onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

2 hours ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

Would seriously like us to make enquiries about getting Polotic back. Has barely featured and now they are a division higher so can't see him playing much at all.

I would love that!

Flickers said in his January interview that he has a feeling that he will work with Politic again. We can but dream!

Advert

As much as he showed flashes of real talent, and made some match changing contributions, it was often from the bench that he did the business. When he started he tended to disappoint. He also doesn’t fit the tactical system that Clarke seems to prefer and which the squad is built on using more often than not.
I agree. He scored a couple of decent goals and showed flashes of skill but I wouldn't be busting my balls to get him back. If he's available at the right deal then great but some people don't half go overboard on the influence of certain players.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

Have to agree that his utility was really as an impact sub injecting a bit of spark and an eye for goal in games that were drifting eg Orient and Barrow but wouldn’t go overboard in looking for a return especially since I’m sure with the positive press we’ve had recently on the club’s culture and obviously our performances etc we could and should be able to attract similar/better loanees this coming season - we didn’t really do too bad with his replacements in January with Harratt and Edmondson coming in - though not necessarily as exciting to watch they arguably made just as valuable a contribution to the season’s outcome as Dennis.

MMMMMMMMMM I can see both sides of the Dennis argument - don't forget his Burton cameo -either. He hadn't played for over a year and we were nursing him back. Also his full games came when we down to the bones system and player wise. But oh what memories - Orient and Burton will be with me till the day the last of me brains cells decide to burn out.

I would love him back in a system that suits us and him - but alas I think not.

Plus I can hear Robbie Too Loud Williams in Biddulph 🙃

Politic left and Kian Harratt came and did similar.  Both looked ineffective at times.  Other times outstanding.  They were both a bit different from other players in the squad.  Maybe more direct.  I think the main thing was that both knew where the net was and fans, quite rightly, remember a goal scorer.  We don’t need Politic or Harratt but we do need some more goals up top.  No idea if the Telford rumour is true but he’s something a bit different than Proc and Willow, which would give us another option and threat.

15 hours ago, tisdeano said:

Because his parent club wanted him to get more game time , Vale wouldn’t guarantee that

I see, thank you, but I think we may have missed a trick on this one. It will be interesting to see just how much playing time he gets with Bradford and how many goals he racks up for them.

48 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

I see, thank you, but I think we may have missed a trick on this one. It will be interesting to see just how much playing time he gets with Bradford and how many goals he racks up for them.

Harsh to say we’ve missed a trick because we had no say in it at all. It’s down down to Huddersfield where they want him to go for his development.

Also there’s the possibility that we may not have wanted him back, because league one could have been a big jump for him. He may have had a good last couple of games but there were a lot of games where he was ineffective too. 

18 hours ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

Would seriously like us to make enquiries about getting Polotic back. Has barely featured and now they are a division higher so can't see him playing much at all.

He didn’t fit in the system we played. Be amazed if we went back in for him.

Plus would he want to come here and sit on the bench again hoping to get the chance as a bit part player? 

Having Politic is the squad is an absolute no-brainer. Non discussion. You need game-changers in the squad, and he proved he was that against Barrow, Orient, and Burton.

352 worked last season but we may need a change this year. He's 22 and with loads of room to grow. Get him in.

12 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Having Politic is the squad is an absolute no-brainer. Non discussion. You need game-changers in the squad, and he proved he was that against Barrow, Orient, and Burton.

352 worked last season but we may need a change this year. He's 22 and with loads of room to grow. Get him in.

Quality over quantity Dazzler is saying.  No disputing that Dennis has plenty of quality, and he will develop, but how much has he developed spending a full season out of the first team?

I think bringing low numbers in means we need more consistent performers than DP.  As with any transfer window, for all the background work that goes in, we still need a bit of luck that any signings perform as anticipated, gel and, of course, stay fit.

I think Politic was very consistent when he wasn't played as a central striker next to Dave Amoo/Ben Garrity in an injury crisis. Whenever he didn't play as a central striker, he was excellent.

Before he was thrust into a CF role from Walsall onwards (which was never going to work when partnered with midfielders out of position), he played 309 minutes (equivalent of 3.4 90s). He scored 4 and got 2 assists (have excluded Liverpool U23s where he scored 1 and got 2 assist). That's an absolute joke of a record. The lad barely started!

He basically flipped Orient, Barrow, and Burton by himself. We've got loads of consistent, steady performers but you need a big of magic to get somewhere.

In my view you get highly talented, game-changing 22yo's in the squad. There's no guarantee we play 352 forever. Think the discussion is immaterial as he'll want a crack at Serie A first - may kick on next season after settling into a new country.

Quality over quantity Dazzler is saying.  No disputing that Dennis has plenty of quality, and he will develop, but how much has he developed spending a full season out of the first team?
I think bringing low numbers in means we need more consistent performers than DP.  As with any transfer window, for all the background work that goes in, we still need a bit of luck that any signings perform as anticipated, gel and, of course, stay fit.
If we want to replace Amoo as "game changer off the bench" I can't see many better candidates than Politic if he's available

9 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

Politic left and Kian Harratt came and did similar.  Both looked ineffective at times.  Other times outstanding.  They were both a bit different from other players in the squad.  Maybe more direct.  I think the main thing was that both knew where the net was and fans, quite rightly, remember a goal scorer.  We don’t need Politic or Harratt but we do need some more goals up top.  No idea if the Telford rumour is true but he’s something a bit different than Proc and Willow, which would give us another option and threat.

The difference is surely, that Kian Harratt is still only 19yrs old. Personally, I  would have been willing to take a punt.

Archived