Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

13 minutes ago, efsb said:

Vital Football reckons Freddy Woodman might be on his way to us on loan -

NEWCASTLE.VITALFOOTBALL.CO.UK

I saw that rumour on Twitter earlier.

Seems an unlikely one at first glance but having said that Newcastle know we will play and look after him with our track record last season.

Whatever happens It’s brilliant to be linked to a player with this pedigree, assuming no smoke without fire.

Advert

7 minutes ago, MBE said:

Seems an unlikely one at first glance but having said that Newcastle know we will play and look after him with our track record last season.

Whatever happens It’s brilliant to be linked to a player with this pedigree, assuming no smoke without fire.

Unofficial Vale also picked up on that but I think it's a typo. 

If you look up Freddie Woodman, there's a near done-deal with Preston

I think Vital Football have just had a mind freeze and typed "Port Vale" instead of "Preston" and lo and behold, a rumour emerges...

12 hours ago, Biddulph_PV said:

I saw it differently, I thought he managed it very well a) because of fitness as against Swindle and Mansfield he did understandably tire and b) Charsley’s energy in chasing down was needed at that point to stop the oppo’s trying to build any momentum. Irrespective, I think this pre-season is a big one for JT, he should be full of confidence after Wembley and I think that if he comes back fit then he’ll start next year.

BPV, To some extent I agree, particularly the fitness and match fitness. However after JT's cameo appearance against Hartlepool it seemed he was made somewhat of a scapegoat for the Bristol Rovers defeat, Bristol Rovers played very well that day and JT did not feature in the next two games vs Walsall and Newport, both very different teams than the Gas and both very winnable. 

IMHO both games were crying out for a player like JT as Vale had little creativity and no pattern to their play. Against Newport Finn Azaz who's a similar skill type player took us apart and JT was sat on the bench twiddling his thumbs in both games. We watched 5-10 yard square and back passes and Vale chasing shadows.

This was in addition to Taylor being ousted after 2-3 games when DC first came to Vale never to be seen again that season although there were reports that he was injured. At the start of the 2021/22 season he was on the bench and hardly got a look in but when he came on for the last 30...ish mins against Crawley (?) and in the FA Cup against Accrington he played some excellent passes from midfield, particularly to George Lloyd. Against Rochdale and Liverpool U23's he was excellent but then back on the bench hardly to play and then the long lay off due to injury. So my point that DC/AC may not "Trust" JT goes back more that the run in to the end of the season.

I would have though skill will be at more of a premium in Lge 1, Taylor showed under Askey that he's a skilled player and has confirmed that under DC/AC and he's willing to do the dirty work as well. Some of JT's touches and vision at Wembley were worthy of a much higher level of football, the pass out to Worrall which set in motion the play for the 2nd goal and the Cruyff turn and pass out to Benning were simply brilliant.

I hope/don't think Taylor would go to Morecombe (If there's anything in this rumor), I perceive they are a club on the way down whereas Vale under The Shanahan's leadership are a club on the up and I hope Taylor is part of it although he does need games. I want to see the team do well but also see the "Wembley skill" whether it be from JT or cultured defensive play from Connor Hall or the runs and touches from James Wilson when watching the Vale week in week out.

17 minutes ago, MBE said:

I would assume he would be coming as No 1 or he has lost his confidence?

8 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

I would assume he would be coming as No 1 or he has lost his confidence?

He just needs to play 1st team football to push on. As RobF pointed out allegedly was close to loan with PNE.

Now reported to be close to joining us but could be a typo😂

We would be crazy not to be shopping in the Geordie under age teams, I’m sure we will have a good relationship after Cass deal.

36 minutes ago, robf said:

Unofficial Vale also picked up on that but I think it's a typo. 

If you look up Freddie Woodman, there's a near done-deal with Preston

I think Vital Football have just had a mind freeze and typed "Port Vale" instead of "Preston" and lo and behold, a rumour emerges...

I think your typo theory is right Rob.

One of the best regarded young keepers in the country with Preston and Bournemouth wanting him. Preston deal is all but signed according to the press which is what I think the Vital site is referencing.

None starter I’m afraid folks.

9 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Be an unreal signing. He’s surely championship bound 

Must be, with 2 Championship seasons behind him 80 odd games, but then 4 games in the Prem which did not go too well against Ronaldo put that down as an experience.

Whichever James Wilson we get his miss at Cobblers from a yard or two out wasn’t the only one.  Someone will now defend James and say, “Yes, but he was our top scorer”, or, “At least he keeps getting into those positions”.  Both statements are true of course.
James Wilson is a class above. Anyone thinking otherwise is deluded.

34 minutes ago, PortVale89 said:
18 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:
Whichever James Wilson we get his miss at Cobblers from a yard or two out wasn’t the only one.  Someone will now defend James and say, “Yes, but he was our top scorer”, or, “At least he keeps getting into those positions”.  Both statements are true of course.

I agree. Lacked fitness and confidence when he first came.

The pass to Benning at Wembley,the skill of the goal against Accie,the assist v Barrow away,the goal at Bradford.

I'll forgive the tap ins he misses...even the best do it. However James Wilson is one of the most naturally gifted players I've seen in a long long time for Vale

48 minutes ago, PortVale89 said:
18 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

No question, but it’s not all sweetness and light.

Archived