onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

1 hour ago, Trumpingtonvale said:

Did someone say the Twitter feed briefly had news of Mal B extending his contract before it was deleted? A mistake in fact or a mistake in timing?  With DC on well deserved holiday are new/re-newed signing announcements perhaps being delayed so as the manager can provide a real-time welcome message when he’s back?

With many Vale fans struggling to bring their endorphin levels down to something like normal it’s entirely possible that somebody jumped the gun on Mal, alternatively maybe it hasn’t happened.  He didn’t play much and will have to weigh that up.  Most players go straight on holiday, plus it’s agents and club representatives doing most of the haggling, so some deals will be delayed for that reason.  Whatever, your point with regards to DC is a good one.  Phone off, rebuilding family was what I think he said.

Advert

Gutted about Kian but having read these posts I understand what is best for all. Probably the most influential loan player since David Lowe who was  outstanding. 

Kian will be a legend forever in my eyes. What a great future he has in front of him. We may have not seen the last of him yet. Good luck lad.

2 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

Well equally consider that the best League 1 clubs have also tended to go on and do well in the Championship. Even Wycombe put up a good fight in their season. 

I agree, low end league 1 isn’t much different, but we need to aspire to be an upper league 1 club. Nobody wants years of mid table league 1 tedium. We had that and all it does is suck the life out of the club, fans get apathetic and want more. 

Yes - so many things prove the gulf between Leagues isn't massive, I wasn't suggesting we shouldn't be ambitious - just let's assess the team that fought so hard to get our promotion ought to be given a chance to see how well we can do? I know we didn't exactly piss the League - but we were 7(?) points off being Champions! There may well be people in - and I would hope so - but not wholesale changes. Need to replace Harratt and Edmondson, unless Ryan's coming back next season? And Connor Hall's clone would be good for CH addition. But that's not much of a change. We needn't be frightened of the January window if we need to strengthen?

23 minutes ago, MelbourneValiant said:

Gutted about Kian but having read these posts I understand what is best for all. Probably the most influential loan player since David Lowe who was  outstanding. 

Kian will be a legend forever in my eyes. What a great future he has in front of him. We may have not seen the last of him yet. Good luck lad.

Tony Sealy, David Lowe and Harratt . 3 great loans .

Edmonson was actually better but because of his impact at crucial times Harratt will be remembered for years to come 

23 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Tony Sealy, David Lowe and Harratt . 3 great loans .

Edmonson was actually better but because of his impact at crucial times Harratt will be remembered for years to come 

I really like Edmunsdon but I don’t really know what his position is. The lad worked his socks off too here and I wouldn’t be disappointed if we signed him up again. 

1 hour ago, Jgpvfc said:

I really like Edmunsdon but I don’t really know what his position is. The lad worked his socks off too here and I wouldn’t be disappointed if we signed him up again. 

For a striker, he did supremely as a wing back.

His cross in the game against...? was sublime.

3 hours ago, Hoppers said:

I remember at a very early age, and someone will correct me here, but im pretty sure we were crammed in behind the nets at Stockport in the old wooden stand and Sealy was tearing them apart. Remember the stand bouncing when we scored - must have been early 80s 

One of my fav games… who was up front for us that day ? 

I will bang the drum for Joe Sbarra until he's in the Lorne Street holding up a scarf.

Local, 23, rifling 17 home from midfield, out of contract this year.

Perfect low-risk, high-ceiling signing who could be that magician we've lacked since Politic has gone. 

16 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I will bang the drum for Joe Sbarra until he's in the Lorne Street holding up a scarf.

Perfect low-risk, high-ceiling signing who could be that magician we've lacked since Politic has gone. 

Are his family Vale fans?

17 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Let's see how he does tomorrow. He looks very small?  Born in Lichfield.

Archived