onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

25 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I will bang the drum for Joe Sbarra until he's in the Lorne Street holding up a scarf.

Local, 23, rifling 17 home from midfield, out of contract this year.

Perfect low-risk, high-ceiling signing who could be that magician we've lacked since Politic has gone. 

Check him out BT Sport Sunday 15.00 versus Grimsby, spot Vale staff in attendance?

Advert

59 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I will bang the drum for Joe Sbarra until he's in the Lorne Street holding up a scarf.

Perfect low-risk, high-ceiling signing who could be that magician we've lacked since Politic has gone. 

Won’t be Lorne Street Joe, seemingly any drum banging will be done from the Hamil from now on.  😬

14 hours ago, Joe B said:

Wrexham are very interested in him and McAtee(who i mentioned) from Grimsby

Not wanting to pee on any bonfires here but could we start a thread on ex vale loan players please,as i keep coming on this thread and it says 20+ new comments so i keep thinking we have signed some players only to find we have actually loaned Neville Southall and David Lowe

Andy Holt has done a thread about the money handed to the EFL. It worryingly shows the gap wide I g with the championship getting a larger increase than League 1 and league 2.

Putting aside the worrying message the interesting data point is the increase of our share of the cash after promotion.

League 2 prize money last year was £600k (which will rise to £630k this year).

League 1 prize money this year is £900k (up from £865k)

So that’s £300k more cash in the coffers before increased season ticket sales, gate receipts, playoff money, shirt sales etc etc.

I think priorities are goalkeeper, RCB, a wing-back, a 10, and a forward. Would entail Lucas, Hussey, Hurst, Charsley being moved on.

My picks:

GK: Ben Hamer, getting on and released by Swansea, or Alex Smithies

RCB: Jordan Willis, released by Sunderland

Wing-back: Moses Odubajo, released by QPR

10: Joe Sbarra, out of contract with Solihull

Forward: John Marquis, released by Lincoln

I really like David Ajiboye from Sutton but he wouldn't fit into our system.

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

Andy Holt has done a thread about eh money handed to the EFL. It worryingly shows the gap wide I g with the championship getting a larger increase than League 1 and league 2.

Putting aside the worrying message the interesting data point is the increase of our share of the cash after promotion.

League 2 prize money last year was £600k (which will rise to £630k this year).

League 1 prize money this year is £900k (up from £865k)

So that’s £300k more cash in the coffers before increased season ticket sales, gate receipts, playoff money, shirt sales etc etc.

Thanks for this.

The prize money that you refer to, is that what every club gets for playing at that level?

Did we get extra for promotion?

I've no idea about this, important, stuff!

1 minute ago, SFBT said:

Thanks for this.

The prize money that you refer to, is that what every club gets for playing at that level?

Sorry, poor choice of word from me… the £900k is our share of the Sky money rather than “prize money” so yes everyone gets it 

5 minutes ago, SFBT said:

Thanks for this.

With regards to income we roughly had 12 to 13k away fans this season in the 23 home games. 

Next season should double that. 300 k extra revenue just from ticket sales. 

Archived