onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

13 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Irish Premiership in NI is a semi pro league. Linfield are strong by their standards but I lived in NI and even their best stars are probably league 2 level. Taken as a whole, the league is probably weaker than the national league. 

I doubt any player from that league would be good enough in league 1 these days. 

Ah fair enough. I catch the odd linfield game when they play in the champions league prelims on bbc but didn't think the standard was that great.

Advert

3 hours ago, blackdog said:

Tomas Holy signs a two year contract at Carlisle.

4 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Any idea of the likely Season Ticket sales and average gates for next season to fund the push?

ask the media team!!😄

22 minutes ago, Bald Eagle said:

Played a big part in our day out at Wembley.

If it wasn’t for him we could have easily taken an automatic spot!😉

I know you're only (half) joking but Covolan is the reason our auto ambitions were derailed. Holy came in when the spotlight was on that position and there was an over-reaction imo to him between the sticks. It's all fine margins, Stone was fortunate in the final, his mix-up went straight at him and he had one cleared off the line. No light is shone on it because we won.

Holy will be solid for his new club, his stats are as good as the two keepers we have.

I know you're only (half) joking but Covolan is the reason our auto ambitions were derailed. Holy came in when the spotlight was on that position and there was an over-reaction imo to him between the sticks. It's all fine margins, Stone was fortunate in the final, his mix-up went straight at him and he had one cleared off the line. No light is shone on it because we won.
Holy will be solid for his new club, his stats are as good as the two keepers we have.
You're seriously blaming Cov for our ballsing up being 5 points clear with about 4 games to go when he hadn't played since Swindon at home? On that basis, let's blame Wilson and Proctor for being out injured for 2 months, Conlon for half the season, and DC for not being here until the last league game. Get a grip man

10 minutes ago, philmpv said:
52 minutes ago, Rocky said:

You're seriously blaming Cov for our ballsing up being 5 points clear with about 4 games to go when he hadn't played since Swindon at home? On that basis, let's blame Wilson and Proctor for being out injured for 2 months, Conlon for half the season, and DC for not being here until the last league game. Get a grip man

Calm down Phil. There’s a way to object to someone’s view without the condescending tone. There’s plenty of your posts I disagree with but I don’t feel the need to respond in such a childish manner. 

You can’t compare Clarke’s absence or any injuries to the team as they were unavoidable. Kung fu kicking a player in the chest and getting sent off for the second time in a season when you’re a goalkeeper is avoidable, the second red card especially. 

I wasn’t saying he single handedly derailed our chances of automatic promotion but in comparison to Holy, Cov’s actions contributed more to it than Holy did. 

Holy didn't convince me to be honest. For his frame and physique he wasn't too commanding. 

Still say Cov or Stone save that goal at Rochdale. Colchester away seemed to be the game that did for Holy.

None of the 3 have ever truly put their stamp on the position and my gut feeling is that we'll have a new number one on July 30th .

On 08/06/2022 at 18:31, philmpv said:
On 08/06/2022 at 18:18, boslemportvale91 said:

While the standard is massively different, Linfield have released Christy Manzinga. Who I believe is there top scorer from last season (20 odd goals from 40 appearances). Big strong tall striker who likes a goal or two

Saying that I remember vale were looking at Joel Cooper before he signed for the Oxford at the time. When he did finally come here he looked dreadful in his short cameos

I thought that was Mark Sykes? Remember that and being gazumped by Oxford, but not Cooper

It was

On 08/06/2022 at 13:53, Valiant62 said:

I’ve got it… Slipknot Cuehoe. What a signing, very excited.

Slipknot cuehoe apparentely talking to swindle - after all,  they are the biggest mid-table league two managerless team  - NICE 👍

Archived