onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

16 minutes ago, Conrad said:

You prosper by keeping your better players.

True. But if he thinks the writings on wall in terms of Conlon being first choice when fit, then maybe leaving to play more games is what would further his career. 

Advert

I’m not sure why Taylor would be considered a squad player. He’s better than Charsley, and without Conlon our only real creative midfielder. He was fantastic in the last few games so unless we have someone lined up to replace him it makes no sense to me letting him go. Loads of potential, years on his deal, played well and getting back to full fitness. Dosent make sense Imo. If a midfielder is to leave it surely would be charsley. If he goes I fully back the team to sign someone as good / better, but that will cost as these kind of players aren’t cheap. Just think we should be looking at keeping him - there was euphoria on here when he signed 

3 minutes ago, 1 said:

Does anyone think IF Taylor goes, we will not bring in a player at least as good to replace him? I seriously doubt that.

Unless we can find a gem then that could cost us a lot of money to replace him with someone who would be competing with Conlon. 

I’m not sure why Taylor would be considered a squad player. He’s better than Charsley, and without Conlon our only real creative midfielder. He was fantastic in the last few games so unless we have someone lined up to replace him it makes no sense to me letting him go. Loads of potential, years on his deal, played well and getting back to full fitness. Dosent make sense Imo. If a midfielder is to leave it surely would be charsley. If he goes I fully back the team to sign someone as good / better. Just think we should be looking at keeping him - there was euphoria on here when he signed 

Because that’s what he’s been this season

I like JT and rate him, if the rumours are true then he can only talk to other clubs if we allow it

If he is allowed then that tells you all you need to know

2 minutes ago, tisdeano said:

Because that’s what he’s been this season

I like JT and rate him, if the rumours are true then he can only talk to other clubs if we allow it

If he is allowed then that tells you all you need to know

He has but he’s been injured for large parts of it, we saw his impact with key assist and passes towards the end of the season, think it’s an error letting him go unless we have someone lined up which I’m sure we do. 

He has but he’s been injured for large parts of it, we saw his impact with key assist and passes towards the end of the season, think it’s an error letting him go unless we have someone lined up which I’m sure we do. 

If we let him talk to other clubs that tells us enough

If we let him talk to other clubs that tells us enough
I honestly think that the way our club is set up now if we received a sufficient offer for any of our players wed let them talk to the buying club. And then bring in a replacement of equal or higher quality even on short notice. No player at our level is irreplaceable

1. Taylor might want to go. He didn't even play much when he was fit last season, only coming in for the final few games. He needs games and his role is the same as Conlon's. I can't begrudge him a move - he did his job at Wembley but I wouldn't have him starting every week at the next level. It's not as easy as us 'getting shot'.

2. Bit of recency bias going on. He played well in our most recent game, on a memorable day. We were largely fine without him last season and I think there's very similar quality out there. 

3. He's injury prone. Seriously. Not had a proper run of games since January 2020. He makes Gibbo look like Iron Man. It's very presumptive to assume he's past his injuries based on a few 60 minute appearances. What do we do if he's our main creator sans Conlon and his injury flares up in pre-season?

4. Flitcroft has shown that he will sell squad players - Rodney and Johnson being prime examples. Johnson for Hall was a masterstroke. He'll have a database of players with similar profiles to Taylor - probably more durable.

He might not even go. I think we all like the idea of Taylor coming good but, fundamentally, he's not been good for more than the odd game since late 2019 under John Askey. If we get offered cash + a sell on % for an injury-prone player without consistent return since December 2019, then we take it in my view.

Taylor (when fit) looks to be the type of technical player we will need more of in the higher league. I hope any replacement is equally creative in that critical engine room of midfield. If he goes I will feel a bit cheated because we have not had the best of him. Fully back the club to make the right decisions nowadays. So in summary hope he stays and smashes it but quietly assured we can wheeler-deal the situation well. 

Unless they're going to offer silly money (unlikely as this is Morecambe) then we would be crazy to let a player of Taylor's quality go to a rival. His vision and execution of the pass leading to our second goal at Wembley was top notch, and Conlon wont be match fit for months.

Would be sorry to see Taylor leave. I think he’s going to be a class act in L1 with a run of games but every player in our squad is available for transfer for the right offer.Even star players like Conlon and Wilson.

That’s how you keep building.

You only have to look at the turnaround in January with the Ryan Johnson transfer. Although he was a bit nervy, there was definitely a good player there.Stockport saw that gave us a fee and we reinvested with Hall and Hussey. Great bit of business.

In Flickers and DC I trust to make the right call without question.

Archived