onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Advert

1 hour ago, MBE said:

Reading the references to the Taylor v Bristol is extremely harsh. He was well off the pace along with 10 other players that day but he had also only just returned to the 1st team with 30 minute cameo.

And was played as a holding midfielder which he never has and never will be. Everyone is forgetting he changed the game at Hpool as well 

weve spent two pages deciding that Jake Taylor is probably not talking to Morecombe, but if he isn't, he is definitely talking to Bradford, but this is probably a masquerade to hide the fact he is really talking to Morecombe whilst he is on holiday with half the squad - did I miss anything? 😍😍

On 12/06/2022 at 11:18, Joe B said:

This is the most egregious overrating of a player I've ever seen. Good lord.

He was great at Wembley. He played the equivalent of three 90s last season and hasn't played well consistently since pre-Covid. He was rubbish at Scunny and Clarke wasn't interested when he was appointed last February.

Calm down lads. He's a good player who has rarely played for 2.5 years. 

So you saw most/all games JT played at Scunny, very likely you did not so how do you draw that conclusion, perhaps one of your "Alf Ramsey level mates"?  I very much doubt Scunny would have wanted to sign JT if he was rubbish. I also doubt Forest would have had a good look at him in summer 2020 and subsequently reportedly put a large sell on clause in his contract if they though he was rubbish.

As for JT being injury prone as far as I'm aware the guy has had a thigh/muscle injury and returned before it had properly healed, it is now healed and only time will tell whether he is "Injury prone" or not.

Why you wish to make many posts containing many negative, unfounded comments about a talented young player is beyond me.

I’m surprised that some people would be happy to JT go if I’m honest, with a level of fitness and his confidence up through a run of games, he will be a very useful player to have. I can’t help but think about Sproson’s ridiculous remarks on one commentary bemoaning the fact that Taylor wasn’t  playing and basically saying he’d reassess in the Summer.

But as with Benning, you can’t look through that Wembley performance and dismiss it as a one-off, biggest game, perfect surface etc. it’s up to us to bring out that talent week-in-week out.

Plus Taylor gave me one of my more favourite recent moments when he blasted in the winner at Crusty Road! 

Notwithstanding that I would like us to sign a different type of midfielder. In an ideal world, a prime Anthony Grant or an Ian Bogie, i.e. a schemer with a bit of spikeyness, a bit like the guy from Accie who always looked good (was it Bobby Grant or Jimmy Ryan???). Williams from Swindle would be a great addition and very much in that mould, but somehow I don’t think that will happen.

On a separate note I have seen references to the £50k we apparently paid for Hall. Really?? I cannot believe we paid that. Absolutely ridiculous money if that is true and we ought to be thoroughly ashamed of ourselves……because we have well and truly had the Harrogate chairman’s pants down there.

Whether the reports about Jake Taylor and Morecombe are true or not I thought something like this may happen. DC/AC don't seem to "Trust" JT given the few minutes he played last year when fit and when he was fit and started, pulled him off after ca 60 mins. I don't know whether "Trust" is the right word but there's something there.

JT is at that stage of his career where he needs a consistent run of games to show what he can do and his in and out of the team experience last season when fit must still be in his mind and that's the only thing I can think of why he'd leave the Vale, all other things being equal (some are better at Vale).

I guess most if not all players at Vale are for sale if the price is right but I can't imagine the likes of Morecombe paying any sizable fee so his only reason for going there would be "Guaranteed" game time.

I'm a fan of Jake Taylor and hope he stays at Vale, when he came on for short periods of time at the beginning of the season and especially in the final run in he showed the creative talent/passing ability he has and the willingness to defend. It must take some fortitude to come back from lengthy injury and step into the final games/play-off pressure and perform well knowing that the management team may not have full confidence in him..

Tom Conlon and Jake Taylor can easily play in the same team together alongside a solid defensive midfield player, they did under John Askey. JT's best position is as an attacking midfield player but the question then is what happens to Garrity? As much as Garrity has done a fantastic job at Vale I can't see him scoring 12 goals next season, so some interesting decisions for DC/AC.

5 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

Whether the reports about Jake Taylor and Morecombe are true or not I thought something like this may happen. DC/AC don't seem to "Trust" JT given the few minutes he played last year when fit and when he was fit and started, pulled him off after ca 60 mins. I don't know whether "Trust" is the right word but there's something there.

I saw it differently, I thought he managed it very well a) because of fitness as against Swindle and Mansfield he did understandably tire and b) Charsley’s energy in chasing down was needed at that point to stop the oppo’s trying to build any momentum. Irrespective, I think this pre-season is a big one for JT, he should be full of confidence after Wembley and I think that if he comes back fit then he’ll start next year.

7 hours ago, Biddulph_PV said:

I can’t help but think about Sproson’s ridiculous remarks on one commentary bemoaning the fact that Taylor wasn’t  playing and basically saying he’d reassess in the Summer.

I remember that comment, PS was an idiot saying that - at the time JT was injured anyway if I recall correctly, and even if he wasn't, any fit player who isn't playing should be unhappy. 

Personally, I think he could well be a major player for us next season, and all these moaning how crap he was against Bristol should remember as other good posts have said that it was pretty first game back for several months and he was played out of position, plus there were plenty of other players that day on an equal or better footing on the One Vale Fan "Crapometer" scale 😍😍😍

I think we need some news on a new player or two to take the emphasis of this JT (non)situation.

Archived