onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Advert

1 minute ago, Mellor! said:

If the rumours of Steven Fletcher and Dom Telford have any kind of truth in them, then we were never really going to be in for Kian again. A cult hero, but not quite ready for League 1 yet imo. A year at Bradford will do him the world of good.

What rumours about Fletcher?

Thought I'd seen the last of man buns with those Swindon tarts 

Shame if true. Would have loved to see him and Wilson as a pair. Brilliant attitude and came up with some big goals.

Wonder if he knows who Bradfords manager is? I can understand Bradford being nearer to home but that job is a poisoned chalice with a huge turnover of players season after season. Don't think he'll learn much off Angol(always injured)or Cook(injured or overweight)

15 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Rapid and loves the big games. Started well, went quiet, finished strongly in the playoffs.

Work to do in build up but had all the elements you want in a penalty box forward; instinctive, pace, grafts, loves pressure, can score in a number of ways. We’ve seen tap ins, screamers, and headers. 

Play him with someone who can link stuff and he’ll bag. Will need patience as he’s still learning and tends to be a bit selfish/rush things. Can really see his inexperience at times, he’s like a puppy. 

Cult hero here for machine-gunning the Swindon fans and bagging the opener at Wembley. 

Play him every week in a front two and I think he’ll do very well. If he’d started for us next season I wouldn’t have minded.

If he was starting for us in the first game of next season I’d be very disappointed in our recruitment. He’s a player with potential, he did great things, but don’t forget he also looked lost at times. 

If his replacement is a League One level striker then we’ve improved. 

Also, whatever happens I think Huddersfield are keen on keeping him long term. 

5 minutes ago, Mellor! said:

If the rumours of Steven Fletcher and Dom Telford have any kind of truth in them, then we were never really going to be in for Kian again. A cult hero, but not quite ready for League 1 yet imo. A year at Bradford will do him the world of good.

Apparently fletcher is heading back hibs or so I've seen. 

Has a player ever left stoke directly and come to us before? 

1 hour ago, Richie D. said:

Not going to lie; would have loved to get Harratt in again on loan. Best of luck to him. He has left us with very fond memories and you never know how things will turn out. 

I think we all would of liked to see him back but as i see it DF found him so why cant we find another one

KTF

7 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

At least a dozen I would think, scope for a thread in the PAST, KO with Albert Mullard.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

I actually thought we would’ve signed him up for the season and would’ve been with Huddersfield’s blessing to get him playing in league 1. But thinking about it, he’s going to have limited game time here in all honesty and Bradford will offer him far more minutes than us to get him ready if Huddersfield want him back. Sad to see him go, because only a bit part player he has that pace and determination to do well for himself and seems clearly very popular in the dressing room. Good luck kian. And thanks for the memories at Wembley 👍

I think as well we are looking at it with the emotion of Saturday, he has promise but hadn’t really featured into the last couple of games. If we put a solely football head on it taking out the emotion it’s disappointing as he has potential but do we need to focus on signing a young striker we can develop for ourselves rather than another club. (Like we are looking at with Robinson for instance).

That said Dom Telford and Fletcher would be here and now signings I guess!

The more you think about it, the more obvious this decision is - we can't guarantee him game time whereas Bradford may be more able to do that. If we need someone in Jan, wouldn't at all be surprised if Huddersfield recalled him and gave him to us to see if he can make the step up.

Archived