smith moving to Stoke before his contract extension the other year 🙄

Gibbo deserves a chance at challenging himself at a bigger club if he feels he needs to. If he moves to the <ovf censored> though, he'd be lower than a Hitler and Thatcher hybrid. 

Yep them and Brum I think it was.

May well just be part of a longer negotiation, nothing wrong in using whatever leverage you have to get a better deal. Think his injury record would stop any Championship club from really going after him unless it was say a Rotherham and all the best to him if so. As for the <ovf censored> they do play a wingback system (albeit much less entertaining than how we play it) so there is that but not going to lie there would be some very mixed feelings if he went to them of all clubs.

Wasn’t he rumoured to be moving, for money, to Sheff Utd in Jan before his injury kippered it??? In hindsight, given his impact in the last few games, that injury could have been a blessing even if he now leaves for nowt, disappointing as that would be.

Archived