onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Kian did brilliantly for us and will never be forgotten. However he wasn't exactly head and shoulders above league two so it probably wouldn't be right for his development to step up to League One just yet.

He's still got a lot to learn about the less glamorous side of centre forward play.

Advert

That’s terrible news for me what a great player harret is we only really realised how good he was when he partnered Wilson last 2 games looking back he spent far to long on the bench  and was not used enough but it’s easy to say after 

good luck to him he is class 

Just seen on Facebook Kian wanted to stay at Vale but Huddersfield wanted him to play first 11 and be the main man. Makes sense, but thought him playing a decent role in a league 1 club where he’s settled may have been better 
Who's said that on the Facebook?

Santa is right.

31 minutes ago, Ryan Boreton said:

Huddersfield Town fan here in peace. I just did a bit of sick in my mouth watching that badge get kissed. Horrible.

I just came here to see what you all thought of Harratt. He was scoring goals for fun in our B Team before you took him on loan, and he's one of our more highly rated youngsters. Must admit though I'm surprised to see him go to Bradford. I would have hoped - having seemingly proven himself at a top Lg2 side - to see him given a go in League 1. 

How did he do for you lot? It seemed from the outside that he was doing ok but you'll have seen more of him than I have.

Finally, congratulations on promotion. I just wish we could have done the same that weekend. Good luck for next season.

He's definitely got the potential to be a top player. His movement and vision for the ball is remarkable for a 19 year old. Has the strength and lands a cracking diving header

Like others have said , got lost in the shuffle sometimes ( mainly because Proctor and Wilson are our normal starting strikers) but scored some important goals for us especially the Wembley header. He's a cult hero here now in my eyes. More first team football will only benefit him 

Unlucky in your Wembley against forest. Ref had some dodgy decisions like usual. Wish you all the best season , especially against stjoke ! 

55 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Wish him well but think it could be another Jones. Bradford is a graveyard for strikers. Kissing the badge - maybe didn’t the like the vale as much as he says…. Bit much that 

I think it's pretty clear the whole video had been carefully mapped out to please BCFC fans, including the badge kiss. 

I am disappointed that Huddersfield and the player have opted for Bradford. I hope it works out for Kian. I fear it will be a bad move for all parties. 

I suspect he may be back at Vale Park in the future playing for us. Maybe in 12 months if he doesn't make it at Bradford and if Huddersfield get promoted to the Prem and decide to release him.

I genuinely believe he could have been an immense impact sub for us if he'd stayed at The Vale. 

Good luck Kian. You'll always be fondly remembered at The Vale, no matter what happens in the future. 

28 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Sorry, basically he said how much kian loved it at the vale and thanks for all the support. Then in the comments he said: 

665BB429-A34F-4EA6-BA2D-14D5E2953463.jpeg

Thanks glad I’ve read that 👍 

One thing we can be certain of is that he ain’t left cause our club is <ovf censored> 

Gutted though I wish him all the best 

On 31/05/2022 at 23:06, Clayts said:

Chatting at work today with a mate who's a Shrewsbury Town fan, he said there's no difference between bottom half L1 and top half L2. This idea that there's some kind of gulf is guff. 

If there was, not only would you have more L2 promoted sides going straight down, but more sides relegated from L1 would go straight back up. You'd have yo-yo clubs like between Prem/Champ and to a lesser extent Champ/L1, where the gaps in quality genuinely are bigger. 

Yes we need to strengthen, including with more pace in a couple of key areas, I'm not saying we don't, and I'm not saying we're good enough to compete over 46 games with big, top end L1 teams (yet). But to suggest half the squad are too slow/not good enough, after a season where our record against teams we will actually play next season in L1 was, I believe, P8 W5 D2 L1? Nah, not buying it.

Keep the team spirit and the majority of the squad together, add half a dozen quality (good enough to play in first XI, but not all guaranteed starters) players on top to replace the few we let go from the bottom, see who sinks/swims, repeat the process next summer.

The complete rebuild this season was successful, to the point we don't need to do it again.

Exactly my point, Clayts - we've enough recent experience against several teams to suggest we will get points off them. The last clearout means we have a squad of players who all know each other and how we play, and what their roles are, which is a huge advantage over teams who make massive changes! I suspect Harratt has been told we are bringing a striker in, and he will get less game time? Or it might be the less travelling to do, or, even, the appeal of playing for Mark Hughes? If he's used right he will be one of Bradford's top 5 scorers this season. Amoo - thanks for your service David - will be replaced by a definite upgrade and who will fit our system better. Maybe a couple more players will come in, too? Just so we have a slightly larger squad to deal with injuries. A quality CH - yes, please Lewis Cass? - and young Prem/Championship midfielder, of which there seemed to be plenty floating around, last season...and we must look a better team to send a young prospect to? And it doesn't hurt to have a young, enthusiastic and hungry youngster...or two...to call on as impact subs, or start with for nuisance value - as we've found! Re-sign the trio of Gibbons, Benning and Proctor and we're almost complete! Nice to see Smithy ignore the rumours sending him off to Stockport - those of you claiming to  be "in the know"  - don't!

Archived