onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

The article I read said Morecambe were confident of getting him on the cheap. And a massive chunk of any of that would go to Forest as a sell-on clause payment. If he goes, I very much doubt it'll be because the money is too good to turn down. Not at all like if  someone came in and offered £2 million for Wilson or Gibbo for example (where I wouldn't want him to go but you'd snap their hand off)
It is more likley the case if they let him go it frees up a wage to bring someone else in for that role. I don't doubt Flintcroft and Clarke probably already know who they want potentially may have a replacment lined up.

Advert

I'd be sorry to see JT leave the club. I enjoy watching a player with his skill set. Good control, runs with the ball, and a good passer. I felt we needed more of that from TC, who is more static, rather than a ball carrier. 

However, if he's off elsewhere, then there will be good reasons, and I'm confident it will be the right move for the club.

It is that last sentence that highlights the difference now.

Under the previous regime, there was no trust. 

There is now.

I trust the club to do what is right, and have people at the club who buy into the ethos. There is definitely a player in JT and it would seem he could be a main player this season, as we have to plan without Tom. Even come the new year is TC  going to be up to speed ? He maybe the secret weapon come the run in ! 

TC is an important consideration. Like a number of players returning from injury, you don't know what will happen. 

Thankfully, Tom will be given some leeway, but if he's not up to scratch, then action has to be taken for the team's benefit.

I think that it would be folly to assume he will hit the ground running after a lengthy time out.

3 hours ago, Walka003 said:

If the money is right for Taylor, I'd cash in. He's good but very hot and cold. In his permanent time with vale he's had more bad games that good. That being said if we keep him I foresee him starting the season/being genuine competition for Conlon when he's fit.

I like him, and if Wembley Jake turns up next year we are in for a good season. If brizzle Jake turns up more often than not, we will soon be regretting not taking the Morecambe money.

I think we can expect younger and somewhat inexperienced players to blow hot and cold, in saying that it wasn’t the case during his first spell.  It all seems to have coincided with a bad time at Iron, so maybe confidence taking a knock, along with being hit with injuries.

He was thrown into the Bristol game and couldn’t have picked a worse fixture to start.  He looked miles off the pace and probably would’ve benefited from another couple of starts off the bench.  Lately he’s looked the player of old.

I think a fit JT would be a good player for us so I’d be inclined to keep him in the short term and see how he goes between now and January, but if there’s an offer on the table I guess it depends on how much the staff think Jake will figure balanced against his wages and cost of any replacement.

I would certainly keep Jake. He's shown he has the ability to play at a higher level. He was well thought of at Forest. A Scunny supporting friend of mine said that he was dropped into a very poor team and his confidence suffered, but he thought he could play well in a better team, which I think he's proved. Maybe sharing creative midfield duties with TC would mean they both stay fresh and injury free! Bringing in a supposedly better player can always be a risk as we no what Jake is capable of, he just needs to be more consistent and stay fit. I certainly wouldn't be selling him cheap!

I think we all trust the club to do what’s best. We have obviously got to plan the season without TC for the first half if not longer. A bit frustrating to think Morecambe could pinch a good player off us. Hope Jake stays and does the business.

I wonder how much of this is paper talk and how much has some credibility .

I'll repeat umpteen others, there is a good player in Jake who has been badly affected by injury.

I do think criticism of his Bristol performance is a touch harsh given he was in an unfamiliar role and literally chucked in after Walker injury at Hartlepool a few days beforehand.  Our midfield that day was Taylor, Charlsley, Garrity as weak as P**s . No Pett or Walker decimated us. 

If he goes i trust our recruitment, although i'd of liked to have seen Wildig, but that ship has sailed. Other good players will be on our radar.

Personally i want him to stay.

I'll predict that Conlon won't kick a ball in anger until maybe late October. Will miss 10 to 15 games .

Apparently Bradford are sniffing too. I think Jake is replaceable and if Darrell is thinking of moving him on because we have other players coming in who will do the job then I’m absolutely fine with letting him go. 

Apparently Bradford are sniffing too. I think Jake is replaceable and if Darrell is thinking of moving him on because we have other players coming in who will do the job then I’m absolutely fine with letting him go. 
He is in the shop window, but we do not have full knowledge of the situation. He was given a long contract and it appears that Forest terms were tough on the basis of his prospects.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

Archived