onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Advert

3 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

So Gibbo's not signing then.  <ovf censored>.

I don’t know, theres been no players around the club for 2 weeks. But FWIW I think Benning could be the one not to sign, just been on about that on the Ale and Vale podcast thread actually and I agree with Bez’s comments about him being ostracised for a few months could be the reason why he looks elsewhere and a club where he could be guaranteed more starts. 

Just watched Lewis Cass's interview. This club is now light years away from even where it was under bell/rudge. We've managed to keep the good bits and totally turn around all the negative sides and issues there were then and have been over the mold/smurth era. I can't wipe the smile off my face. My club is now a club I am proud to be able to support again.

6 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

I don’t know, theres been no players around the club for 2 weeks. But FWIW I think Benning could be the one not to sign, just been on about that on the Ale and Vale podcast thread actually and I agree with Bez’s comments about him being ostracised for a few months could be the reason why he looks elsewhere and a club where he could be guaranteed more starts. 

I think if any of them don't sign it will be Proctor. Can't see him being our other starter with Wilson and he might go somewhere like a Stockport or Wrexham for one last pay day. No inside info, he just doesn't usually hang round at clubs and I wouldn't blame him for trying to get a decent wage while he still can. Unless he's happy winding down here and being a rotational striker where he's happy. Who knows.

6 minutes ago, Mellor! said:

I think if any of them don't sign it will be Proctor. Can't see him being our other starter with Wilson and he might go somewhere like a Stockport or Wrexham for one last pay day. No inside info, he just doesn't usually hang round at clubs and I wouldn't blame him for trying to get a decent wage while he still can. Unless he's happy winding down here and being a rotational striker where he's happy. Who knows.

The thing with Proc is his injury record may put some clubs off.  Apparently we trusted him to train as he saw fit.  That’s got to be worth something.  Having said that, nobody could begrudge any older player chasing one last big payday.  Maybe this is what Flitcroft was referring to when talking about the club being fair and players and their agents also needing to be fair, but he did also say that negotiations were going well with the out of contract players.

I think Proctor will sign. I remember him saying how good the club was in letting him manage his training and workload. I can't see that happening anywhere else.

I also see Gibbo and Benning signing.

It may mean Jones/Hussey/Martin/Hurst loaned out?

I think we may bid for Edmondson/Telford/another keeper.

I think that's enough then

53 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Not one of the doommongerers, and it’s a great signing, but why would he turn down a contract with NUFC to join Port Vale.

He was offered a U23 contract at Newcastle which means he wasn’t going to get first team football. 

52 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Not one of the doommongerers, and it’s a great signing, but why would he turn down a contract with NUFC to join Port Vale.

To play first team football, not got a cat in hells chance with Newcastle, and presumably to put himself in the shop window.

2 hours ago, MBE said:

Proc, I personally would be unconcerned if we can’t reach an agreement him.

I'm interested in why some don't seem to rate Proctor. For me, he was absolutely fantastic during parts of the season and only faded when his injury got so bad he literally couldn't get onto the pitch. However, I felt he earned kudos for playing through the pain.

I'm not saying he should be an undisputed starter upfront but he's not that old and would be a great squad man, starting some and being a decent option off the bench. I'd be very happy if he signed and disappointed if he left.

3 minutes ago, robf said:

I'm interested in why some don't seem to rate Proctor. For me, he was absolutely fantastic during parts of the season and only faded when his injury got so bad he literally couldn't get onto the pitch. However, I felt he earned kudos for playing through the pain.

I'm not saying he should be an undisputed starter upfront but he's not that old and would be a great squad man, starting some and being a decent option off the bench. I'd be very happy if he signed and disappointed if he left.

Agreed, the vast majority of Wilsons best work has been when Proctor is on the pitch as he is the one who gets into the physical stuff to free up Wilson to do what he does. I would argue thinking back to the playoff semi final Proctor in the 25 or so minutes he was on the pitch at Swindon was a large reason the tie started swinging in our favour as well as setting up the goal for Wilson.

He'd be a great option to have and whether it's someone like Ryan Edmondson we bring in they could only benefit from his experience and knowledge.

Archived