onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

I think Harratts last 2 games have glossed over his time here for some. No doubt he can finish when given the chance and has scored some important goals, but his all round game needs a lot of work and he’s way too raw. Everyone loves a player giving his all, which he did, but I think the majority of his games showed his inexperience and a lot of them passed him by IMO and he was ineffective in the majority. There’s no way we can go into league one with him as a starter and there’s no way for his development that he stay third or fourth choice either. This season will have been a big eye opener for him with us and will do him good, if he were my son I’d be hoping he was getting game time and thats what it seems Bradford will do for him. He’ll forever go down in Vale history for that goal last week. 

Advert

It's a good move for Harratt - local, right level, great person to learn from (don't forget how good a player Hughes was!)

Few people being a bit too romantic about things - the loan system is a purely transactional, self-interested system where clubs higher up are trying to get the most out of it. We should just target different players that we think will do the job for what we need.

Hi all, totally agree with many on here it seems an odd decision on face value to turn down a crack at L1 and go back to L2, but in all honesty I think a huge pull for young players nowadays is being close to home with friends and family, Huddersfield probably clearly know they own a potential talent and will have no plans to releasing him anytime soon despite only 1 year left of his contract. At just 19yrs of age they are probably in no rush to thrust him upon L1 and potentially risk him not been quite ready and stalling his progress by not playing, he has plenty of time on his side to make that step up. So with that in mind it makes perfect sense for them to send him to us for a season as the next learning curve in his career right on their doorstep to keep an eye on.

17 hours ago, Hoppers said:

Great start to the rumour mill mate - this is what's so much fun about this thread 😂😂

I would be gutted if Harratt went to Bradford, he clearly loves it here - but they are in his neck of the woods and would probs offer loads of spunky spondulas 💵💶

Re Telford, how many times have we seen these one season wonders come and go - would much prefer how we have been this year with goals spread throughout the whole team.

Proctor - no deal - NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOAAAAAHHHHHHHH

According to Kian Harratt's relative (brother?) he wanted to stay but Huddersfield said he needs to sign for Bradford for game minutes?

13 hours ago, Doha said:

Cole Stockton has a year left but Morecambe are offering a new deal. I suspect that's an insurance policy for a transfer bid this summer. 20 in 30 appearances last season.

If there's any truth in those Telford rumours that have been circulating for a good while then our major focus afterwards should then be working with Villa to get Finn Azaz a season long loan in league one at a club with a fantastic dressing room and atmosphere where he'll be looked after immensly and only an hour up the M6. Clearly Rowberry found a magic combination with those two, 32 goals and 10 assists between them.

Finn Azaz would be a great shout!

9 hours ago, werstayinup said:

What i dont understand is how so many are convinced he is coming here,whare has that even come from to hook so many in?

Perhaps because he was wearing a Vale shirt at Wembley? And, I think he Tweeted something that might have been taken as a hint?

3 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

If it’s guff, and there really is no difference in the standard of players as you go up the leagues, please explain why I’m not playing in the Prem.

I didn't say there was NO step up...just that the step up didn't mean we would be playing against players who've developed superpowers! Probably about 12 teams in L1 are no, or not much better than most teams in L2. Bottom 5 or 6 teams in L2 no better than top3 in National League? Top 3 or 4 teams in L1 on a par with bottom 6 or 7 in Championship, etc. I believe the only big steps up in class and ability is when there is 2 or 3 Lges between clubs - which is why Cup upsets are often shocking ones!

I thought Harratt could improve his out of penalty box game rapidly at his age. His pace and work rate was great and he takes his chances. The one at Wembley was not easy. Huddersfield think he needs to play regularly but won't do so at Championship level where they may feel they can win promotion in 2022/23. 

Bradford is an interesting move. Mark Hughes is manager, a top player and manager. He would not have moved for Harratt without holding a positive view of him being capable of being in a League 2 championship side. The potential at Bradford is enormous being a big club waiting to be properly re-established. 

Meanwhile our squad position needs to unfold. I can't yet tell if we are light and need several players or in equilibrium just needing to replace those who have left. I think the key to 2022/23 is to achieve consistent good performances perhaps being a team that is better than its individual parts. I think it will be a season of consolidation rather than challenging high up, but that could happen if several individual players with potential continue to improve.

I was surprised that the only casualty was Amoo. Amoo was a good player and his attitude seemed brilliant, given he was hardly featuring. That is the culture the whole club have generated, which I don’t think you’ll find at many clubs. I wish Amoo well. 

Kian, I too was hoping he’d come back but having time to reflect on the decision - I think it makes perfect sense. We were his first loan team and he only joined in January. So Huddersfield have decided to send him to league two for the season- which if you remember was their plan anyway but Kian came in January because he was so impressed with us. If he performs as we know he can but on a more regular basis, then hopefully that recall option will be triggered and he can come back to us if we’re in need. I think I want that more than anything due to the fact Bradford have done it so often to us but we’ve never returned the favour 

19 hours ago, philmpv said:

I'd put good money on the likes of Salford and Bradford paying that or even more

I was recently informed by someone in the game that the average wage at Stockport is 4k per week.One player is on 8k per week.Frightening.

Was thinking about league 1, and I thought to myself - how on God’s green earth did we finish mid table a few years back with McGivern and Duffy at centre half and Ben Williamson as our centre forward?!
It's a very very good point

Archived