onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Advert

On 01/06/2022 at 00:37, Guitar Ray said:

...Whatever you wish to believe the overall performance levels of your average player are higher as you move up the pyramid.  That’s fact not guff.

Nope - it's still guff! Players from promoted Exeter / Bristol R / FGR and almost relegated Fleetwood and Morecambe are not suddenly going to grow wings, just because they're in League 1. Mid-table teams like Shrewsbury / Lincoln / Burton and Cheltenham are not going to get sugar daddies to enable them to sign players like National League Wrexham...which didn't quite work out! Anyway - good to see the Management are in a similar mindset with only 1 player going, and options being exercised for 2, and contracts offered to 3! No cull, this time - just Amoo and loanees Harratt / Edmondson to replace - with upgrades where possible!

On 01/06/2022 at 07:58, wotsyobeef said:

...Lets hope we can do well next season but to use those games as proof the current squad with little or no improvement next season would do well is foolish at best...

Be sure to tell DF that?

Surprised Huddersfield didn’t want to try Kian in L1 and have opted to let him play in L2. He’s a West Yorkshire lad so he’ll be able to commute from home, which makes me pleased for him. Perhaps they wanted to loan him out again and BCFC are paying more than we can afford. If you remember PVFC stated they don’t take players on loan where the parent club states that they have to play, perhaps BCFC will agree to that condition. Always welcome back and his name is written in the PVFC history books. One thing I can guarantee is that he’ll never get rid of the PVFC top that he wore when he scored our first PO Final goal. Good luck for the future Kian and always welcomed me back at VP. 

I don't know anything about the Dom Telford rumours as such, but I do know that him & DC have a bit of a chequered history, so I would be slightly surprised if he rocked up at the Vale.

When DC was at the Gas, he had Telford on loan from Stoke. He was only 21 & was scoring for fun in the reserves/B team. There was a clamour for him to be given an opportunity in the first team, but DC didn't think he was quite ready & didn't suit the system they were playing at the time.

Telford was frustrated & I don't think he thinks too fondly of DC. He once scored a hat trick in a reserve game & DC is quoted as saying he'd have fancied scoring 5 himself, based on the opposition he was up against.

Let's see what happens though!

Surprised Huddersfield didn’t want to try Kian in L1 and have opted to let him play in L2. He’s a West Yorkshire lad so he’ll be able to commute from home, which makes me pleased for him. Perhaps they wanted to loan him out again and BCFC are paying more than we can afford. If you remember PVFC stated they don’t take players on loan where the parent club states that they have to play, perhaps BCFC will agree to that condition. Always welcome back and his name is written in the PVFC history books. One thing I can guarantee is that he’ll never get rid of the PVFC top that he wore when he scored our first PO Final goal. Good luck for the future Kian and always welcomed me back at VP. 
Kian shown as the first loan player in the BBC June Transfers. Why the rush?

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

I would expect that because we dont want to break the wage structure we will be in the market for good quality loan players, like Harriett that Flitcroft and the team will know about but who wont necessarily have had many first teams games or been brought to anyones attention. This I suppose is where flitcroft earns his crust. Im afraid because we operate within a competitive but strict budget we will always be up against clubs who can offer a player more money. I would imagine there are alot of smaller teams in league one losing out on potential signings to Bradford and Salford. I know having been a secretary at non league club we secured loans from conference clubs with the parent club sometimes agreeing to pay a percentage of the players wage which can work out in our favour if that player is on good money. So we can probably discuss signings till the cows come home but the players we end up with could be premier league/ championship kids probably uknown who havnt played a first team game yet. 

2 hours ago, Walka003 said:
2 hours ago, valiant_593 said:
Sorry, basically he said how much kian loved it at the vale and thanks for all the support. Then in the comments he said: 
665BB429-A34F-4EA6-BA2D-14D5E2953463.jpeg.d0e75cf68fe158bcab17132e0e106432.jpeg

His dad seems like an absolute legend. What a man

To be fair to the lad league one is prob going to be to big of a jump for him, hes still young and learning and needs games. Totally understand his decision and hes gone to a big club who are local to him in. Sensible move and sparky having been a striker will prob get the best out if him. I think the problem we have now once we have a good player on loan doing well they are in the shop window and theres alot of competition. We just need flitcroft and co to find another diamond for league one. 

1 hour ago, LancyTony said:

Nope - it's still guff! Players from promoted Exeter / Bristol R / FGR and almost relegated Fleetwood and Morecambe are not suddenly going to grow wings, just because they're in League 1. Mid-table teams like Shrewsbury / Lincoln / Burton and Cheltenham are not going to get sugar daddies to enable them to sign players like National League Wrexham...which didn't quite work out! Anyway - good to see the Management are in a similar mindset with only 1 player going, and options being exercised for 2, and contracts offered to 3! No cull, this time - just Amoo and loanees Harratt / Edmondson to replace - with upgrades where possible!

If it’s guff, and there really is no difference in the standard of players as you go up the leagues, please explain why I’m not playing in the Prem.

I like Kian and think he's got a very bright future, but league one is probably a bit too far for him at the moment. He's still young and raw and I suspect he would still be an option off the bench for us. Another year in the rough and tumble of league 2 will do him good. I'm just not sure whether Bradford is ideal...they have a big budget and big name manager and with that comes high expectations. If they've said that they're going to play him as a regular, that's a lot of pressure on young shoulders.

Great character though and clearly loves playing. Work ethic is great too which will get you a long way.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

Archived